5 days on $1300!?! Did we do it? - a July 2011 TR - update 2/15: Link to new PTR!

Wow, I am incredibly impressed. $0.68 over budget doesn't even count as over in Disney! You could pick that up in the Magic Kingdom parking lot! And you're absolutely right, you didn't skimp on anything. What a magical and financially feasible trip.

OMGoodness! Congrats!!!!!! That is amazing and a perfect reason to not updating!! I was beginning to wonder if all was well! :goodvibes I will come back later to read the update due to work beckoning.

Thanks for coming back! :woohoo: Like I said, I just didn't want to leave it unfinished.

Welcome back! I was wondering how you have been. For some reason when I saw that you had updated, I had a feeling that you were pregnant. I have no idea why, it seems to be going around on the dis.:)

Congrats!:banana:

I am glad you decided to finish up. Great job coming in on budget. I have so many trips that I want to do that include WDW at different times of the year, Disneyland, DCL and other cruises on different cruise lines that I need to start trimming the cost of our Disney trips. The less money you spend, the more trips you can take:thumbsup2

Can't wait for you to start you pre-trip report. I hope the morning sickenss passes soon:hug:

I am the same way. I have lots of ideas for great Disney trips. After our March 2012 trip, I really want to save for a DL trip to take DS out to the new Carsland while he is still in the age group that loves Cars.

Wow, I am incredibly impressed. $0.68 over budget doesn't even count as over in Disney! You could pick that up in the Magic Kingdom parking lot! And you're absolutely right, you didn't skimp on anything. What a magical and financially feasible trip.

I had to give up the Liberty Tree Tavern and Rose and Crown ADRs that we had originally planned, but in the grand scheme of things those were small sacrifices. I was so happy that we were able to go on such a small budget. it makes future trips easier to afford.

Way to go on the budget! I am overly impressed! Your last posts were full of my favorite things! FOTLK, Kilimanjaro Safari, Pizzafari and the trails! I haven't done Flights of Wonder yet. it was ont eh plan this past trip but we simply ran out of time. I have it as a priority next time around!

I can't wait to see about your March trip plans! Hopefully I will be there at the end of March! I am crossing my fingers!

Awww. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Even when it is expected that is tough.

Thanks for the kind words! You're right, I miss her every day!

Money remaining: -$0.68!!!! Can you believe it?!! We only overspent our budget by 68 cents!!!!!!!!!

That is amazing!! I know what I need now to stay on budget.....willpower!!:rotfl: Seriously, it's sooo hard to cancel (or not make) those ADR's. Our big splurge on Ashton's Surprise Trip will be the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK. I've been wanting to try that for a while and it's much more affordable for 3 of us than 13.:eek:

Your last day at AK was beautiful! I'm sure this is a trip your girls will never forget. Maybe you can even do another one sometime!

:cheer2: on the new little one! Have to admit I was wondering if someone's being sick was keeping you away. Never thought it might be morning sickness but that's really the best kind of sickness you can have. (Easier said when it's over! :rotfl2:)

Thanks for coming back to finish. I've loved reading your report and congratulations again on the baby AND staying on budget!

Way to go on the budget! I am overly impressed! Your last posts were full of my favorite things! FOTLK, Kilimanjaro Safari, Pizzafari and the trails! I haven't done Flights of Wonder yet. it was ont eh plan this past trip but we simply ran out of time. I have it as a priority next time around!

I can't wait to see about your March trip plans! Hopefully I will be there at the end of March! I am crossing my fingers!

Thank you! I am so happy that we were able to stick to our budget. I was concerned after the first day, but the girls really did well sharing meals and not asking for stuff in the stores. Somehow it made the trip feel more "laid-back" to me to know that we could afford everything we were doing.

I love AK too! You will have to try to see Flights of Wonder. The story is a little hokey, but I like birds.

I plan to start the March PTR this week. I already have a bunch written I just need to get it posted.

A little pixie dust :wizard: for your March trip!

That is amazing!! I know what I need now to stay on budget.....willpower!!:rotfl: Seriously, it's sooo hard to cancel (or not make) those ADR's. Our big splurge on Ashton's Surprise Trip will be the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK. I've been wanting to try that for a while and it's much more affordable for 3 of us than 13.:eek:

Your last day at AK was beautiful! I'm sure this is a trip your girls will never forget. Maybe you can even do another one sometime!

:cheer2: on the new little one! Have to admit I was wondering if someone's being sick was keeping you away. Never thought it might be morning sickness but that's really the best kind of sickness you can have. (Easier said when it's over! :rotfl2:)

Thanks for coming back to finish. I've loved reading your report and congratulations again on the baby AND staying on budget!

The Wishes Dessert Party sounds awesome! Have fun!!

I love AK! It is such a pretty park (hot, but pretty). I would love to take another girls trip someday...

Thank you for sticking with me while I was away. I just couldn't leave everybody hanging. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter