4 gals and a boy, fun time and adventures, last day + extra pictures

ChevyNat

DIS Veteran
I just came back from a relaxing trip to the world.

Yes, I did say relaxing, :scared1: no commando style on this trip.

First let me introduce everybody that enjoyed this terrific adventure.

My Mom and DS Ryan,
img_0353.jpg

My Sister, Sandra and my DD Shannon
img_0355-1.jpg

And of course MOI, Nat
me-close-up-1.jpg

We all needed to get away, it's been a difficult year. My divorce is finally over with and I wanted to celebrate it and my son's birthday at Disney. First trip as a free woman :cheer2: .

The departure for this trip was quite an adventure in itself.
And here is how is started... I was suppose to leave my little town on Friday, May 2rd and drive 6 hours to Gatineau, Qc to my Sis & B.I.L's house. But I could not wait one more day and the kids and I decided to surprise my Sis on Thursday.
So while Ryan & Shannon were at school on Thursday morning (counting down the minutes before we leave, I'm sure) I packed the van, got all the electronics plugged in (DVD, PSP).
I went to get the kids at school around 11:30am and we went to have lunch at MacDonald's and off we went.

I was half way across town when my Mom asked me if I had brought the kids' spending money.
Oh! No! I don't have it in my purse, so it must still be on the table at home.
So I did a U-Turn and headed back home, until I realized that I had put it into my suitcase. Again a NICE U-turn was done and I headed to a gaz station to fill up. I also asked the boy to check my oil. A few minutes later we were on our way to surprise my sister.
After a few miles on the Highway, I noticed a loud tapping noise coming from the hood of the van. I thought that the boy did not close it right and it was vibrating.
So I had to stop and check it out. Turns out that the little pin holding the end of my plastic deflector on the hood was un-clipped. After securing it, I was back on the Highway and everything was finally right.
I put on some relaxing music for my Mom and I. Ryan and Shannon were enjoying their movies.
It was hard to get going, but after those few bumps, it was smooth sailing all the way to Gatineau...
Arriving in Gatineau
Leaving for Disney
Geeting to our rooms
May 4th, Downtown Disney
Pictures of DTD, part 2
May 4th,Rainforest Cafe, DTD
Evening at Magic Kingdom
Monday May 5th, Epcot
May 6th,(part 1) Magic Kingdom
May 6th, part 2, OKW pool, Diner at Planet Hollywood
May 7th, Animal Kingdom
May 7th part 2, House of Blues
May 8th, Hollywood studios
May 9th, Pirate and Princess party
May 10th, Ryan's Birthday at Sci-Fi
May 11th, Mother's Day

I love your halo!!! :rotfl: Congrats on surviving the divorce. Mine's been final for a year (yesterday!) and it's been an amazing year.

Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Thank you for reading... ha! ha! I will get to writing again, when I finish uploading my pics ha! and unpacking my suitcase!!! Been a busy week.

Ok, I've been playing around with my pictures, but I don't have my beautiful Photopass pictures, just ordered the cd today! So I will post those a little later on ha! ha!

Part 2 of my getting to my sister's house. Like I said before it was smooth sailing til Gatineau.
So I get to my Sis & B.I.L place and I notice that they are not there, so I decided to hide the van and get into the house and wait for them, we have a spare key, so I entered the house. To my surprise, she had put the alarm on , SHE NEVER PUTS IT ON!!!, but the surprise was on me ha! ha! Not thinking straight, so I did not put the code in... went back outside to call my sis.... They did not believe that I was there! Eh! yes! can't you hear the alarm in the background ha!
So they get there and surprise I'm here!!! My B.I.L calls the alarm company and said that it was a false alarm... Thank God the cops did not get there ha! ha!
I wanted to get there a day early because DS wanted to see Iron Man before we left for Disney!

Hi:) I'm so glad I found your TR, I'm very excited anticipating all your adventures!!!

I can't wait to hear about it and see all your great pics!

Eagerly awaiting more...popcorn::

Ha! ha! I can't wait to tell you all about it... but first thing first, I have to get there ha!

We had a nice evening. My sister's husband was also going on a trip and leaving the same day to take the plane at Syracuse NY, and almost at the same time.
He was going to Vietnam for some closure about his brother's death (he was killed in the war). So 40 years later, B.I.L decided to go, his son also decided to join him for support and so did his Father, so 3 generations going to Vietnam.
We all got up on May 3rd and got our things ready for our 3 hour drive to Syracuse NY. My B.I.L's son wanted to put his car in the garage (I guess for safe keeping).
Since the ladder was in the way and it was a tight fit, my B.I.L told his son that he would put it in for him.
As he drove the car in, we hear a loud "SCREECH". He had caught the end of the ladder and scratch the car...
I turned to his son and said "So much for safe keeping"
He replied, "Dude, you just scratched my car". My B.I.L said that he would take care of it when they came back, no problem.
I was laughing sooo hard, but his son kept his cool and put his luggage in B.I.L's car...
I loaded the van and off we went. We fallowed each other all the way.
Getting near the airport, I was worried because, I found that it was getting late... My sister said "We're find, as long as nothing happens to the van, we will park it and go, something can happen after the trip is over and started to laugh"
So we said our goodbyes, to B.I.L and his son and parted ways, we had a straight flight to Orlando on Jet Blue, they had to stop in California to pick up B.I.L's Dad.

Our flight on Jet blue was wonderful. The seats are comfortable with a lot of leg room. They serve a variaty of snacks and drinks. You have your own little t.v. with tons of channels to choose from. You can also rent a movie for 5$, we each rented one and made our flight really enjoyable. We arrived at Orlando around 7pm. We chose to go get our luggages because we did not know how long it would take Magical Express to get them to our room. We made our way to the bus, sat down and relaxed. WE WERE HERE.
For the first night, we stayed at All-Star Movies. We checked in, and were a little disapointed to see that we had a room at Mighty Ducks. We wanted to be a little closer to the building. But hey, we were at Disney. We were tired and wanted to bring our things to the room and enjoy the rest of the evening.
As we exited the main building to go to our room, we noticed the flow of people everywhere, running, yelling, just having fun.
We walked pass the Fantasia building, just behind the pool and then the Dalmatian building and made our way to the Mighty Ducks, where it was 100 times more quiet and the pool was empty. So turns out that was the best place to be. We brought our luggages to our rooms, they were joining rooms. Very nice and comfortable. We had a little something to eat at the food court and did a little shopping before we went to bed.

img_0379.jpg

img_0380-1.jpg

img_0385-1.jpg

How exciting!!! You arrived!!! You know, I remember back when you had 4 1/2 months of waiting to do...and now I'm reading your TR and you're finally there:banana:

I can't wait to read more!!

I can't believe you are going back so soon... lucky you!
I always say that it's going to be a while before I go back there again... but when I get home and start looking at my pictures, I feel so sad, and want to go back sooo bad, Disney pulls at my heart.
Hopefully, I will go back soon...

We loved Mighty Ducks!! I had been second-guessing my decision not to pay extra for preferred, but if I had to do it again I'd choose Mighty Ducks all the way. (I have a million pictures of DS next to the TV set though, since we walked through Dalmatians so often)

We loved Mighty Ducks!! I had been second-guessing my decision not to pay extra for preferred, but if I had to do it again I'd choose Mighty Ducks all the way. (I have a million pictures of DS next to the TV set though, since we walked through Dalmatians so often)

I have a lot of the same pictures too ha! ha! But I really liked it there too.

May 4th
On my DD birthday (in Jan) I bought her a digital camera and told her that she can take all the pictures that she wanted in Disney, since she loves to take pics. I am very impressed with what she took.
Ok, back to the trip report. We got up and called front desk to get our luggages moved to OKW. We took our time on May 4th and decided to get breakfast around 9:30am, the food court was packed, so we decided to take a few pics around the resort and go DTD and try to get something there. And that's when we first saw a glimpse of the lovebugs flying around the pool area. My sis is petrified of bugs and was swatting them here and there. I really did not find that there was a lot of them. Maybe they were at their end.
After our pictures, we got on the bus to DTD. Wow was it hot that day and we were waiting for the bus right in the heat. So much for my hairdo, by that time my hair was already plastered on my forehead, NICE. ha! ha!
We got on the bus and it was packed, so standing room only. It was ironic that in the bus they were playing surf songs, because that's what I felt I was doing, surfing, shifting my weight from one leg to the other and singing along, making my sis laugh.
We got to DTD and took more pics and decided to see if they had place at Rainforest Cafe, it was 10:45am and the restaurant was openning at 11:00 am, so we waited to get seated.
img_0397.jpg

img_0396.jpg

img_0393.jpg

img_0415.jpg

img_0413.jpg

img_0412.jpg

Here are some pictures of DTD that my DD took!
Just entering DTD from bus stop
img_0410.jpg

Me in front of Christmas store
img_0416.jpg

While waiting for Rainforest Cafe to open!
img_0417.jpg

img_0419.jpg

img_0420-1.jpg

Great pics! Sounds like the beginning of a great trip - I wonder if I could fly Jet Blue for our trip in December. They are more fun to fly with!

Great pics! Sounds like the beginning of a great trip - I wonder if I could fly Jet Blue for our trip in December. They are more fun to fly with!

From now on, I will always try to get Jet Blue... I really enjoyed it and the price was great too.

Part 2 of May 4th

My Mom and Sis needed their coffee fix and fast :rotfl2: , it was already 11 am and I could see the caffeine withdrawal in their eyes ha! ha!
As for me, GIVE ME FOOD :eek: Part of the fun in Disney is to try the fabulous food.

The kids love Rainforest Cafe, it's fun, loud and full of fishies.

rainforestcafe-1.jpg

AWWWW yes! Coffee!
rainforestryansandra.jpg

Both Ryan and Shannon had the Popcorn shrimps
img_0461-1.jpg

My Mom had the Rainforest Pita Quasadillas, this is an entre, big!!!
img_0462.jpg

And my Sis and I, each had the China Island chicken salad, now, let me tell you, this salad is HUGE, I could not finish it, neither did my sister, so it's sharable... and very delicious.

img_0464.jpg

After our fabulous meal, we shopped at DTD till around 3pm, we had fun before heading back to OKW to register.

This is my Goofball son at the Pin store, being of course a Goofball.
img_0478-1.jpg

And we are home!!! OKW, where my heart is!! I LOVE this place.
okw.jpg

I can't believe you are going back so soon... lucky you!
I always say that it's going to be a while before I go back there again... but when I get home and start looking at my pictures, I feel so sad, and want to go back sooo bad, Disney pulls at my heart.
Hopefully, I will go back soon...

I can't believe it either ~ twice in one year!!! We're so excited:cool1:
Hopefully you will go back soon too ;)
After Sept., we won't be going back until Jan. 2010 !

Part 2 of May 4th

My Mom and Sis needed their coffee fix and fast :rotfl2: , it was already 11 am and I could see the caffeine withdrawal in their eyes ha! ha!
As for me, GIVE ME FOOD :eek: Part of the fun in Disney is to try the fabulous food.

The kids love Rainforest Cafe, it's fun, loud and full of fishies.

rainforestcafe-1.jpg

Love that pic :) We're going to try Rainforest Cafe in Sept. , do you recommend it?

In the picture above, I just thought how your DD would make a great snow white when she grows up , she looks like her :laughing:

Looking forward to more. Can't wait to see pics of OKW!

Loving your trip report!!!
Your children are so cute and your daughter is quite a good photographer!!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!