4 day tickets or 3 day ticket plus MNSSHP tickets? WWYD?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by imjen, Aug 9, 2018.

1. imjen

imjen DIS Veteran

We are taking a 4 day trip 10-18 - 10-21. It will just be my hubby and I. He has never been to WDW, I went once, 20 years ago. We are DL vets. Our arrival day we won't be getting to a park until about noon so we were thinking about doing HS but now I'm wondering if we should do MNSSHP instead. We are trying to save money and won't be doing park hoppers so it's either 4 day, single park tickets or 3 day tickets with MNSSHP on the first day.

I need help deciding which day to go to MK and whether to make it a party day. There is only one non-MNSSHP date when we are there. It's a Saturday. I've been reading that non party days are extra crowded (touring plans predicts a 7). We'd like to see the fireworks and that's the only day they show if we don't go to the party. Our other option is not to see the fireworks and go on a party day when they close at 6 pm. Touring plans has Friday being a 3 for crowds which sounds amazing. How great are the fireworks? Do other night shows at other parks compare if we were to see those on the nights we are at those parks instead?

If we do MNSSHP, what time can we get into the parks? Are there some not to miss rides that are not available? Can we use FP+? How long are lines typically for HM, PP, and mine train?

What choice would you make? Thanks!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

That's a tough one. IMHO, Happily Ever After is the best nighttime show in WDW, but Happy Hallowishes is really good, too. I think if you decide not to go to the party, you should go on Saturday so you can see Happily Ever After. A "7" crowd isn't bad, IMHO, especially if you are only navigating with two adults. I would definitely want to see either Happily Ever After or Happy Hallowishes. I would decide which one you want to see and make your plans from there.

If you go to MNSSHP, you can enter MK at 4 pm. Many have reported being able to make FP+ with their MNSSHP ticket between the hours of 4 - 6 pm (there are no FP+ during the party) I would check the dedicated MNSSHP thread on these boards for more info. If you do make FP+ for the 4 - 6 pm times, I would definitely try for 7DMT (as that line remains long throughout the party), BTMRR and Jungle Cruise (if interested, as those are closed during the party). Lines for everything else are fairly short, including HM. Try to go on Space and PoTC during the party as they are going to have special Halloween overlays this year.

It's such a tough choice. I think, though, if you haven't been in 20 years and your DH has never been, I'm kind of leaning toward suggesting you go on Saturday. On that regular park day, you are getting 12 hours of park time to see as much as you can instead of 8 hours to try to squeeze in as much as you can during the party.

TheNameless and imjen like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Ladyandthepuppies

Ladyandthepuppies Mouseketeer

I would do MNSSHP! The Boo to You parade is amazing and seeing all the characters in costume is really special. We went in early Sept last year and for the first time in my life I was in the "Halloween spirit" after the party! I swear, it just put me in the mood to watch scary movies and go over the top decorating for Halloween for weeks afterwards. We're actually going to Disney again this year because I found MNSSHP to be so incredible that I absolutely HAVE to check out MVMCP!

I believe you can get in at 4 and from 4-6 you can get Fast Passes.

Chrislovesdisney and imjen like this.
  5. OhhBother

OhhBother DIS Veteran

Saturday at the MK during party season is a zoo. I'd avoid it at all costs. And MNSSHP is fabulous. To me, there's no contest. Go to MNSHHP. To see Happily Ever After, either watch from the beach at Poly or grab a dinner reservation at Narcoosee's or California Grill and watch from there!

imjen likes this.
  6. MomOTwins

MomOTwins The Mommy Fairy

This is such a no brainer. You would not be able to enjoy the Happily Ever After show, or any part of your MK, if you go on a non-party Saturday. The crowds will ruin your day.

Go to the party! 7DMT and PP wait will probably be around 25-45 minutes depending on what time you go during the party, but you can get FP for that between 4-6pm before the party starts (but after party guests are allowed in at 4pm) if those rides are a priority. HM will be a walk-on during the party.

TheNameless and imjen like this.
  7. Eve & Wall-e

Eve & Wall-e Mouseketeer

My vote is to go to MNSSHP. The Boo-to-You Parade is awesome! (go to the second one in the evening, less crowded). The trick-or-treat trails are fun (even for adults!). And the lines for most of the rides are short. DH and I have been to MK once on a level 7 day. Way too crowded.

imjen likes this.
  8. StacyStrong

StacyStrong Mouseketeer

I would do MNSSHP. That way you aren't rushing to a park. Also, 4pm-midnight is a lot of park time.

HS closes at 8pm that day so you'd actually be getting the same amount of Park hours. You could even make a short trip to DS or have a nice early dinner before the party.

imjen likes this.
  9. imjen

imjen DIS Veteran

I really appreciate all of your help! Thanks. I'm leaning toward going to Disney Springs for lunch and then heading over to MK for the MNSSHP. We will be staying at the All Star Sports Resort. How long does it take to get from there to Disney Springs? Is there a bus just for that? And how long from there to MK? Is it easy to use the transportation?

Where would you recommend we eat lunch and any interesting places to see in Disney Springs? How long does it take to wander around? My hubby is still recovering from back surgery a few months ago and cannot walk a lot.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  10. Stefien Quix

Stefien Quix Mouseketeer

I'm doing a 3-day park ticket and MNSSHP! :)

imjen likes this.
  11. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

There is a bus from All Stars to DS. There are no direct buses from DS to MK, but you could bus to CR and walk over or bus to Poly or GF and take the monorail. Will your DH be using a scooter? DS is quite large, so there is a bit of walking there. If you are going to the party that evening, you may want to save your walking for MK.

imjen likes this.
  12. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Another vote for MNSSHP. It is really well done. The parade, stage show and fireworks are awesome.
    Show up as early as you can for the party.
    Its too bad that you will miss HEA as its really good, but trying to see it on a crowded Saturday would take alot of the fun out of it.

imjen likes this.
  13. abnihon

abnihon DIS Veteran

Another vote for MNSSHP! We only have 2 park days before our cruise - I’m using one for TSL and one for MNSSHP!

imjen likes this.
  14. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

3 days plus mnsshp. It’s a great event and you can get a ton of rides in.

imjen likes this.