40th Bday - Universal & RPR - last minute plans are the best plans

Oh also good news on the tooth front, the tooth in question is being extracted next Friday. Never thought I'd be so happy to have a tooth out but its the far back bottom right and I wont miss it at all, been nothing but trouble!

Yes I remember your Crown experience, My local dentist I saw yesterday was furious that the US charge so much compared to the NHS.

Yes I m hoping Universal make the scare zones a bit scarier

Oh that reminds me....We have booked to see the new Halloween movie tomorrow night!

We`re going tomorrow night too!!!! Seats booked the other day........Tom is convinced I`ll be like a permanent rucksack on his back when the lights go out for next few months!!!! (He`s probably right) :D

We`re going tomorrow night too!!!! Seats booked the other day........Tom is convinced I`ll be like a permanent rucksack on his back when the lights go out for next few months!!!! (He`s probably right) :D

Haha I love being scared in the cinema, Rob not so much. Much popcorn will be spilt!!

We used to go to the cinema loads but since we got Jackson it's more rare as we hate leaving him if we don't have to but he will get a good walk before we leave tomm

Loving the report so far. I feel your pain when talking money exchange. Our dollar keeps tanking lower and lower ( I'm Canadian ) against the american greenback. So it is even harder to save for 4 or maybe 5 with the adult dd for us to visit the US. It's cheaper for us to go farther south than it is to go to the US. I'm hoping to be able to do a trip for the 4 us for next fall as a graduation gift for our oldest son. Time will tell. First we have to pay for the DD's destination wedding in Mexico.

Gotta love those fur babies. We have one ( he's a senior now at almost 13 ) and pouts big time even if the boys go out to the lake for the weekend and he has to stay home with Mom. But your sure is a cutie!!!!

I sure hope the hotel steps up their act a bit. I can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Haha I love being scared in the cinema, Rob not so much. Much popcorn will be spilt!!

We used to go to the cinema loads but since we got Jackson it's more rare as we hate leaving him if we don't have to but he will get a good walk before we leave tomm

I love being scared, but not so much in the cinema.......but, I can’t wait another minute to see this movie!!!

Just watched the original Halloween tonight, was on one of the Movie Channels.........I’m gonna be a wreck tomorrow night!!!

I just checked the booked seats at the cinema, no one near us so far.......glad about that.......hate those crisp crunching, sweetie wrapper rustling, drink slurping, coughing, sniffing, whispering folks that move around!!! And heaven help anyone who brings their phone out..........

Yes, I’m not a social person in the Cinema......which is why we don’t go a lot!! Will compare notes with you after we’ve both seen it.........:thumbsup2

I love being scared, but not so much in the cinema.......but, I can’t wait another minute to see this movie!!!

Just watched the original Halloween tonight, was on one of the Movie Channels.........I’m gonna be a wreck tomorrow night!!!

I just checked the booked seats at the cinema, no one near us so far.......glad about that.......hate those crisp crunching, sweetie wrapper rustling, drink slurping, coughing, sniffing, whispering folks that move around!!! And heaven help anyone who brings their phone out..........

Yes, I’m not a social person in the Cinema......which is why we don’t go a lot!! Will compare notes with you after we’ve both seen it.........:thumbsup2

What did you think? I loved it, Rob thought it was just ok.

We saw a 620pm session and was pretty quiet apart from that one couple who come in late and then decide to have a conversation as loud as they like GRRRRRRR

Oh you poor thing with the tooth! It is the worst pain. What a crappy start to your holiday! I hope things improved for you....

What did you think? I loved it, Rob thought it was just ok.

We saw a 620pm session and was pretty quiet apart from that one couple who come in late and then decide to have a conversation as loud as they like GRRRRRRR

Well, it didn't terrify me. And disappointed with them not being brother and sister anymore, which was the whole being and point of the first movie.....they promised they would explain in this one the real reason he was after her.....they didn't. And it wasn't just that he was a psychopath…..there should have been a reason!!! So I was annoyed at that....James Jude Courtney just wasn't Michael, he wasn't the boogey man.....there was something missing that the first film had and has never been recreated.....I did enjoy it, but if you take out the fact it was Michael Myers and Jamie lee was in it, I probably wouldn't have watched it.

Thought the little kid who was being babysat was excellent!!! He stole every scene he was in!!!

I had to go to the loo straight after though, so you can imagine what I was thinking as I sat down!!!! They were totally empty and someone did come in and I did have a little panic moment....lol......I was actually thinking these stalls don't have the huge gap under the doors that American ladies loos do....I will never squeeze my ample butt through that gap if he did appear right now :laughing: Tom was laughing as I came out with our friends, as he knew what I`d be thinking...…

So, after all that....no it wasn't the best for me...….but I felt so sorry for Michael at the end...….I know!!!!! But, I really did...…:hug:

Then heard Jason Blum already plans to do a sequel...….that was why you heard him breathing at the end over the credits...….and didn't see anything in the basement!!!!

You can`t kill the boogeyman apparently...…………::yes::

I was glad to see those two annoying journalists get done though!!!!

We were lucky with the other folks round about us......no one made a peep!!! Shame you had the yappy couple in with you......hope they weren't too disrupting.....

Sorry for the essay, but been waiting for this movie a long time!!!!! So, I did enjoy it, but it was missing the terror and suspense of the first......although opening a cupboard that won`t close properly now might give me pause...…..:wave2:

Oh you poor thing with the tooth! It is the worst pain. What a crappy start to your holiday! I hope things improved for you....

Thanks things did get a lot better

I have 2 days written up, just need to add pics and it will be live :)

Well, it didn't terrify me. And disappointed with them not being brother and sister anymore, which was the whole being and point of the first movie.....they promised they would explain in this one the real reason he was after her.....they didn't. And it wasn't just that he was a psychopath…..there should have been a reason!!! So I was annoyed at that....James Jude Courtney just wasn't Michael, he wasn't the boogey man.....there was something missing that the first film had and has never been recreated.....I did enjoy it, but if you take out the fact it was Michael Myers and Jamie lee was in it, I probably wouldn't have watched it.

Thought the little kid who was being babysat was excellent!!! He stole every scene he was in!!!

I had to go to the loo straight after though, so you can imagine what I was thinking as I sat down!!!! They were totally empty and someone did come in and I did have a little panic moment....lol......I was actually thinking these stalls don't have the huge gap under the doors that American ladies loos do....I will never squeeze my ample butt through that gap if he did appear right now :laughing: Tom was laughing as I came out with our friends, as he knew what I`d be thinking...…

So, after all that....no it wasn't the best for me...….but I felt so sorry for Michael at the end...….I know!!!!! But, I really did...…:hug:

Then heard Jason Blum already plans to do a sequel...….that was why you heard him breathing at the end over the credits...….and didn't see anything in the basement!!!!

You can`t kill the boogeyman apparently...…………::yes::

I was glad to see those two annoying journalists get done though!!!!

We were lucky with the other folks round about us......no one made a peep!!! Shame you had the yappy couple in with you......hope they weren't too disrupting.....

Sorry for the essay, but been waiting for this movie a long time!!!!! So, I did enjoy it, but it was missing the terror and suspense of the first......although opening a cupboard that won`t close properly now might give me pause...…..:wave2:

Wow you sure know your Halloween movies, You have just opened my eyes to everything I watched

I felt they made a lot of the characters more likable therefore I felt bad when they got bumped off, it was a good popcorn flick

After the movie, we got to the carpark to discover it was closed! We were walking around trying to find an entrance as the shops attached were now closed, it was creepy as nothing was lit up! Luckily the carpark attendant was still there so we walked up the ramp and he let us out. Got the parking free too!

Wow you sure know your Halloween movies, You have just opened my eyes to everything I watched

I felt they made a lot of the characters more likable therefore I felt bad when they got bumped off, it was a good popcorn flick

After the movie, we got to the carpark to discover it was closed! We were walking around trying to find an entrance as the shops attached were now closed, it was creepy as nothing was lit up! Luckily the carpark attendant was still there so we walked up the ramp and he let us out. Got the parking free too!

lol......I am the saddest person on the planet for useless trivia and facts on many things......and the Halloween franchise is one of them!!!

I did love they had a "nod" to all the other movies in one way or another...….whether it be a scene or a reference...….but I know what you mean about some of the characters......I liked the babysitter, but not her boyfriend!!!

Oh how unlucky was that with the car park!!! Free parking is even better!!!

Looking forward to your upcoming posts Matt...…...:wave2:

Saturday 22nd September

Yay I slept the whole night from when we walked in pretty much all the way through to 5:30am, I had bought some Tylenol PM which may have helped as it has something to help sleep

Rob made us both a coffee, don't worry we took turns the whole time- though I tried to play the sick card as often as I could the first few days :) and we had a couple of croissants. We got ready and sunscreened for England, literally I worry about getting burnt all the time, I never trust sunscreen!

We walked to Universal Studios, I felt much better and only had minor pain in my tooth, I'd bought some all day pain relief tablets from Walmart which worked well. It felt like the first day now.

20180922_071503.jpg

We wanted to try the Jimmy Fallon ride, we wandered past and the TM there was standing by herself, we were looking to see if it was open yet, it was only around 830, she just kept looking so I walked over and said is it open yet and she responded "NO" as if I'd asked her something bad. I said no worries and we walked away. I said to Rob, how I thought that was pretty rude and maybe she was having a bad day. I remembered her name was Megan. We would see Megan again later

We walked onto Diagon Alley, I am a late to the party Harry Potter fan, I have never read any of the books but before our 2015 trip we watched every movie so I could understand the magic of Harry Potter, I get it but wouldn't say I am a huge fan but wow they have got the HP areas so spot on, it must be magical for true fans. Rob has read all the books and saw all the movies in the cinema with his son.... they are true fans.

We then went to Gringotts, man that locker area must be the worst, only 2nd to Forbidden Journey... you just can't move in there and families all go in together. Rob or I go in alone while the other waits outside. Anyways we wandered down and express was fast this morning, there was no express last time. We had brought the Universal photo package so we took advantage of the photo opp, then joined the small queue. Something I learnt on this trip is the express line goes to the elevator on the right. When the elevator opens on the other side the other lift on the left gets to walk out 1st so in a way express isn't as good but its such a small thing as you miss the rest of the queue.

We loved the ride more than last time, though at the end it stopped in the last scene and we were delayed in reaching the end but we'd be back many times this trip.

We then wandered over to Fast and the Furious, I had a feeling we wouldn't be fans but are open to trying everything. They TM said it was so quite so we didn't need express so we wandered through. We haven't seen any of the movies and cars don't really do anything for us lol well they get us from A to B. I can imagine again fans love it as it is done well. I found both rooms with the live actors quite cringe but fair play they have to do it over and over and it,s a job!

Now as for the ride, Rob hated it but I kind of liked it, but it's very short and again quite cringe but hey ho it's Universal studio's it's about experiences and it's done as an experience. Not for us though

So we then wanted to try Jimmy Fallon, we walked over and Megan was there now with a colleague, but it was now at least 930 and I couldn't see anyone walking in. So as we got closer I smiled and tried to give her the thumbs up to say is it now open? I did it several times with Rob also joining in until we were almost past it and Rob ran back to ask her. She answered "Off course it is" Rudely! I couldn't believe it, she is and was the Only rude TM we came across the whole 2 weeks. The rest were all lovely, friendly and couldn't do enough to look after your experience. Anyways I think I tweeted about her as it was really rude

We walked through the downstairs area of Jimmy Fallon but our colour was already showing so we went upstairs and missed all of the pre show. We went through and we were in row 4. The pre show was meh and the ride was super Meh, I literally must have rolled my eyes a million times, it's so lame. `The Americans love it but off course they would it's for Americans, what a waste of a ride! Rob said it was Ok and I was like WHAT!!!!!!! we agreed to disagree

After the usual photos with Bruce.....

20180922_073130.jpg

We then got the train to Hogsmeade, again so well done what a great idea a train between the 2 parks bloody amazing!! (Beat that Disney!!) We arrived and were keen to see the new rollercoaster area and construction we have seen on many vlogs, cant wait to come back and experience it

By now it was after 10am, too early for beer? Nope Rob had a Stella while I opted for a Frozen Butterbeer, my 1st YUM was delicious and great in this weather, it was Roasting!

20180922_094940.jpg

We walked up to Forbidden Journey (Did the locker area shrink?) again just one of us goes in to leave the little bag we carry

Today was the 1st time trying Express pass here, it was great to miss all the queue area esp when you have seen it so many times, today it was a walk on. Love this ride, I am always wondering how they made it and how everything works, so clever!

We were really keen to finally try Skull Island as it was being built last time we were here, we went straight through to express and were on in no time and had a whole row to ourselves. We both really liked this, it all works really well and the Kong at the end is a big WOW. Spider-Man was next, this ride never gets dull, in fact it seems to get better maybe we are just big kids!

Next was Hulk. back in 2015 they announced a month before we left that the ride would close for renovation 2 days before we arrived. I was gutted as I love rollercoasters and I knew this was a good one and it really stands out in the parks, So first time for me and 1st time for rob in 5 years. LOVED IT, coming out of the tunnel into daylight is amazing and the sound effects work so well. I loved hearing the RAAAAAHHHHHHH back in the resort too.

We decided to spend the afternoon around the pool, with a few cocktails and some nachos for lunch. Oh I had checked that I could have a drink with my antibiotics and the dentist said not to go crazy. Did he know me?? :):):):):)

20180922_130702.jpg

They have removed the chairs from just in front of the Bar area which was our favourite place to lie last time as it faces towards the park and you can see the whole pool area and off course close to the Bar. Instead we found a spot just to the right of the ping pong table. The waiter came around and we got a witchdoctor each and then ordered the nachos a little later and sat back to enjoy the sunshine. It was so hot, I remember the water being so warm too20180922_131237.jpg

The nachos was definitely as big as we remember but man it was dry, hardly any sour cream or guacamole, even the cheese was a bit reduced. I was happy to be eating anything as my tooth was much less sensitive than yesterday but I still dared not use my right side for biting food. Rob got the waiter's attention and asked if they had a little more toppings, he said no worries and 5 min's later brought out another scoop of sour cream and guacamole. We had one more drink and then got the bill
Yes they charge extra for the dips, off course they do. Oh well we hoped next time we ordered it we wouldn't need any extra's. We paid up and went back to the room, for showers and some chill time before going to HHN

I think it was about 4pm we got to US as we wanted to try the stay and scream area at Finnegans. There was a small queue getting in which I hadn't seen before but it was Saturdany and HHN is very popular, it didn't take too long. As today was our 6th Wedding Anniversary we wandered over to guest services as we had seen others with badges for celebrations and we thought Why the hell not. So we had one each and took a pic to share with everyone back home and our families.

20180922_154158.jpg

We then walked to Rip Ride Rocket as we wanted to try it minus the toothache of the first night. We went via the express queue which leads to the regular queue. We were in the final part of the queue and were right in front of the 2nd of the 3 coasters they were loading up when we heard some commotion from the coaster behind.

In the last row there was an adult lad we thought that looked about 18 to 20 and next to him appeared to be his father. The lad was whacking his arms up and down on the lap bar that was already tightened around his waist, we thought maybe it was hurting him or too tight.

But then he started whacking his head with his hands and then banging his head on the back of the seat. We realised then that the lad must have been mildly autistic and didn't want to ride anymore but didn't want to get off, his father was now standing trying to get him to stop moving as the lap bar was trying to be released.
He wasn't having any of it and was now yelling and still bashing himself.

The TM's were standing by the side but none really did much than talk to the father which surprised us. We stopped looking at this point as we really felt for the father and his son in this situation.

The 2 cars in front were now emptied and the people moved back to the front of the line. It got to about 10 minutes and Rob and I were saying to each other "Where is his mother, maybe she could help calm him down and convince him to leave the ride?" "Why aren't the staff doing more?" But then Rob reminded me "They must be worried about touching the lad, due to being sue'd" Off course! We were like maybe someone in the crowd another mother or someone could come and help calm him or help remove him as he was going to hurt himself if he didn't calm down. 5 more minutes past and suddenly the lad stood up and stepped to the side and his dad walked him to the open elevator. And just like that the doors closed and they were gone.

Then what happened next still makes me angry. Everyone Clapped!!!!!

We looked at each other in horror and then to the people clapping and said "Why are people clapping, do they have no sympathy for that family??" It was disgusting, all they cared about was getting on the ride. I just don't get people sometimes, sure we had to wait but that poor father had to see his son suffer , it must have been awful. Actually it was awful. If it was the UK I can imagine a mother or father going to help and ask the father if there was anything we could do. Rob and I were kicking ourselves for not doing anything as well.

We got on the ride but that really took away any good feeling we had before.

We decided to try the Mummy again, It was pretty much walk on again but it got stuck right in front of the screen at the end again, this was becoming a "thing" this trip. In 2015 we were so spoilt, not one ride ever went wrong or broke down.

It didn't take too long, we headed out checked out the photo and walked over to finnegans, we lined up for a drink which they have a queue in place for HHN, we got a Long island ice tea, they were good here. Then walked around to the Stranger things holding area until it moved around. I think in express we waited maybe 30 mins, we knew it was popular so didn't mind the wait and off course it was a Saturday night. Now we loved the theming and the actors were good but it wasn't very scary. I guess it was more of a fan thing, which we are but I prefer scares to theming.

Next was Poltergeist, Rob is a huge fan but I had only seen the movie for the 1st time a few years ago but I was now a fan too. Again great theming but on this visit we weren't wowed by the scares but as you will see each trip into a maze can change all that!

We wandered through Vamp 85, love love love this one, the dancers were a great addition and the scares were better and more frequent. We agreed to try Blumhouse next, I didn't see how Happy Death day would work and it didn't, its just not a scary movie, it more a comedy. The purge I found really good, I'm a big fan , in fact can highly recommend the TV Series on Amazon Prime video, I have just binge watched 7 episodes in 3 days. I think I got every scare in the Purge area

Then we made the trek to Trick R Treat, we liked , not loved this movie but to be fair they got the house just right

20180922_202750.jpg

We were pretty hungry now and we thought we would try Mel's Diner but didn't like our chances. As we walked inside we realised it wasn't so bad. they had a queue system to order and pay nd then you collect in front of you at the counter. It moved pretty fast and soon enough we had our chicken tenders and fries which we had paid a ridiculous amount for. We walked around to the right to sit down and fonud a booth to sit. About 5 minutes later a group of NO KIDDING 20 teenagers (guys and girls) all walked around and were looking for a group of tables, they were all being silly and mucking around when one of then pushed another and one of the chairs actually broke and fell to the floor. Soon enough the staff were coming around and just took the broken chair away but didn't really deal with the teenagers. We ate up quick and got out of there, was like a McDonalds on a Saturday night at 2am when I was 18!

We wandered out of the park now and it was now about 9pm I think, Sorry I told you I was no good with remembering all the info, but I did write down we did over 24000 steps today!!

Sorry I wanted to ad more photo's but literally having to crop every photo as its saying they are too large

lol......I am the saddest person on the planet for useless trivia and facts on many things......and the Halloween franchise is one of them!!!

I did love they had a "nod" to all the other movies in one way or another...….whether it be a scene or a reference...….but I know what you mean about some of the characters......I liked the babysitter, but not her boyfriend!!!

Oh how unlucky was that with the car park!!! Free parking is even better!!!

Looking forward to your upcoming posts Matt...…...:wave2:

Not Sad, I think we all have trivia and facts about some things other people don't, its whatever gets your interest

Yes so may nods to other films

What a real mix of experiences in one day!!!

I did remember you telling us about the RRR experience.......yes, that was awful and the fact people clapped when the poor man and his son left was despicable.......you have to wonder at times what goes through folks minds.

First, glad the tooth had improved by then........I hear you on playing the sick card.....:rolleyes1 lol......but least you were out and about the parks and not in pain.....

Never any excuse for rude employees and she did sound like she didn’t want to be there, I’m glad she was the only negative in the parks TM.........we hated Fallon.....awful ride........but we’re with Rob with F&F........hated it too.......lol.......

Nachos looked awful! That did look dry! I didn’t know they charged extra for extra toppings! There should be enough on them to begin with! But, glad you managed to enjoy an adult libation!!!

Love the pictures of you and Rob.....darn auto correct wants to type Ron!!!

Oh I’m selfish......I like theming and scares........:laughing:

Loving it Matt.........:thumbsup2

“WE WERE ON A BREAK”

:rotfl:

David Schwimmer apparently was confirmed to have been absolutely in America at the time of the theft.......and not Blackpool..........:laughing:

Saw it on the news earlier..........:rotfl2:

Great TR!!

Happy Anniversary!! :cool1:I like the celebrate button! Have been seeing more people with them at UO! :thumbsup2

Hope you feel better soon after your tooth extraction!:) I hate dental work!!!

Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery from the tooth extraction!

One week from now hope it will only be a past memory

Sorry for the delay in my reports, a very busy week in the office and the infamous tooth extraction today was horrendous today!

Oh I was thinking of you today Matt!!!

Had hoped it would go well...….plenty of pain relief and I`m sure Rob will look after you well!! Sending many hugs as always...…..

Will still be watching for updates though :rolleyes1 :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts