• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
TiggerInNY said:
Funny you should say that, cause I WAS up at that time, but decided to close my eyes and try to get some sleep. I was on the couch cause DH is having trouble sleeping. I don't know if it's the medication he's on or what. He's so sensitive to medication. Can you believe that Nyquil keeps him AWAKE??? Tylenol PM doesn't help him. He just gets jittery from them. Go figure. So, I decide to come down to the couch cause he can't fit on the couch. Being he's 6'2" and the couch is about 5' long. So am I!! It's just my size. Anyway, I'm going way :offtopic: . I'll stop babbling.

Our pediatrician warned us once not to try stuff like Benedryl to keep the kids quiet on an airplane. He told of the time he gave it to his DD, and she ran through the plane like a wild child!
I guess that stuff affects everyone differently.

DareTooDream said:
Hey, I'm in the same timezone :wave2: Although, we stay Mountain Standard Time year round. Daylight savings time is coming up. For now Stacey and I are the same time as New Mexico, but next week we'll be the same time as California. :sunny: Does it confuse your out of state family as much as it does mine Stacey???? :teeth:

I'm a night person and I really don't like Shane being in high school. He has to get up too darn early :goodvibes I have to get up to make sure he wakes up. Both boys sleep waaaayyy toooo sound!!! I've even bought a couple different "loud" alarms. We were in Las Vegas a couple years ago with a bunch of friends for a 25th anniversary/wedding renewal event. The couple said their first wedding was so stressfull and busy that they wanted one they could enjoy. They got remarried at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel with Elvis (it actually was guite fun). Anyway..........we came back to our rooms about midnight to check on the various kids after whatever show was in our hotel (the husbands were all pleased as there were lots of bare breasts!!! :teeth: ). Our boys had put on the little inside locky thing (I just love technical terms). We knocked on the door, then pounded on the door, for quite sometime it seemed. Someone else in our group went into their room and called our room. I think it was something like 16 times (have to restart after it went to voicemail). We also had walkie talkies. We're in the hallway and you can hear the phone, hear the walkie talkies......I was getting a little worried. I figured they had to be in there if it was locked from the inside. I figured if they'd fallen out the window there'd have been some ruckus going on and we'd have found that out already. I came to the conclusion that they had killed each other. We finally had to call security. They have a way to undo that inside lock thingy from the outside. We all went inside and there the boys were, either asleep or dead. We checked to see if they were breathing and they were. Alan picked Bryce up by his ankles and hung him upside down. He didn't even stir. :cloud9: I'm not quite sure what that security gaurd thought! So, there's a really long explanation of why I have to get up early on school mornings! At least DH can get himself up, but for some reason he can't get DS up. At least he takes him to school on his way to work.

It's almost time to get the other kid to school. Between typing all this and a phone call I've run out of time. Gotta run for now.
Sherry

That sounds like my oldest DD (who we didn't have to drug on airplanes!).

Yes...the time difference drives us all crazy, but especially my Mom because I use it as my excuse to not call her. "Gee, Mom, by the time I got done with dishes and all, it was too late to call you"..... bad daughter.....

My first T.O.P. with Sherry!!

pixiedust: pdfg

justmestace said:
Jay and I own a welding and ornamental iron shop. He does the hard labor, I do the books. He does everything with steel from huge I-Beams during construction phase, to blacksmithing and ornamental stuff like gates, railings, tables, fireplace screens.....anything you could think of that could be made of steel/wrought iron.

Stacey, that sounds really great! I've always looked at ornamental pieces like what you describe and wonder where they come from.

--Samantha

sjtracey said:
I love Big Love. It's become part of our Sunday night routine (after The Sopranos, which, surprisingly, I actually like this season). --Samantha

Samantha - what did you think about last night's Soprano's? I'm not excited about this year. Last week was a ho-hum episode. I'm glad he's out of the coma though. That dream scene was getting to me. I think they need to get rid of Pauley Walnuts. He's going to be trouble. And his friend who gave him the tip about that raid that they did, I can't remember his name. The heavy guy who lost all that weight. Who is he? Anyway, we LOVE the Sopranos. I can't believe it's been like a year and a half since the last episodes. Time sure does fly.

justmestace said:
Our pediatrician warned us once not to try stuff like Benedryl to keep the kids quiet on an airplane. He told of the time he gave it to his DD, and she ran through the plane like a wild child!
I guess that stuff affects everyone differently.

Tell me about it. When I take Nyquil, when I'm sick of course, I could feel the wave come over me and I start to relax. Good thing I never did drugs. The illegal ones, I mean.

And, BTW, you stole my color lady. Can we share???

TiggerInNY said:
Count me in. Too bad DH can't make the kind of money he makes up here, down there.

Nope... but we've learned to adjust...

Besides when we sold our house up there, we were able to put a larger downpayment on buying one down here with a MUCH smaller mortgage thanks to the difference (3 years ago) in home prices. So, having a smaller mortgage meant it took less of an income to pay it.

sjtracey said:
Stacey, that sounds really great! I've always looked at ornamental pieces like what you describe and wonder where they come from.

--Samantha

It kind of depends.....some are mass produced, some are made in Mexico, some of the really ornate panels that you see inside gates are cast iron.....but Jay does all of his forged by hand....he even uses an old-fashioned forge and anvil. Although we have plenty of new fangled equiptment, too. Big boys and their toys. It's a nice business to be in. He not only gets paid for what he does, but people gush all over him. No one ever gets a bill from me and calls and says "Wow! Thank you for the beautiful bill!" LOL

OMG - it's 10:30am? I gotta go!!! THIS is why my housework and chores don't get done. It's all you guys fault. I gotta blame someone....tee hee.

OK - I'll try to stop in and see where we are with the milestone but I know there's pirate: s out there just waiting on the sidelines.

TiggerInNY said:
Tell me about it. When I take Nyquil, when I'm sick of course, I could feel the wave come over me and I start to relax. Good thing I never did drugs. The illegal ones, I mean.

And, BTW, you stole my color lady. Can we share???

Nuh uh....mine's the lighter purple, and the pink was blinding us all.....

kikipug said:
Nope... but we've learned to adjust...

Besides when we sold our house up there, we were able to put a larger downpayment on buying one down here with a MUCH smaller mortgage thanks to the difference (3 years ago) in home prices. So, having a smaller mortgage meant it took less of an income to pay it.

This is true!!!!!

chip&dale&fun said:
Watched March Madness Last Night ----

YEAHGATORS

Oh yeah! We were ecstatic here last night. Even Erin was yelling, "It's great to be a FloridaGator!" Quite cute, actually...

chip&dale&fun said:
Can we say

final 4

:cool1: Oh yeah!!!!! :cool1:

--Samantha

TiggerInNY said:
OMG - it's 10:30am? I gotta go!!! THIS is why my housework and chores don't get done. It's all you guys fault. I gotta blame someone....tee hee.

OK - I'll try to stop in and see where we are with the milestone but I know there's pirate: s out there just waiting on the sidelines.

But it's only 8:30! You can stay and play. And it's probably 5:30 somewhere.....:drinking1

Jay definitely couldn't do his job in Florida...it would all rust. But then, people pay him the big bucks to rust things on purpose here.....then it's called "rustic". Gotta love it!

justmestace said:
LDS? Latter Day Saints? :confused3

Wow...a VERY early morning T.O.P. for me...I'll share with Kevin...but bringing my own monkey.

th_DisneylandStaceysBirthday273.jpg

pixiedust: pdfg
That works in some circles....

In this case it stands for Local Dive Shop
Nice Monkey!! It's a girl I assume?????

Time for more coffee. It's raining. Just a nice little rain...perfect for soaking into the ground.

I suppose I should go to work, it's been a while. Vacation's over.

tinksdad said:
That works in some circles....

In this case it stands for Local Dive Shop Really? ;)

Nice Monkey!! It's a girl I assume????? Of course mine's a girl!

I'm guessing you failed Biology???

Dancind said:
you know, pam is on our time zone. guess she's not an insomniac.

Nope sorry ladies -- I was in bed sleeping last night. Have to get up at 5 am to get off for school (Dale has to be there at 7:00) and me at work at 7:30. I will post later tonight!!

How's the weather in Florida? Tori and I will be heading to WDW on Saturday. Although it still feels like winter here in Georgia -- what's up with that??? :confused3 -- I'm betting it's shorts and short-sleeves weather in Orlando. :woohoo:

TiggerInNY said:
Samantha - what did you think about last night's Soprano's? I'm not excited about this year. Last week was a ho-hum episode. I'm glad he's out of the coma though. That dream scene was getting to me. I think they need to get rid of Pauley Walnuts. He's going to be trouble. And his friend who gave him the tip about that raid that they did, I can't remember his name. The heavy guy who lost all that weight. Who is he? Anyway, we LOVE the Sopranos. I can't believe it's been like a year and a half since the last episodes. Time sure does fly.

I thought it was good. I was getting sick of the dream sequence too. Too strange for me. But I like the infighting that's started with the family - the struggle for control and the assumption that Tony wouldn't survive. How about the sheer disappointment on their faces when Carmella said he'd come out of the coma!

I think what I've been enjoying about it is the symbolism that's used. I want to watch each episode twice to see what I missed the first time. The best last night was when Carm wiped off her hands after putting down the envelope of money.

Yeah, Pauley and that heavy guy are trouble. The next few weeks should be interesting!

As an aside, we once saw James Gandolfini at our local diner when we lived in our old house (he had a house near there). He sat at the counter and shoveled oatmeal into his mouth, just like he does on the show. It was actually rather discusting to watch.

--Samantha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter