48 hrs, 4 parks, 2 sisters - update 7/23 Day 3 The Long Awaited Conclusion!

Got to love the Disney Pancho collection we all get during our trips. I've headed out on days it doesn't look like rain with my panchos safely in the room....sigh... Wish they'd change the design every year so at least I get new souvenirs! :rotfl:

I like your pretzel comments. Looking forward to dinner at Boatwrights!

TK

Love all your WS pictures! I really need to spend more time there exploring. There's so much to see and we always just pass right by. :guilty:

Sorry to hear about the rain troubles. That stinks that you left your ponchos in the room. :sad2:

Got to love the Disney Pancho collection we all get during our trips. I've headed out on days it doesn't look like rain with my panchos safely in the room....sigh... Wish they'd change the design every year so at least I get new souvenirs! :rotfl:

I like your pretzel comments. Looking forward to dinner at Boatwrights!

TK

I agree. I'd be much less hesitant to fork over $8 each if they were at least a little unique! We kept talking about going back to China to get that panda umbrella - probally should have done that instead. Would have been a little more unique, and we got soaked anyway. Oh well.

Love all your WS pictures! I really need to spend more time there exploring. There's so much to see and we always just pass right by. :guilty:

We love just drinking and eating around the Showcase. When we go for a week, we try to schedule 2 Epcot days, one for FW and one for WS. I love it there!

Sorry to hear about the rain troubles. That stinks that you left your ponchos in the room. :sad2:

We felt kind of stupid being burned the second time leaving our ponchos, but oh well. At least we'll be back soon, so we weren't too bummed... just wet!

Want to know how cultured I am? I know that picture of the waves. Why? Because you can buy it in Pet Society on Facebook ...

We made it to the Beach Club, and we were again saved from drowning by the lifeguards. We made our way directly to bell services and were greeted by a friendly CM who gladly took us back into the storeroom to find our stuff and get some dry clothes. I think we were amusing him with our commentary and discussion of clammin’ pants.

He gave us a bag for our wet clothes, and directed us to a bathroom so we could change. Poor sad wet clothes.

102_0838.jpg

Unfortunately, Panic’s shoes were a casualty of the rain and she needed to buy something. I also needed to get a bag to carry the clothes that she didn’t take home, so we headed to the store. Panic got some clog-crocs which she wasn’t happy about. They only had an ugly brown color, but we walked over to the Yacht Club too, and they had flip flops, but no shoes. So she begrudgingly ended up with the clog crocs. At least they match her clammin’ pants.

102_0839.jpg

There was a special if you spent $40 you could get a 2 piece luggage set for $15. So, I bought a set of earrings for my MIL that she requested, and we got the suitcases.

102_0840.jpg

Then we sat in the lobby and re-organized all of our crap and struck up a conversation with the DVC CM. We had about 45 minutes until our ME, so we chatted with the CM for a while. It was a very strange hilarious conversation surrounding the Midwest and the “Big Butter” “Touchdown” Jesus that burned down in Ohio.

It was soon time to go out to the ME, so we finished situating our things and headed outside. And then déjà vue came over me - and not in a good way…

I like your sister's crocs. They look like little boat shoes and look most excellent with her clam diggers :thumbsup2

I love the store in Japan. I could spend forever (and usually do!) in there just looking around.

That stinks that Panic's shoes didn't survive the rain... but you're right...she definitely has a nice, coordinated look going on :thumbsup2

I love the store in Japan. I could spend forever (and usually do!) in there just looking around.

That stinks that Panic's shoes didn't survive the rain... but you're right...she definitely has a nice, coordinated look going on :thumbsup2

I thought I could spend forever that store too... Turns out my limit is about an hour and a half :rotfl:

Yeah I felt bad for her. Not bad enough to not tease her for only bringing 1 pair of shoes, but bad none the less.

:laughing: Oh the suspense of a cliffhanger!

:cutie: Usually, I'm not a cliffhanger kind of writer... I wonder what came over me last night :rotfl:

As we were heading outstide to catch the ME, CM cam rushing after us…. “Were you girls supposed to be on that bus?” she asked pointing to the ME leaving the parking lot.

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME? Again? And we’ve been here the whole time!

I seriously hope Disney doesn't keep track of these things and mark me as a trouble-maker or send me to Disney Jail or something...

Having been through this before, I wasn’t too worried, I knew they’d do their best to take care of us, and we’d have plenty of time to get to the airport. Panic wasn’t quite as convinced. She was pissed.

We went to the concierge desk, and they were able to get us on the next ME in 25 minutes. No worries from my end. Panic was not nearly as confident and very mad at me (not sure why it was my fault, but it was) I think she didn’t realize that the ME gets you to MCO 3 hrs early, so we had plenty of time.

Here she is flipping me the ME packet – this is Disney after all – we have to keep it G rated –

102_0841.jpg

We waited outside, and the ME came fairly quickly, and got on. It was still quite rainy…

102_0842.jpg

102_0842.jpg

Once on the ME, Panic started to relax a bit. Even posing for a senior portrait

102_0842.jpg

102_0847.jpg

We went on the saddest ride of the trip. It’s even sadder in the rain.

SafeRedirect-4-1.jpg

Disney had checked us in, but we weren’t next to each other, so we jumped on the chance when they offered free upgrades to the exit row. So we got to sit next to each other, and have extra leg room. We got on the plane to Atlanta and had a really uneventful flight.

SafeRedirect-3-1.jpg

SafeRedirect-2-1.jpg

We got into the Atlanta airport and we both had short layovers. Of course Panic’s connection was just a few gates down… mine was 2 terminals over.

SafeRedirect-1-1.jpg

My boarding pass said I was in seat 12 A, but I was in zone 99. So I waited until the end, and there was someone in my seat. So they put me in seat 32 F – I went from font window to last row aisle. It was awful. The fight attendant was new, and kept changing her shoes, and one pair slid out of the overhead bin and onto my head, and she didn’t even apologize. I was really not a happy camper.

DH was there at the airport to pick me up, and drive me home. And so ended our fantastic and soggy 48 hrs in the World. I must say that all the stress of the end of the day, made leaving a little less sad. I was just so happy to be home!

Aww, it's over. :sad2: It would be even sadder leaving when it's raining. Speaking of rain did you guys survive yesterday/last night?!

I can't believe it's over. Nice trip with your sister. Thanks for sharing it with us :goodvibes I really enjoyed your trip report!

I enjoyed the report a lot. I think that you two might have been at Disney around the same time that we were, so it was a lot of fun getting to read other DISers esperiences. Plus, I really enjoyed your humor. Looking forward to reading another TR sometime.

That luggage is so cute! I think it's funny that they have those deals that allow you to get luggage or big bags or totes. It just provides a way to bring more souvenirs home! I got the duffel this past April with my purchases. I loved the duffel so much that I actually bought the required amount just to get it! Clever Disney people.

Love how Disney takes care of you though even when you miss the ME bus and cause lots of trouble each time you go ;)

Yay for being able to see DH! Boo to being done with the trip!

Aww, it's over. :sad2: It would be even sadder leaving when it's raining. Speaking of rain did you guys survive yesterday/last night?!

The rain in Milwaukee this Thursday was horrible. We survived, It took me over 3 hrs to get home from work, my dad got stuck overnight in Michigan because his plane was supposed to land when they were evacuating Mitchell. They reported and "odd" storm - um... it was a funnel cloud :scared1: But we all made it home safe with just a few trees down in the yard. Sorry to hear about your basement. Hope you guys fared well as well.

Yeah, at first the rain added to the depressing mood - but eventually, it was like "okay, let's just go, I'm over this!"

I can't believe it's over. Nice trip with your sister. Thanks for sharing it with us :goodvibes I really enjoyed your trip report!

Thanks for reading along. I actually can't believe I dragged 48 hours out as long as I did! I'll have another TR in about a month that one will be almost 70 hrs long!, and I have a PTR going now... you know... just in case you're not sick of me :cutie:

I enjoyed the report a lot. I think that you two might have been at Disney around the same time that we were, so it was a lot of fun getting to read other DISers esperiences. Plus, I really enjoyed your humor. Looking forward to reading another TR sometime.

That's cool - I didn't realize you were there too. I always like reading people's TRs that were there around the same time I was. It's amazing how different people's perspectives can be!

Thanks for reading along. I'll have another TR in about a month, and I promise I'm working on an update for my PTR!

That luggage is so cute! I think it's funny that they have those deals that allow you to get luggage or big bags or totes. It just provides a way to bring more souvenirs home! I got the duffel this past April with my purchases. I loved the duffel so much that I actually bought the required amount just to get it! Clever Disney people.

Love how Disney takes care of you though even when you miss the ME bus and cause lots of trouble each time you go ;)

Yay for being able to see DH! Boo to being done with the trip!

I know what you mean. I totally bought earrings just to get to the point that we qualified for the luggage. The bad part was, getting off the ME, about 6 people had the same luggage I did :rotfl: Everyone had the same problem. Fortunately, mine was obvious because the cotton candy container was sticking out in a weird shape!

I am quite a Disney trouble maker aren't I :rotfl: I told my parents we had to rent a car in December - so I couldn't possibly miss the ME! But Disney has been great so far - Just another piece of the magic!

Yes, coming home to DH did make the leaving part a lot easier. I love any trip to Disney, but it's so special to us now, it felt weird being there without him.

I have a PTR going here and I'll be back in about a month with another TR. Thanks for reading along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter