4 people, 3 weeks, 2 resorts and 1 Kingdom! ~ Day 17 BB, POLY, CHILLIES

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
4 people, 3 weeks, 2 resorts and 1 Kingdom! ~ Day 17 BB, POLY, CHILLIES
MONDAY 28th May 2001

BB, POLY, CHILLIES & KISS GOODNIGHT!

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

Up late today at about 09:05 - See, you knew it couldn't last - LOL

It's off to BB today and it's VERY HOT!

We arrived at about 09:55 and parked up and walked over to the entrance. WHAT!!!! It's heaving with people already and we have to queue for about 25 mins just to get to the turnstiles! :MAD:

There was one "funny" moment when some people had overloaded their $3.75 polystyrene cooler and it burst on the way in spilling ice, food and drink all over the place.

We managed to bag a couple of chairs near the Ski Patrol Training Camp area. I looked after the girls while DW went on Summit Plummet.

Note from Alison here:

Wow! This is an awesome ride! I felt sick while I was in the line! I was SO nervous! Finally I got to the top and lay down trembling and crossed my arms and ankles. Oh no, would I be the first person to be sick in the water at the top of the ride?? I felt so ill at this point! I was given the ok by the CM and wriggled forward, shaking violently. WHY am I doing this to myself? I reach the point of no return and…… off I go….. Well, the ride passes by in a bit of a blur really!I don't seem to be in contact with the slide much, just flying through the air! But, as I get lower down the slide I start hitting the slide surface big time! It is SO painful….it REALLY hurts. As I finally come to the end I stagger to my feet, straighten out my costume (Ahem!) and walk very slowly with shaky legs over to a strategically placed bench! I had to sit there for about 5 minutes while I got my strength back! It was funny watching everyone else come down - all with similar reactions I might add!

I was pleased that I did this ride - it was fast and furious, but I don't think I'd do it again in a hurry! I did come out with bruises a couple of days later and my rear end ached for about 5 days!!

Back to Shaun:

We did lots of other rides, but it got more and more crowded (as we expected on Memorial Day weekend!).

We stayed until about 1pm when the sky turned as black as Newgate's Knocker! And BB is "temporarily suspended" due to the impending storm. A few die-hards sit it out but we move away fast!

We went to the nearby Macdonald's as Alexandra was impressed with the "Mighty Kids meals" on sale. These are Super sized normal kids meals for kids that don't want or can't manage an adult meal. Once again, Macdonald's lives up to it's normal sloppy standards (home from home then?).

Ok, so we start thinking about upgrading to the Poly for the last few days of the holiday - can we afford it? - perhaps not, but no harm in looking!

We ask at the desk to see how much it would cost to upgrade from the CBR- "Rack rate" came out at a jaw-dropping $175 EXTRA per day for 5 days! Well, I don't think so then!

Where are all the DIS experts when you need them? How about a hotline to Tikiman?:CONFUSED:

We stay and wander for while (no swimming though as we know the rules), and I have a couple of drinks.

DDs are desperate for a hair braid, so I relent and let them have one each although it works out at $45 for the pair of them, and they don't even have long hair!!!! (I'm positive it wasn't THAT expensive in Greece last year!).

Anyway, time for a little indulgence and I hire one of the watermice for 30 mins.

Wah Hoo!!! - this is the life- riding the waves on the 7 seas lagoon! - I'm sure the one I was in was powered by Nitrous Oxide as it out-ran anything else, or perhaps it was just me!! - LOL

Laura wasn't too sure about it but Alexandra was screaming with delight as we rode and bumped over the waves and wakes at full throttle.

That was the best $20 I ever spent and I'd thoroughly recommend it. I wouldn't bother with the CBR lake after this.

I walked around the Poly with the DDs and soaked up the atmosphere while DW chilled out with her book, coffee and nestles Diary Crunch!

See, I'm grumpy all of the time! - LOL

We drove to LBV factory outlets for some Chinos for me and yet more T-shirts etc.

On the way back it started to rain again so we pulled into Chillies at LBV which was very good and very cheap.

Laura had Pizza - no surprise there then

Alexandra had Chicken & fries - ditto

DW had Chicken & Steak Fajitas with black beans

I had Margharita Chicken with rice and beans and a couple of beers!

Including soft drinks and cocktails the bill came to about $35 including tax! - WOW!!!!

Quick dash back to CBR and onto MK. DW thought it was Spectromagic but NO! - all was not lost as we enjoyed Fantasy in the Sky fireworks and the Kiss Goodnight. The fireworks were great and it was the first time we'd ever seen the kiss goodnight - well we were overwhelmed by it! Highly recommended!

This was a great end to the day and we talk and talk about upgrading to the Poly. There is NO way we can afford it - we had to borrow money from Alison's parents to stay at CBR never mind the POLY!

Tough choice for the head, heart and wallet to make!

Tomorrow: IOA, Whispering Canyon, Wintersummerland Golf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter