4 day Land 4 day Sea 8 days of bliss! Lots of Pics, Humor & Tips

i'm a dcl newbie. where did you get the adorable mickey ears for your door?? too cute! i love your tattoo. i want to get my dd's name on my outside ankle with a hidden mickey somewhere. didn't you love POR? i've booked our 1st cruise today so i'm picking up some tips!
keep um coming!!
mousiemom

I made the ears for our door. I used Basic Scrabook paper, to shape it. Thanks for the support from everyone. Glad it helps.

FANTASTIC REPORT!!! Please keep it commin.
Anyone else absolutely enjoying this one? I give you a thumbs up for the detail! Fun to read. :goodvibes Cute family by the way.

We were already checked into DCL via the desk especially for DCL guests at the resorts that cater to the package of Land and Sea, and we knew check in at the port would be easy...

...Security check in was simple and quick. Once we were though the security we headed up the escalators, and you are welcomed by the grand sea blue lobby of the DCL.
Great report :)
but wait, wait, wait... so, you can check in at the hotel lobby and get your KTTW there and then you don't have to stand inline and have your passports checked or anything at the port? You just go through security and stand in line to get on board?
Then that would mean I won't have to check in online, won't have to go through all of that at the terminal? :confused3
I feel stupid, can you please verify that for me. Thank you.

Great report :)
but wait, wait, wait... so, you can check in at the hotel lobby and get your KTTW there and then you don't have to stand inline and have your passports checked or anything at the port? You just go through security and stand in line to get on board?
Then that would mean I won't have to check in online, won't have to go through all of that at the terminal? :confused3
I feel stupid, can you please verify that for me. Thank you.

Yep. You check in at the hotel you will be staying at. The designated DCL hotels have a special desk just for land and sea'ers. They called us to remind us to "check in". And once at the port you just need to go through the security and straight onto the ship. Very easy.

Following along. We also have a DD6 and a DS3 so it's fun to read about your trip with kids the same age as ours!

Hello everyone!!!

Sorry its been a few since my last update. I broke my finger and I have been on meds! Great meds! LOL.

Okay so typing will be slow but it'll get the job done.
Castaway Cay was an adventure!
Brandon, woke up extra early to go watch the sunrise. I can only imagine the breathtaking moments he had on deck 10 all to himself. I saw the photos and video. Wow. I wish I could have gone, but with the give and take of an inside cabin catagory 11, there wasnt much we could have done. I mean, I wasnt about to leave my sleeping children in the cabin alone. So I decided to clean, and tidy up our room a bit to let the kids sleep in for a few. We had been running them full steam since we had gotten on the ship.
Brandon, headed down to the gangway at 8:30 sharp to ENSURE our favorite spot on the island.
Hint: Go all the way to the end of the family beach to the rocks. Pristine water and NOBODY there! Its not crowded. We really enjoy having a hammock as well as the serenity that I know it was ment to have. Besides, the bar has music playing and you can hear it from there. We enjoyed the Bob Marley atmosphere.
34.jpg

Well after Brandon had left, I got the kids up for breakfast. We met my parents in the hallway and went to the buffet. Kaden, yes you guessed it. Marshmallows and Coco Puffs! Cec wasnt hungry. (I was starting to get worried. She really did not eat much this entire trip. So the second she would ask for Ice cream, etc. I would let her eat it. I wanted calories in the already small framed and underweight girl)
We headed down the gangway and proceeded to the Tram. Its a long walk if you decide to hoof it!
I found the WAGONS and loaded up the children. They are there for the taking so, first come first serve.
OH LOOK MICKEY! We stopped and had a photo with the Mouse Himself, before going to our favorite spot.
22.jpg

The kids once there, started digging imediatley. Be sure to bring or buy buckets the kids will want to dig!
We had talked all year about burrying Dad!
21.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

It was really hot and Bright on the Beach, and last time we did not put sunblock on.!! FRIED! We decided to opt out on the red lobster look this time around so we "swam" in sunblock! Everytime the kids got out of the water, kids lets spray!!! I am sure they were sick of it, Kaden at one point started to run from me to avoid the glopping hand full I smeared upon his little body. But I know its worth it. Whats worse than a sunburned kids not able to play in the clubs?
At about 12pm we checked the kids into the Club on the island and us Adults went snorkling. It is a not to be missed fun time. By the way, I am DEATHLY afraid of seawater. Dunno why. Just always have been. So snorkeling is a big deal to me. We ventured out into the far end of the lagoon, when Brandon, says look under the water over there! I look and to my shock is a Baracudda staring me down!! AHHHHH! Just at that moment my sister Tammy screams!
I was by now freaking out. She had gotten stung by what is known as Fire Coral. Very painful.
We waved down the nearby lifeguard, and she was rushed to the shore. Me on the other hand broke down into tears. I wanted out of the water and fast.
I had to swim back a long way, tired and exhausted I was done. I met her at the first aid staition, grabbed the kids and back to the boat we went.
The kids were so exhausted we went to our room and took a LONG nap before the show that evening, Golden Mickeys.
After nap time, we dressed in our Pirate gear!!! Everyone loved by the way.
19.jpg

us2.jpg

My entire family had packed our costumes, seemed no one else really dressed up but us. Keys to being a Diser I guess. Actually, one woman mistook me as a Crew Member and asked me where to sit.
We wanted to meet for a family photo with all 15 of us and Jack Sparrow on deck 5, and we managed to squeeze us all into the photo, and we had our little family photo done too.
Dinner was at Animators Palate again. Completely different menu of course. Can we say delicious!!! By far the best selection IMO this night.
After dinner we went to the Pirate Party. I can say it was alright. I admit it to be not one of the best shows. Hero, was a poor choice of songs, I know Disney can do better. The Fireworks show was cool to watch! Short but sweet. Really this day was rather a shorter one. Not too much to write about. After Castaway Cay, the sun drains every bit of energy you can have out of you so we just went to bed.

Next, Fun filled day at sea!! Spa treatment review and our day of fun!

Okay so its our last day on the ship. Brandon, once again woke up really early, and went for a walk out on deck to watch the sunrise. I myself, slept in. I mean, after alll, I had a spa treatment at 9am. I was getting a facial (which by the way is my favorite spa anythings) at about 8 he came in and brought me breakfast in bed. He thought I wouldnt have much time before I had to be there. Such a sweetie!
The kids were still asleep. No surprise I am sure. Brandon would be watching them for a while as I went to the spa.
I headed down to the spa after i ate. Didnt want to be late. The fragrance as I opened the door to the spa service desk, was like a morning fresh start. The airoma filled the air, of chamomile.
I was taken to my spa room, by claire who would be assisting me today.
Very nice young lady. I had a micorderm abrassion done! This was my first of this kind. I loved the spa treatment. It was great, very relaxing. I guess when youre relaxed and not thinking clearly is when they get you with their products. She explained what she had used on my face and I said, "sure, Ill take them all!" My throught swelled as I signed the reciept of 253.00!!!! Yikes. Oh well, completely worth it.
Brandon and I had budgeted well over what we had spent so far. In fact, our whole trip we spent under $800!!!! So the spa splurdge wasnt so bad.

I met up with Brandon after I was done. The kids were checked into the club. CEC had been wanting to make flubber since we boarded the ship so we made sure she was their with plenty of time.
flubber.jpg

and Yep. Kaden had another accident! So we picked him up, changed him and notice the Mickey 200! Veggie car racing. hmm. sounds fun. We actually constructed our car of veggies and named it the Freedom Racer!
derby.jpg

car.jpg

See, the adults are loading the cars!!!
We made it all the way to the finals! Turbo Tink beat us by a hair. The Adults were actually more into this than the kids. After all, kids with sharp knives dont mix!!lol.
We wanted to have some alone grown up time with eachother so we went back to our room for a while, and ordered some room service.
After that, we went to attend the Castaway Club meeting. It was great to meet others who share the same passion and all of the ship officers. To hear their stories was worth it. We were given info on the new ships and they talked about some of the ideas on where to sail. HAWAII! They had great treats for us too. Mickey crispies dunked in chocolate. Yeah, we took some for the kiddos.

We watched the clock for the kids were graduating from D Sea U! (Disney Sea University) and meandered around the boat deck for a while to take up some time. Hint: If you have kids in the club, make sure to get here and watch this! We headed to the Walt Disney Theater, and the kids began to fill in the stage as the club staff helped the older once first. The kids had been given D Sea U t-shirts and Mickey Mouse ear Graduation caps for their special day! (One of the perks to make sure you get your kids there)
dcu.jpg

dcu2.jpg

One of the staff spoke for a few and they played this sweet video to "Im on my way" by phil Collins. I couldnt help but watch my children up on stage and see their faces. Kaden sat in the very front, as he ate his tastle. Cec was a little scared I could tell, as she sat on a castmembers lap. Not like her, but I kept thinking wow. This is the life. Some kids never get to experience this magic! Ever. I could feel the tears start streaming down my face, for I was really proud at that moment. I guess it was the song, (disney does something to me) and the kids. Just a mixture of a weeping teary moment to smile about. Im getting choked up just thinking about it! Then Mickey and Minnie came out to "graduate" them. This graduation was short, but one of the most memorable moments I could have ever experienced. A must with kids.

The last day we were scheduled for Parrot Cay. We went and watched Disney Dreams (Kaden fell asleep so I put him on the floor under my feet with yes the small travel pillow) I remembered it being more moving as show last time, but it is still great. The end again, tears of joy as tinkerbell, well I dont wanna spoil it for anybody. Youll just have to watch.
Dinner was fabulous!! I dunno what I ordered as an appetizer but I ended up ordering 3 plates of it. 3 Little round chicken balls fried in a crisp shell. Holy cow they were good. I didnt have room for the steak I ordered after that.
Well dinner was done and we scrambled back to our room to get ready for our luggage to be picked up by 11pm. We had some work to do but we made it in time. I was sad the day had ended so quickly. I had to go home.
I really was crying, and yes cuz I had to go. I knew next time ixnay the parks and go for the 7 day cruise. I am a DCL addict and wow was it showing.

Disembarkation was easy. We packed up our carry ons and headed down to the bus. DCL even prints out your boarding passed with your flight plans! How easy. Cec, SOBBED she didnt want to go. "say good bye to the ship Kaded" No! he said. He still is asking to this day to go on the Mickey boat. I know that I am creating monsters, but nothing is more wonderful than memories. We all are Disney fans and love that mouse. I really do hope this was fun for some, and yes we will be back Fish Extender and all!

If I PM you my email, will you send me the pictures of the girls and I will send you some as well. I have some great ones from the last night of them swimming and having icecream. I love the 'science lab' picture!!

If I PM you my email, will you send me the pictures of the girls and I will send you some as well. I have some great ones from the last night of them swimming and having icecream. I love the 'science lab' picture!!

Absolutely!!!! Thanks again for all your help. I know this trip would not have been the same without the Swans! I took some more of the girls at the club making flubber. ill send em to ya. Min.
p.s.Have you decided on when you are going back? We would love to go too!

Yep. You check in at the hotel you will be staying at. The designated DCL hotels have a special desk just for land and sea'ers. They called us to remind us to "check in". And once at the port you just need to go through the security and straight onto the ship. Very easy.

I love that. Yahooooooo :worship:
But wait again. Do you get your boarding number then or how does one obtain that thing?

thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me

I love that. Yahooooooo :worship:
But wait again. Do you get your boarding number then or how does one obtain that thing?

thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me

Yes, everything is given to you at the desk at the hotel. Your key to the world card you get when you first check into the hotel has your room key, to the hotel and ship, your tickets to the parks, your charge card, boarding pass and safe key all programed inside that thing. I dunno how, but it is great. So yes, your kttwc is your boarding pass. This is what you show them when you board the ship. Hope this helps. And yes, we had a lot of fun. Thanks ya'll for reading along!!! Ill be happy to answer any more questions as they come.

Loved your trip report... I'm with you. I enjoyed my two 4-day trips so much I'm now booked for a 7-Day:cool1: And it's a double dip so I'm very excited!!!

Mindy327 - When you do the land and sea you don't actually need a "boarding number". You normally get picked up at your resort around noonish and it's 1-1:30 by the time you get to the ship. By that time, you don't really need a boarding number as the early birds have all boarded (Disney is efficient on getting everyone on board). You can just usually walk right through the terminal over to the Mickey ears (unless you need to check your children in for the kids' clubs).

Loved your trip report... I'm with you. I enjoyed my two 4-day trips so much I'm now booked for a 7-Day:cool1: And it's a double dip so I'm very excited!!!

Mindy327 - When you do the land and sea you don't actually need a "boarding number". You normally get picked up at your resort around noonish and it's 1-1:30 by the time you get to the ship. By that time, you don't really need a boarding number as the early birds have all boarded (Disney is efficient on getting everyone on board). You can just usually walk right through the terminal over to the Mickey ears (unless you need to check your children in for the kids' clubs).

Thanks for the support. I just hAVE to do a 7 day next time. Boy would I really love to do a repo cruise. Relaxation to the max and surrounded by the disney uphoria!!! I love DCL. Thats one great thing Micheal Isner and the clan thought up! Whoda thunk I would be a DCL junkie. Wish there was one closer to home! crossing my fingers for Cali as a permantant home for a ship!!!

I opened up my trip report thread and now I am wiping away a tear! I wanna go back! I am really honestly depressed, I think I have the post DCL blues everyone talks about getting. Anyhow, thanks everyone, hope you enjoyed coming along for the trip!:goodvibes

Hi, I loved your report. We missed the graduation. I'm not sure why we weren't told about it...:confused3 oh well. I was wondering what you had in your fish extender. Were these gifts for someone, or just goodies for your family.

Hi, I loved your report. We missed the graduation. I'm not sure why we weren't told about it...:confused3 oh well. I was wondering what you had in your fish extender. Were these gifts for someone, or just goodies for your family.

The graduation was not ever announced to be a big thing! In fact, if I hadnt looked at the navigator that day, I would have never known there was a graduation. It was cute though, and glad we were able to go. The fish extender goodies were actually from our dis board friends we met, and we did a secret santa like gift exchange. The goodies inside were from them on one day. We had goodies each day we came back to our room. Our friends we met on the boards were great. I still talk to a good friend by email, her daughter and mine were cruise buddies so to speak.

LOVED your TR! :thumbsup2 Was it hard to add a extra "land" day? Do you just call and have it added? This is just what we want to do. Thanks for sharing, it was fun to read.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter