4 day Dream Dinner Rotation

Did people still dress up like pirates for dinner?

I did not notice as many pirates at dinner than prior cruises. But I did see pirates on deck. Not sure if this was because of the Maiden - or if I just was not looking around enough - I was concentrating on my menu :rotfl2:

We did take our pirate outfits....And I saw one thread where the airline restrictions may be one reason for less outfits.

Have fun if you are - or are not a Pirate.

I am on the DCL bus now..checked in at MCO. Our dining rotation is ERAA..so third and fourth night repeats. Different than the MV. I'm assuming pirate night is night 3.

So have both cruises come back with 3rd and 4th night repeating? What night is the pirate menu (3rd) ? Has the show schedule on the 2 cruises been the same as well?

We will be sailing over Halloween. Does anyone know if they still do the pirate party, or is there a special Halloween celebration? (Halloween will be night 2.)

Not sure if they will do it like they did on the Wonder a few years back but, they moved the Pirate night to the night after (or before) halloween so you could dress pirate one night and halloween the other! HTH

I have never cruised, but we are doing the Dream in May. Would someone explain this to me. I am assuming that you are assigned a specific rotation?
Not sure how this works or if it really matters. We are not doing an adult dining night, so I am thinking for my family it does not?
Thanks

Probably won't matter if you're not doing a special restaurant. I just wonder which of the 3 regular restaurants if the more intimate, quiet, romantic???:goodvibes

We are booked for 3rd night at Remy at 7:40.....hoping this is a repeat night and a show that I can skip.....hoping I can move reservation earlier so we don't miss fireworks though.....

I am on the DCL bus now..checked in at MCO. Our dining rotation is ERAA..so third and fourth night repeats. Different than the MV. I'm assuming pirate night is night 3.

So far as I can tell, the basic dining rotation is that 3rd and 4th nights repeat on the 4 night. I think the reason the MV dining rotation was different is that the MV didn't go to Castaway Cay on the middle day of the cruise, like the basic 4 night rotation. They went earlier, and that appears to have effected what night Pirate Night was and therefore what nights in the rotation repeated. So assuming that Pirate Night is linked to CC day, on the basic 4-night cruise, you'll have the Pirate menu on the 3rd night in whatever restaurant you're in and then repeat that restaurant on the 4th night to get the rotational menu.

Per my post above, 3rd and 4th night repeat. Third night is pirate night. Golden mickeys is night 1, villains tonight is night 2, they had a hypnotist on night 3, and believe on night 4. We ate at remy on night 3, which worked out well because we got to eat in every restaurant and see the show at animators palette. Our remy reservation was at 7:20. If you have it later on pirate night, you might miss the fireworks (it really is a 3 hour dining experience). We just got off this morning - stuck in traffic on the bus to the resorts!

I just today managed to get a reservation at Remy. I booked for the second night as I didn't want to miss either Pirate Night or the last night. What will my 8 and 11 y.o daughters do whilst we're at Remy ? Will they miss the show that night ? Thank you.

Would love to hear more about the dining rotations on the dream ... any others who can report?? And what night was your pirate night?

Thanks!

So, I emailed DCL with my concern over dining rotations/conflicts with PALO.. here's my e-mail...followed by their response...
Needless to say, I'm disappointed...but not the end of the world!! After all, it's vacation! Despite my claim of "devastation", we'll survive!! :rotfl2:

Greetings! My family and I are very excited to go on our Second DCL
cruise, and first on the Dream this March. Our reservation, XXXXXXX,
is fully paid and we are putting the finishing touches on our vacation
plans. When on-board activity bookings became available for our
Castaway Club level, we wanted to ensure we were able to get a PALO
reservation. We did PALO on the Wonder in May of 09 and loved it.
Ensuring we got our reservation, we booked it the day we were able. The
unknown at the time was the restaurant dining rotation for our 4 day
cruise, and we do NOT want to miss a dinner in any of the restaurants.
Seeing as there are three formal restaurants, and 4 nights, I assumed
the rotation may go: Restaurant 1, 2, 3, 1. Since we didn't want to
miss a venue, we decided to book PALO for night 1 or 4 and we picked
night 1, thinking whatever restaurant we missed on the first night, we
would get a chance to visit on the fourth night. After reading some
trip reports from recent sailors of the Dream, it seems like the
restaurant repeats nights 3 and 4. This would be devastating, as we
really don't want to miss one of the venues for dinner. Is there any
way to have a dining rotation that will allow us to retain our night one
PALO reservation and still visit all three restaurants for dinner the
remaining three nights? Thanks!

RESPONSE:
Dear Joseph,

Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

The dining rotation on the Disney Dream for the 4-Night cruise does
repeat the same restaurant on the 3rd and 4th night of the cruise.
Please be aware the dining rotation is subject to change the above
schedule is not a guarantee.

We are unable to provide your family with your dining schedule as it is
finalized the day of sailing. You will find your dining tickets with
your seating times, table assignment, and rotation schedule in your
stateroom on embarkation day.

I hope this information has been helpful. Should you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please contact your travel agent.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

I know I saw the Dream dining rotation for 4 night cruise on here but cannot find it! UUGH! Can someone please tell me what the rotation for the 4 night cruise is. I tought I saw that the 3rd and 4th nights are in the same restaurant, can someone confirm??? Thanks so much.:woohoo:

Ah! Disaster avoided! A PALO dinner slot opened up for Night 3. We took it!

Cancelled Night 1! Yeah, we should now get to enjoy all three! Funny thing is, we have the late dining, so we will actually join the kiddos in the Dining room anyway on the third night.. Wife and I will probably just eat desserts while they eat dinner!

Ah! Disaster avoided! A PALO dinner slot opened up for Night 3. We took it!

Cancelled Night 1! Yeah, we should now get to enjoy all three! Funny thing is, we have the late dining, so we will actually join the kiddos in the Dining room anyway on the third night.. Wife and I will probably just eat desserts while they eat dinner!

That is funny because the same just happened for me ... a Palo spot opened on night 3, so i took it, and cancelled night 1!!

Our res. is a little late (8:30) but it's just 2 of us. We will tell our server to speed it along and we won't linger over drinks. I don't care too much about the pirate party but do NOT want to miss those fireworks!!

Have fun if you are - or are not a Pirate.[/QUOTE]
I want to experience all three restaurants plus Palo. Would the strategy be to book Palo on night 3 or 4? TIA:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter