Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Now, I'm about to go grab myself one of those Black & White Hot Chocolates for the ride home... ::yes:: Of course in the time it takes to walk to my car I don't think it'll stay hot. :sad:

Nice! I haven't had any of the black and white stuff yet ...
(But yeah, that's why I got iced coffee when I went to the movies on Tuesday ... I knew hot coffee would be cold by the time I got to the movie theater)

Nice. I actually prefer the Cinnamon Dolce iced (I actually feel like we've had this conversation on @Ariel484's journal, where there used to be lots of Starbucks chatting), but it's good hot too. Cold brew and caramel macchiato are also excellent choices!

That we have! @run.minnie.miles :) Starbucks is life.

Now, I'm about to go grab myself one of those Black & White Hot Chocolates for the ride home... ::yes:: Of course in the time it takes to walk to my car I don't think it'll stay hot. :sad:

Ahhh yes. But I unashamedly could talk about it all day. :) How is the Black and White? It sounds almost like a little bit much, but please report back!

I wish coffee tastings were more of a thing... like wine tastings, only with coffee.

It’s not *too* different from their regular hot choclate, but it’s pretty good!

And of course it was hot for like 1.5 seconds so I’m reheating it later. Sigh!

Weather Update: I survived my first bomb cyclone. I think. I still don't know what a bomb cyclone is. I probably should have watched the news for more than like 48 minutes yesterday (that's 35 minutes running + 8 minutes warm up/cool down so that I don't get treadmill dizzy + 5 minutes stretching). My father and brother are both back at work today, and if it wasn't so cold out (wind chill -11 last I checked), I'd be tempted to go stand in my brother's parking space all day so that nobody steals it (it's a prime "already shoveled" parking space ... not very many of those on my street).

Training Update: Sunday's run will probably be moved to Monday, because we're leaving super early to take my sister home and I usually go on those trips (bonus: Monday is supposed to be like 15 degrees warmer than Sunday). I normally hate doing my long runs during the week, but I may just take Monday off from life and chill and treat it like a weekend day (especially since I won't have Sunday).

Coffee Update: Still undecided on coffee for the day. First I was thinking Starbucks Frappuccino bottle (don't judge me, all that sugar makes it delicious, and I only drink like a third of the bottle at a time), but then I was thinking I might want something warmer, so either hot coffee or tea ... I'll decide in like 10 minutes when I finally have breakfast.

Weather Update: I survived my first bomb cyclone. I think. I still don't know what a bomb cyclone is. I probably should have watched the news for more than like 48 minutes yesterday (that's 35 minutes running + 8 minutes warm up/cool down so that I don't get treadmill dizzy + 5 minutes stretching). My father and brother are both back at work today, and if it wasn't so cold out (wind chill -11 last I checked), I'd be tempted to go stand in my brother's parking space all day so that nobody steals it (it's a prime "already shoveled" parking space ... not very many of those on my street).

images

Training Update: Sunday's run will probably be moved to Monday, because we're leaving super early to take my sister home and I usually go on those trips (bonus: Monday is supposed to be like 15 degrees warmer than Sunday). I normally hate doing my long runs during the week, but I may just take Monday off from life and chill and treat it like a weekend day (especially since I won't have Sunday).

Warmer is definitely a win. Sounds like a good plan!

Coffee Update: Still undecided on coffee for the day. First I was thinking Starbucks Frappuccino bottle (don't judge me, all that sugar makes it delicious, and I only drink like a third of the bottle at a time), but then I was thinking I might want something warmer, so either hot coffee or tea ... I'll decide in like 10 minutes when I finally have breakfast.

images

Me Last Week: This is my last update until race week ...
Me Pretty Much Every Day Since Like The Day After That Update: *Updates*

Today's update: It's 7:05 AM. I'm sitting in bed with the laptop. Calling an audible and moving long run to Thursday because it's still sub-freezing with snow on the ground. Going out for 30 minutes today, then 3 miles tomorrow, then 10.5 on Thursday. Probably not my best idea since I'm going to an event Wednesday night, but ... I'll be fine.

Anyway ... I should probably get out of bed and get dressed now.

Today's Update #2: I may be running a race tomorrow. It's a Virtual Race that NYRR is doing in conjunction with Strava. It's free, so I finally gave in and signed up. It's a 5K, and I was planning on 3 miles tomorrow anyway, so I'll probably just throw in the extra 0.1 miles. I will not print and wear the bib, as I do not do such things.
Weather for tomorrow's run will be a balmy 31°. Obviously I will be wearing a tank top and shorts. (That or fleece-lined tights and a skirt and two long sleeve shirts ... but only two shirts and no vest and no capris under the pants like I wore today. It's going to be so weird wearing so few layers.)

Sorry I'm so chatty today. I'm having a weird day. And I just ate a lot of chocolate because I have no self-control. So now I'm lightly sugar-hyper too.

Suggest a coffee to calm down! Maybe a Starbucks Frappuccino? I like their toffee nut. Mmmmmm

As much as I hate the idea of saying no to Starbucks ... it might be a little too close to bedtime for coffee, even for me :)

Ohhh, I love coffee chat and the new title!

their straight black coffee always tastes AWFUL. I just can't.

I'm 100% with you on this. I hate their brewed coffee. If I'm on the road and in the mood for "black coffee," I'll get an Americano from there. That's more tolerable than their brewed coffee. Other weird alternatives: I hate their iced coffee but I like their cold brew. Also, we were in the airport in Miami this week and I was paralyzed by indecision about what I should drink if gingerbread latte season is over. Luckily, GBLs were still available. But when they're not... what will I do? Flat white I guess.

Ohhh, I love coffee chat and the new title!

:coffee:

I'm 100% with you on this. I hate their brewed coffee. If I'm on the road and in the mood for "black coffee," I'll get an Americano from there. That's more tolerable than their brewed coffee. Other weird alternatives: I hate their iced coffee but I like their cold brew. Also, we were in the airport in Miami this week and I was paralyzed by indecision about what I should drink if gingerbread latte season is over. Luckily, GBLs were still available. But when they're not... what will I do? Flat white I guess.

So, apparently I'm the only one who likes Starbucks black coffee (although I can't stand the regular, I can only drink the bold).
And I'm exactly the opposite - I think their cold brew is oversteeped (I'm super picky about cold brew because I make my own and I that's what I'm used to), but I'm okay with their iced coffee.
Post-GBL is a very sad time of year, though. I understand your difficulty, and I'm glad they still had GBLs available!

I feel like with Starbucks, everyone has something they love and something they hate.

:coffee:

So, apparently I'm the only one who likes Starbucks black coffee (although I can't stand the regular, I can only drink the bold).
And I'm exactly the opposite - I think their cold brew is oversteeped (I'm super picky about cold brew because I make my own and I that's what I'm used to), but I'm okay with their iced coffee.
Post-GBL is a very sad time of year, though. I understand your difficulty, and I'm glad they still had GBLs available!

I feel like with Starbucks, everyone has something they love and something they hate.

With you on the cold brew pickiness. We make our own, too. If I'm desperate and out and about, though, I'd get SBUX CB over iced coffee from them.

With you on the cold brew pickiness. We make our own, too. If I'm desperate and out and about, though, I'd get SBUX CB over iced coffee from them.

I'm like that at Dunkin Donuts - I'd get DD cold brew over iced coffee. I think DD cold brew is a little closer to what I make than Starbucks (although I use sbux grounds most of the time...).

OK- with so much cold brew/iced coffee talk... have any of you added sweetened condensed milk (the nectar of gods) to iced coffee? It's definitely a sweet treat, but it makes it so thick and delicious.

OK- with so much cold brew/iced coffee talk... have any of you added sweetened condensed milk (the nectar of gods) to iced coffee? It's definitely a sweet treat, but it makes it so thick and delicious.

I honestly don't think I've ever had sweetened condensed milk in my life. Which is weird. I should try this.
I once added non-dairy creamer to my iced coffee. That was pretty good.

to chime in on the coffee talk: i drink black coffee (hot or iced) and black tea because #lawschool. I actually bit the bullet this morning and bought a programmable coffee pot so that I stop spending $3.50 on designer black coffee every morning on the way to work. we'll see how it goes.

(i do have a french press and i love it, but it just doesn't work with my morning schedule)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter