4 Park Challenge

Mindertaz

Earning My Ears
So, I am dying to share our exciting accomplishment from our trip over the long holiday weekend. We were challenged about 6 weeks ago to attempt a four park challenge at WDW. All four parks in one day - and not just stepping foot in each park, but doing stuff. I originally thought it was crazy and decided it would be too much for my kids (and me!). But, I talked to my 8 yr old dd and my 10 year old ds and they were very excited to try. So, we did it. Monday 10/12/15. It was exhausting and awesome. It was challenging and my son, who is on the autism spectrum had a few moments that I thought would have us abandoning the challenge mid way. But, he hung in there and was absolutely determined. We get nothing but bragging rights, but we have been grinning since Monday, so mission accomplished. So, what did we actually do? We ate in all 4 parks (snacks at MK and AK and meals at Epcot and HS). We did three attractions, including at least one major in each park. We did not have extra magic hours (we stay offsite). It took 11 hours and 2 minutes - 12 total to get back to the car.
Just sharing our single parent solo trip accomplishment. It was so much fun.
12112098_10153725045305127_2435223493341750271_n.jpg

I've wanted to do this for years, but I've always been afraid that we'd drop from exhaustion or just give up. Now you've inspired me, so 4 parks in one day will definitely be in our future!

It was awesome and exhausting. My son and daughter have been talking about it all week, so I guess it was worth the exhaustion factor :-). My son wants to setup some sort of character meet ans greet challenge for the next trip lol. He likes to have a goal and this has inspired him.

So, I am dying to share our exciting accomplishment from our trip over the long holiday weekend. We were challenged about 6 weeks ago to attempt a four park challenge at WDW. All four parks in one day - and not just stepping foot in each park, but doing stuff. I originally thought it was crazy and decided it would be too much for my kids (and me!). But, I talked to my 8 yr old dd and my 10 year old ds and they were very excited to try. So, we did it. Monday 10/12/15. It was exhausting and awesome. It was challenging and my son, who is on the autism spectrum had a few moments that I thought would have us abandoning the challenge mid way. But, he hung in there and was absolutely determined. We get nothing but bragging rights, but we have been grinning since Monday, so mission accomplished. So, what did we actually do? We ate in all 4 parks (snacks at MK and AK and meals at Epcot and HS). We did three attractions, including at least one major in each park. We did not have extra magic hours (we stay offsite). It took 11 hours and 2 minutes - 12 total to get back to the car.
Just sharing our single parent solo trip accomplishment. It was so much fun.
12112098_10153725045305127_2435223493341750271_n.jpg

That is awesome! Love the pics in each park! Love the shirts! This is a memory you guys will cherish forever. Look at the pics with your kids often and relive the memories. Thank you so much for sharing.

I would love to know the specifics of your challenge! What rides did you ride at each park?

We are taking a Disney cruise next year. We may only have 1day to visit the park afterwards. This seems like a fun option to keep us from feeling sad about not having a true Disney vacation.

I would love to know the specifics of your challenge! What rides did you ride at each park?

We are taking a Disney cruise next year. We may only have 1day to visit the park afterwards. This seems like a fun option to keep us from feeling sad about not having a true Disney vacation.

Here was a rough approximation of our day (we used no extra magic hours, since we stayed off site). Allow time for transportation to each park, but we didn't feel all that rushed and we didn't try to do extra fast passes - we just picked standby rides based on the kids' favorites or standby times - hence muppets 3d - it was all we could fit in with Rock'n and Star Tours and still get to AK with enough time to do what we wanted lol.

9:00: arrived at Magic Kingdom

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain railroad (we had a FP)

Sit down snack at Gaston ‘ s tavern

Buzz Lightyear (we had a FP)

11:50: Monorail to Epcot

1st hiccup – My son's favorite ride Test Track was down

Mickey bar break

Mission to Mars

Test Track (miraculously came back up exactly as we got off Mission to Mars. So we rode it twice in less than 15 minutes using single rider).

Fish and Chips in England for lunch

2:50 boarded ferry for Hollywood Studios

Single rider for Rockin’ Roller Coaster

Star Tours

Dinner break at the commissary

Muppets 3d

5:55 boarded a bus to Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest (standby – single rider wasn’t available)

Triceratop Spin

Snack break

Dinosaur

Finished at 8:02

Boarded bus back to our car at Magic Kingdom. Monorail to the ticket and transportation center and we were back at our car at 9:05 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts