4/7/02 Disney Wonder - DVC 10th Anniversary Cruise

Originally posted by DCL-Fan
Where is everyone...oh, you must be packing for the big trip!

6 days, 21 hours left!

LOL:) Actually, I did begin packing yesterday! I wonder where all the other DVC cruisers are hiding ?Btw.....we did receive a call from DCL on Friday. Our daughter took the message and it frightened me a little at first because I couldn't figure out why they would be calling. Dh called them back and DCL said that they were offering transfers from OKW for this cruise. Since we are driving straight to the port from home we declined the offer. So.....maybe there is going to be DVC party bus from OKW:)

We, too (actually three) are on the 10th Anniversary DVC Cruise. This is our first cruise and we can't wait.

Thank you all for your tips and strategies. These long weeks of anticipation are finally coming to a close; we are so grateful for the DIS board moderators and contributors.

Looking forward to seeing you all on board!

Very busy packing here, too!! My wife did take a few minutes out to point out that she's already spent the $150 DVC on-board credit <LOL>!! I have been religiously reading the DIS boards for info, tips, and recommendations. The people who contribute info are incredible! These last few days are going to be hard with all this anticipation!!!!

Can't believe it's almost here! Personally, I'm experiencing a mix of excitement and nervousness -- I've never been on a cruise in my life, let alone a boat this big. (yikes!)
Been checking weather report for Bahamas -- looks like some rain at end of this week. Sure hope the weather improves.
See you all on board!

I am here...just busy getting last minute things taken care of and of course...... packing :). We were going to leave this Sat., but I am hoping to try to leave on Fri. instead (if DH agrees to it). I am SO ready to start our vacation. We are staying 3 nights at WDW after the cruise. Ready for a great week!!!!! This time next week we will all be cruisin'............. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Have clothes and stuff all over, trying to decide what to take. We leave Friday night, flying into Orlando. We rented a car and will drive to the port on Sunday morning from our condo in Winter Haven. We're in 7501, anyone close to us? Just hubby and me. First time cruisers.

Friday can't come soon enough! 3 more days of work! If we leave on time, hopefully we will be in Orlando by 8:00 or so Friday night!

We are also staying at WDW after the cruise for a couple of nights!

micfan2, we are on Deck 7 aft also!

5 days 14 hours until we board!

According to my trusty Disney Time calculation..we are now 4 days 14 hours away from boarding!

Keep on Packing!

DCL-Fan - I'm still packing but I think I'm packing too much:)

BTW....... we are on Deck 7 too! 7116

Hi there I am also on the deck in room 7100. I am panicking..I still haven't received my daughter's birth certificate. I procrastinated but jeez I sent the paper the first day of march......

Michele

Live from Sunny Atlanta....

We are now at 3 days 14 hours until boarding begins! Are you ready! I better get packing...we leave in a little more than 36 hours!

Don't forget your sunscreen!
:jester:

Weather forecasts look very favorable (weather.com & accuweather.com)!!!! Heavy winds forecast for Monday (30+mph).

Well...time sure flies when you are having fun. We came home last night after the 4/7 DVC 10th Anniversary Cruise and a couple of days at WDW. We had a great time and it was fun meeting a lot of the fellow DVCers. There were 1,000 DVCers including guests and the ship was full. About 2,700 total on board. The weather was great and they had a lot of fun activities and receptions for us while on board. They gave away landyards, hats, t-shirts, and had a bunch of raffles. They took a picture (in the shape of the number 10) of all the DVCers on the beach at CC on Wednesday morning with the ship in the background. We all received a copy of the picture in our stateroom that night.

Unfortunately, we weren't the lucky winners of the grand prize which was your 2003 dues. But we did get runner up on the adult scavenger hunt! The kids had a separate scavenger hunt too.

Food - Excellent (especially Palo!)
Service - Excellent!
Weather - Excellent!

We booked a 7-day cruise to the Western Caribbean while on board, 5/24/03 and it seemed like a really good deal. They only give the onboard credit from the Castaway Cay Club when you book on board now. It used to be if you booked within so many days, now you have to book on board.

After we got off the cruise, we stayed one night at the GF and one night WLV. Both were great! We also went to see the new BCV at the BW that they have setup! They are very nice. We have a reservation to stay there in October for a weekend.

Oh well...that is it for now. I know I am forgetting something!

Kevin

It was awesome wasn't it. I am looking forward to going again but on the 7 day and I am also going to wait til the little one turns 3. Everything was great and the staff was great......With all those people I never thought it was crowded and there was an abundance of Characters.............Pictures that they took came out excellent and of course I bought a ton. The kids programs and flounders were also excellent. All and All this was one of my favorite Disney trips. My son now is collecting pennies to save for his next cruise, too funny.............

This was our first cruise ever, and boy are we spoiled now!. I thought it was funny how people on other cruise ships docked near us in Nassau lined up on their deck to watch all the parties and fun on our ship.

I didn't win any DVC give-aways, either. But, the special DVC things we did receive and the events were very nice. Previous reviews of the four-day cruise are right on target. Palo's was fantastic! Overall, we thought it was a wonderful trip. And now we can't wait to go on another Disney cruise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter