5/04/2013 - 6 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX - Fish Extender

rewhitingjr

Living the Disney Dream
THIS FE LIST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the May 4, 2013 Disney Magic Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll keep a master list of our group on entry #2 below. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience, and either post it to Google Docs or you can PM with your e-mail so I can send it to you.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Also, you might bring a couple of zip ties to help attach your FE. Some people have commented, unfortunately, that theirs have walked away. BUT thats a lot less likely if its attached with a zip tie (just dont forget scissors or clippers to cut the zip tie when you're going home!) :rotfl2

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Saturday, May 4th and early evening on Thursday, May 9th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Thursday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Friday morning.

Our group will close Monday, March 11th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

THIS FE LIST WILL CLOSE FRIDAY, MARCH 15th.

I'm just getting us started and organized, so if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! Can't wait to see everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following have signed up for FE as of Friday, March 15th:

rewhitingjr (2 adults . 0 kids )
Rtcounts (2.2)
exmli03 (2.2)
Ellasmommy (2.0)
nikolai (2.1½)
Yorkshireterror (2.2)
Anett1 (3.1)
bailey bunch (2.2)
bojybear (1.2)
carmie3377 (2.0)

The following have expressed interest in joining our FE as of Friday, March 22nd:

EPCOTatNight (2.1)
exmli03 (2.2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow this link to update / validate your information in the FE spreadsheet. Also, I will prepare a shareable google list that you will be able to print out before we embark sorted by deck / cabin numbers.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

How many generally participate? Is there any rules or guidelines? we've sailed with Disney before but didn't know about FE.

I have not booked yet, but I am planning for this cruise, and will DEFINITELY participate in the FE fun!

Nichole

I figure I better make it official!

-- syrumani
-- Cabin # 2128
-- Family Last Name - Alvarez
-- Nichole, Martin, Russell (9), and Sydney (6)
-- Favorite Disney characters: Nichole - Bambi, Martin - Cars, Russell - Toy Story, Sydney - Tinkerbell
-- Any special cruise celebrations - nope, although Sydney will turn 7 on 5/15, and Russell will turn 10 on 6/17, so this is pre-birthday presents
-- Any food allergies - Nope

Have to double check our room numbers. But we are in! Hopefully we will be celebrating the end of my dd cancer treatments. I'll get our cabin number and other info when I have more time. We are SO READY for this CRUISE!!
:cloud9:

Yay! I am so glad you are here! I figure after the holidays posts should start to pick up!:worship:

Only 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days unitl our cruise.

In 2 months, 2 days the FE list will close to allow us time to prepare our gifts.

Let me know if you're interested in participating in FE? Thanks.

I have every intention of participating in the FE . . .

So far, though, I don't think we need to worry about a cut-off date for FE . . . unless things really pick up between now and then!

But . . . if you really are in Converse, TX . . . I would guess that you wouldn't want San Antonio knicknacks . . . :rolleyes1

I have every intention of participating in the FE . . .

So far, though, I don't think we need to worry about a cut-off date for FE . . . unless things really pick up between now and then!

But . . . if you really are in Converse, TX . . . I would guess that you wouldn't want San Antonio knicknacks . . . :rolleyes1

So you live in the San Antonio area too! Great Etsy products.

The following have signed up for FE as of Monday, January 25th:

rewhitingjr
syrumani
Rtcounts
exmli03
Ellasmommy

In the next few weeks, I will begin posting formal list of names with relevant information of those participating in our FE. Also, I will prepare a shareable google list that you will be able to print out before we embark sorted by deck / cabin numbers.

Its going to be fun! party:

This is our families first cruise and we cant wait! We would love to participate in the FE!
-- ellasmommy
-- Cabin # ?
-- Family Last Name - Kirk
-- Ariana, Jared and Ella (2)
-- Favorite Disney characters: Ariana - Mickey, Jared - Hercules, Ella - Rapunzel/ Minnie
-- Any special cruise celebrations - Just our first Cruise and early birthday gifts for my husband and I
-- Any food allergies - No

This is our families first cruise and we cant wait! We would love to participate in the FE!
-- ellasmommy
-- Cabin # ?
-- Family Last Name - Kirk
-- Ariana, Jared and Ella (2)
-- Favorite Disney characters: Ariana - Mickey, Jared - Hercules, Ella - Rapunzel/ Minnie
-- Any special cruise celebrations - Just our first Cruise and early birthday gifts for my husband and I
-- Any food allergies - No

Welcome Aboard. You are now officially part of our FE group. :banana:

Depending on the category you booked, your cabin number should be made available to you within 30 days of the cruise. Sometimes, they post it on the DCL website under your reservation. When you do learn of your cabin number, just post it on this thread and I'll update the list.

Since this is your first cruise, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. This will be my sixth with DCL and third on the Magic. You and your family are going to have a great time (First time out of Galveston).

Less than 3 months until our Magic cruise. :cool1:

So far we are looking at 12-14 adults and 5-6 kids (5-7 DISers). More will come as we get closer to sail date.

I'll be constructing our FE spreadsheet this weekend - please post or PM your information to me if you have not already done so.

Thanks.

-- nikolai
-- Bayard
-- adult male, adult pregnant female, boy 2 (I'll share names when there's more privacy)
-- no favorite characters (2 yo is actually afraid of them....we cruise Disney mostly for the family friendly atmosphere...lol)
-- adult male's birthday is may 10
-- 2 yo doesn't drink cow's milk, but he does consume all other forms of dairy

-- nikolai
-- Bayard
-- adult male, adult pregnant female, boy 2 (I'll share names when there's more privacy)
-- no favorite characters (2 yo is actually afraid of them....we cruise Disney mostly for the family friendly atmosphere...lol)
-- adult male's birthday is may 10
-- 2 yo doesn't drink cow's milk, but he does consume all other forms of dairy

You're on the list! :banana:

Yorkshireterror
Cabin 6107
The Henery's
Sarah (33,f) Laquita (56,f) Eliana(aka Ellie 7,f) Sienna (4,f)
Sarah-Maleficent, Laquita-Minnie, Ellie-Princesses and Pocahontas, Sienna-Princesses and Tinkerbell
Cruise is for Laquit's birthday on the 6th and an early present for Sienna who turns 5 in July
No special diets or allergies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter