400 days and a lifetime to go!!!!

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
Our countdown has FINALLY hit 400 days to go!! :cheer2::cheer2:

However, it feels like we have a lifetime to go!! Anyone else in the same boat?! How are you passing the time?!:surfweb:

I booked my first trip as an adult with my family back in November, didn't get too excited until 60 days out, 47 more to go and that feels like a lifetime.

Our countdown has FINALLY hit 400 days to go!! :cheer2::cheer2:

However, it feels like we have a lifetime to go!! Anyone else in the same boat?! How are you passing the time?!:surfweb:

We booked last March for a trip coming this May, so it has felt like a long time for us, but we booked our fastpasses two weeks ago and we're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from our trip. We didn't really get super excited until we did that. It was still so far away, and even booking ADRs a few months back only got us thinking WDW for a day or two. But now we are super addicted to watching WDW videos, vlogs, reading tips, etc. We just want to go!

I booked my first trip as an adult with my family back in November, didn't get too excited until 60 days out, 47 more to go and that feels like a lifetime.

You must be coming about the same time as us! We are like 43-44 days out. First day is May 3rd!

We are FINALLY under a year. 348 days to go! I cannot wait to at least be able to book our rooms. I have been making crazy spreadsheet for all our options, but I want to KNOW!!! Then will be waiting for deals... plane tickets... ADRS... FP... then the trip!!!!

I don't think I've ever booked 400 days out before....I think a year is the most, but that's because I don't book until I have a discount I'm happy with.

We are at 152 days as of today and it feels like forever!!!

Booked in February, going in November (2017); feels like a lifetime away. I am on here daily, planning, watching haul videos and creating a wish-list. I purchased so much when we were there in September, I did not think my list would have many items on it...it does...it really does:stitch2:.
I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way; thank you for posting!

I don't think I've ever booked 400 days out before....I think a year is the most, but that's because I don't book until I have a discount I'm happy with.

We are at 152 days as of today and it feels like forever!!!
We always book right away when we know we want to go. I end up switching hotels and discounts all the time before we finally pay for it. We use a DVP though. We would call ourselves Disney experts, but we still use a DVP. They've been awesome for getting us discounts as I don't want to be on the phone with Disney for hours the day a discount is released, but they'll do it for me. Plus, I'm happy for them to receive a portion of my trip cost as pay. It doesn't cost me any extra money, yet they get a little pay instead of it all going to Disney.

On this most recent trip we were originally booked for Art of Animation. Then I switched to Caribbean Beach Resort because I really wanted to be in a Moderate again. Then when the discounts came out for May I switched to Port Orleans Riverside cause it saved me the most money. Then once we knew for sure that's where we were going I paid for the trip. Pretty sure it didn't need to be fully paid until 45 days before arrival? Which was like 3 days ago.

Booked in February, going in November (2017); feels like a lifetime away. I am on here daily, planning, watching haul videos and creating a wish-list. I purchased so much when we were there in September, I did not think my list would have many items on it...it does...it really does:stitch2:.
I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way; thank you for posting!
I know right? I follow the DIS mostly on Facebook and YouTube, but we are so close to our trip and I can't get enough of Disney stuff in the meantime so I'm on the boards like crazy right now trying to help me quench this Disney-thirst.

I know right? I follow the DIS mostly on Facebook and YouTube, but we are so close to our trip and I can't get enough of Disney stuff in the meantime so I'm on the boards like crazy right now trying to help me quench this Disney-thirst.

Ha!
I do not have social media(other than this). ..if I did. ..yikes!
I would NEVER log off!!!:earboy2:

We are 407 days out:) Seems like forever but lots of time to plan. I knew what resort we want and need 3 rooms so wanted to lock the reservation in at 499 days and hope for a future discount.

My DW, a very wise woman, has said that life is just what we do while waiting for our next Disney vacation. We usually go once or twice a year, so our wait time is not too long. That being said, YES, it does seem to take a lifetime to get here, even if it is really not that long.

We are only able to go every 2-3 years, and it's FINALLY happening again this June, and I was reflecting this morning on how sad I'll be next summer not going when I realized.... that just means I've ONLY got 730 days (if we can manage to go in 2019) to plan, and there's a LOT of Disney to plan! News to read, restaurant menus to look at, clothes to plan, pins to buy, the perfect backpack and shoes to look for, which snacks to bring, reading the guide books over and over, making lists, watching youtube videos...by golly, I am going to make EVERY SINGLE DAY something of planning towards Disney! Well. I guess maybe the kids would appreciate some thought put into Christmas and such, but still... when you think of it that way...doesn't seem as bad!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter