4-day cruise info, please

miclen

Mouseketeer
My family and I have been on two cruises with Disney. The first was the 7-day Western and then last summer we were fortuate enought to do the 14-day repo in August. We are leaving next Sunday (March 26th) for a 4-day on the Wonder. Anything we should now that is differnt on the 4 day? What are the menus? Do you feel like the 4 day gives you enough time to do everything there is to do?

You will find that time flies. We did the 3 nt wonder after doing the 7nt western. While the wonder is the same as the magic..we found it to be very different.

No formal dress up dinner night on the shorter cruises. And time really flies by -- before you know it the cruise director is giving the "talk" on the room tv about debarkation.

Haven't done a 7 day or longer, but I was surprised to see how casual everything was on the 4 day... casual and boy, it goes by quick!! Enjoy every minute!!! :cool1:

Our first cruise was the 4 day in September 2005. We DID have a formal night..the same night as the Golden Mickeys, I believe.

I didn't see all that many people dressed FORMAL though..more people opted for semi-formal or dressy cocktail, etc. I was pregnant, and couldn't justify spending a fortune on a formal maternity gown, so I got a dressy moroccan-style top over a black skirt, and my hubby wore a suit. We felt right at home.

I can't compare it to the longer cruises yet (After April 22 I can!!) but I know my DH and I had a great time, and I was teary-eyed when we had to get off the boat! It was over waaaaay too soon!

miclen said:
My family and I have been on two cruises with Disney. The first was the 7-day Western and then last summer we were fortuate enought to do the 14-day repo in August. We are leaving next Sunday (March 26th) for a 4-day on the Wonder. Anything we should now that is differnt on the 4 day? What are the menus? Do you feel like the 4 day gives you enough time to do everything there is to do?

We are on the same cruise. First-timers. Let us hope for good weather. We don't have a lot of wiggle room for a lot of rain on a four day.

I've only done the 4 night. The one thing I've learned from the boards is that the Magic has dinner available at the buffet (Topsiders I think it is?). BUT on the Wonder, the only dinner options are the 3 main dining and Palo (besides the "fast food" by the pool & room service). The BBB is not open for dinner.

Thank you all for the information!

I didn't know that Beach Blanket wouldn't be open for dinner. My kids were going to do that the night my husband and I go to Palo's...oh well.

I know it wil go by fast, but I also know it will be wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter