$4000 for floral excessive?

DJ Disney Kid

Walt Disney World Vet
My bride to be doesn't think so, but it seems high to me. We're having about 60 people and we're having the wedding at the wedding pavilion and then Tamu Tamu at AK for reception. What do you guys think? Is $4000 the average price for floral or is that high?

What does it include?... brides bouquet? toss bouquet? bridal party bouquets? bouttonieres? parents flowers? center pieces? flowers for aisle?

Flowers are expensive.. If all these items are included.. I would say your are in the ballpark. The higher end ballpark but sounds about right to me.

disney floral is generally much more expensive than your average floral, so assume that whatever that is for might be closer to 2G outside the parks? i'm barely having any floral and the "floral" bill (includes your linens and place settings and favors and centerpieces...) is like $1600. for 40 people. so, it depends what its for? if that is budget busting, you might look into outside vendors?

I don't know, it depends what that covers. My floral covered linens, center pieces, altar decor, toss petals, bouquets, bouts, decor for pre-reception and dessert party, etc and was sorta on that ballpark. :confused3

My floral was $2000 and it included personal floral, centerpieces, chair covers and sashes, napkins, cake topper, placecards, guestbook and pen. We only had 39 people.

It depends on what you're getting but I don't think it's excessive, ours was about that and we had 66 guests but that included all ceremony decor, personal floral, 8 large centerpieces, linens, chairs, dessert party centerpieces, etc. Keep in mind that with 60 guests you have at least 6 tables, possibly more depending on how you seat them, we had 8 tables. If you are talking about large centerpieces, those can be very pricey. We did use some outside vendors which I think got us a lot more for the money, but since you are using a theme park location you have to use Disney.

Some ways to save, try to reuse decor, we used the same decor for the ceremony and reception, and the pre-reception and the dessert party instead of using different things for everything. If you're flexible with the flowers it could cut the cost a little as well since some flowers are more expensive. Or use centerpieces that have little to no floral, like lamps or palm leaves in a vase.

Disney floral is very expensive so what you think you might spend outside you have to double at Disney, so the $4000 might just be right. I it also depends the type of flowers she's getting, we had to go with an outside florist because I knew the flowers we wanted would easily put us at $4K for 30 guests.

My outside florist is charge us $2200.00

We have the following:
bride bouquet
MOH bouquet
bridesmaid bouquet
2 jr. bridesmaid pomander purse
1 vintage basket w/ petals for flower girl
3 boutonnieres
2 crystal candelabras w/ full flower
1 lace aisle runner
petals down each side of the aisle
petals for staged exit
5 cocktail arrangements
3 black candelabra's with for full arrangements
6 black candle holders with flowers (instead of candles) at the base of the black candelabra's
2 crystal candles holders (instead of candles) at the base of the black candelabra's

The flowers we are using are anemone's, garden roses, orchids, ranunculus, spray roses and peonies.

which outside vendor are you getting your flowers from? Our floral is over 6k so if there is anything we can do to lower it I'm all for it. Where did you get your aisle runner from? Was it personalized? Are you having Disney lay it down for you?

which outside vendor are you getting your flowers from? Our floral is over 6k so if there is anything we can do to lower it I'm all for it. Where did you get your aisle runner from? Was it personalized? Are you having Disney lay it down for you?

I think your speaking to me, lol:confused3...

We are using InBloom Florist, they have been great and the mock-up meeting was so informative and put all my worries to bed. My florist is providing our aisle lace aisle runner, it is not personalized and they will be placing it down for me. :thumbsup2

I think your speaking to me, lol:confused3...

We are using InBloom Florist, they have been great and the mock-up meeting was so informative and put all my worries to bed. My florist is providing our aisle lace aisle runner, it is not personalized and they will be placing it down for me. :thumbsup2

Thank you Puente. I just sent your florist an email. I'd like to get a qoute for the runner & everything else. I know we can get so much for our money if we go outside of Disney. The only problem is knowing who to trust.

One more question...who did you book as your videographer?

Thank you Puente. I just sent your florist an email. I'd like to get a qoute for the runner & everything else. I know we can get so much for our money if we go outside of Disney. The only problem is knowing who to trust.

One more question...who did you book as your videographer?

My contact person at InBloom Florist is John (the owner) and he has gone above and beyond for us, he was recommended by our chair rental company, A Chair Affair.

We are using Simply Cinematic for our videographer, we got a 6hour package due to there 8hr package and above was out of our price range. We were using another videographer (Visions Media) but when we saw their full length video it looked like a home movie...their trailers were pretty deceiving. We ended up losing our $500 deposit but Simply Cinematic was nice enough to cut us a break and give me thir 6hr package for the price of a 4hr package. Plus their video look like actual movies and that's what I was looking for.

Here are their sample videos on vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/simplycinematic/videos/sort:date

We are using Simply Cinematic for our videographer, we got a 6hour package due to there 8hr package and above was out of our price range. We were using another videographer (Visions Media) but when we saw their full length video it looked like a home movie...their trailers were pretty deceiving. We ended up losing our $500 deposit but Simply Cinematic was nice enough to cut us a break and give me thir 6hr package for the price of a 4hr package. Plus their video look like actual movies and that's what I was looking for.

Wow, we went with Visions Media and ours DID not look like a home movie. I know they don't do the same editing as SC, but to say it looks like a home movie seems kind of harsh. I have never made a home movie that looks like my wedding video from VM.

Wow, we went with Visions Media and ours DID not look like a home movie. I know they don't do the same editing as SC, but to say it looks like a home movie seems kind of harsh. I have never made a home movie that looks like my wedding video from VM.

Unfortunately, the full length video they sent us was horrible, the videos I do on my MAC come out way better then video they sent me. I showed it to my whole family (thinking maybe I was being picky) but they all agreed it was one of the worst videos ever made, lol. The special affects were extremely cheesy, he would not even move the camera or do different angles through out the video and at one point before the ceremony started he cut off the music and you here the groom having a conversation with the best man and the wind blowing. Visions excuse was that it was an "old video"...I guess Oct. 2009 is considered already old and why in the first place would you send that video if you consider it old. Needless to say, we cancelled and did not get any of our money back. Our experience was not great at all...

It depends what you're getting. We spent a little over 4k on floral and I didn't think it was too much for what we got. I think you get what you pay for!

I really don't think 4,000.00 is to much for floral. I got married Dec 31 at the wedding pavillion with a reception/dinner at the whitehall room and my total floral was 9311.74 ....it was worth every penny:woohoo:

So I just received a quote for floral from an outside vendor. She quoted me about $2200. This includes my bouquet, 2 bridesmaid bouquet, 6 boutenneirs, 3 crosages, colored linens, ceremony decorations, rose petals down the aisle, unity candle floral, sweet heart table floral, centerpieces, chair covers, cake table linens, toss petals. I thought it sounded like a good deal. I was just wondering if Disney would be comparable or probably more expensive? Unfortunately I don't have a price guide for Disney. Thanx for any help. :goodvibes

That sounds like a really good price, to be honest. That's a lot of bang for your buck, so long as you know your florist is reliable! That would be my only real worry there-- are they reliable and do I like their work?

Disney definitely won't be able to give you anywhere near as much for that kind of money. They're pricey but reliable, especially given where you are.

Don't forget that Disney may charge you to bring in outside floral. I know they're within their rights to, since it's their grounds, but it escapes me how much they would charge and when. Definitely ask your coordinator before you shell out in case you end up paying twice just to bring them in.

We are using an outside florist and we are paying the exact same price...Disney will definitely be more expensive but I do have to warn you that it's going to be a little more work for you. We are not being charged a fee or anything for bringing in a florist, they just tell you that Disney is not responsible for anything that may go wrong. My florist is highly recommended by many of my vendors and he has been on top of everything from the get go. :thumbsup2

I was just wondering if Disney would be comparable or probably more expensive? Unfortunately I don't have a price guide for Disney. Thanx for any help. :goodvibes

Yeah, unfortunately there really isn't a price guide for Disney. Each quote is individual and depends on a ton of different variables. Your outside vendor's quote sounds great to me, but if you would prefer to use Disney for convenience's sake, you can always ask what they can do for that price and see if they're able to be competitive. In fact, it would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison... :scratchin

Don't forget that Disney may charge you to bring in outside floral.

There is no charge for bringing in outside floral. :thumbsup2

thnx guys for the feedback. I've seen pics of her work and it looks lovely. It's emily from charming events. Has anyone had any experience with them. So far she's seemed very helpful and nice. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who might have used her. Thnx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!