• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 parks 1 day challenge...transportation questions

If you are going to HS first, then I would go to Epcot either by Friendship boat or walking trail. The Skyliner you would have to go to CBR and then get on the longer Epcot Riviera line to end up at IG. Walk through IG to front of Park to get to buses then go to AK. Then from AK go to MK. Are you doing a certain thing in each park like riding a ride, or getting a snack or just tapping into park counts for you?

We’d like to do at least one ride at each park...we can grab a drink/snack at a cart to make that part count

Personally, I would do a one-day car rental and just drive when I was ready.

Personally, I would do a one-day car rental and just drive when I was ready.

this or just Uber! Disney transportation can be too unreliable imo. We did 4 parks in one day in June, and we had a car which made it much easier. Our order was AK—HS—MK—Epcot. No thought given to it really we just bounced around. Just keep in mind you’re doing 3 parks after 2, which is a lot, and on your last one you’ll be exhausted lol. It’s fun for sure though!!

Also keep in mind that the bus ride between AK and MK or a MK hotel is approximately 4 years.

We have 4 parked several times, I'm not sure I'd attempt it with the after 2 park hopping limitation.
Good luck!

I've done it since the 2pm hopping has started but not on purpose and not with any goal in mind. Just got finished with what I wanted to do in each park. I started at AK (I know you want to start at HS but AK closes the earliest). I went to MK from there, just on a whim, rode a ride or two and moved over to HS. Got something to eat there and rode a ride and walked over to Epcot because F&G was happening and I wanted something from the booths, ate rode a few rides and walked back to Dolphin where I was staying. All of it was just kind of well this park is too crowded or I'm really craving x at y.

For you plan, assuming you get a boarding group before 2, I'd leave HS and hop over to AK because it's going to close the earliest, then catch a bus to Epcot and stay in the front of the park, ride a quick ride like maybe Living with the Land and grab something from a booth if you are there during a festival, the monorail should be running between Epcot and MK then (I think it's supposed to be running now) and there you go. It is possible in normal times to watch the FWs at MK then hop to Epcot because it does stay open later than other parks (in the past). To start at HS I'd do my park reservation there, then keep an eye on park hours and adjust my plans from there, hopping to each park that closes earliest, etc.

Thank you! We’d really like to ride ROTR so we’re hoping (in a perfect world) to join a queue at the 7:00 try time then stay till we ride (hoping for an early time!) then start hopping...
Can you plan to do ROTR on another day? I feel like working that into your day could throw the biggest wrench into your plan to hit every park. If that weren't a factor I don't hink you'd have any problem accomplishing the mission.

I think deciding which is most important 4 parks or the ride because there is a chance you can’t do both. If you don’t get the 7:00 boarding you can try again at 1:00. Rumor is the park hop is getting into parks a few minutes early, maybe 10 minutes.
We did it a few years ago started at AK, bus to HS, boat to Boardwalk for quick stop in the room, walked to Epcot and finished with monorail to MK. It’s a lot easier without the 2:00 time issue

If this is your only chance to do ROTR, then maybe have a backup plan of not hopping to all 4 parks. I was lucky enough to get BG #7 so, we were done riding very early. So, you do have a chance of being done before needing to park hop. I have done all 4 parks in one day more than a few times, but only once was planned and that was just to pick up some items on a one day visit before my AP expired and I knew I would not be back to WDW for a number of years due to starting a new job and family obligations.

If I were actually planning ahead to do all 4 parks starting at DHS and ending at MK, this would be my plan:
  1. DHS to Epcot: Take the boat from DHS to BC/YC and then walk to Epcot IG Entrance. By the time the boat goes to BW and gets to Epcot, you should be inside Epcot.
  2. Epcot to AK: If I was closer to the main entrance, I would catch a bus or lyft/taxi. If I was near IG, I would walk to BC to catch a bus or lyft/taxi.
  3. AK to MK: Head to the bus stop for MK, but check out where the bus stops are for Contemporary or Grand Floridian. Take whichever shows up first. If CR or GF, then just walk after getting off the bus to MK.
Pre-Covid, I tended to use the park to park buses for hopping when monorail or boat were not an option. I did not park hop or even use WDW transportation on my most recent trip, so I am not sure how they are running currently.

Last questions!! I promise!!

I’ve decided to change my day up a bit and go in this order:
HS
AK
MK
EPCOT

****OR

HS
MK
AK
EPCOT

We decided to end at Epcot since it closed an hour later than MK but starting at Hollywood studios is a requirement. We are staying at Pop so skyliner back at the end of the night would be nice & starting at HS because we really want to try for an ROTR bg

can you tell me which order you suggest & best travel route (bus, skyliner, etc?) thanks!!

Basically if you go either of these orders, you would use bus to go between parks, except if you do MK to Epcot. That one you could do the monorail from MK to TTC to Epcot.

If you don't have a car, AND the MK-Epcot monorail is running -- I would certainly do them together to take advantage of the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter