3rd day for just Harry Potter?

juniperberry123

Earning My Ears
We are taking our kids to universal for the first time next year. We are going to get a room at a premier resort for one night to get the two days of express passes. Our kids are big Harry Potter fans. Would it be wise to go to the parks for an extra day without express passes for them to see and do all the non-ride Harry Potter stuff (wands, etc), as well as to the ride that’s not on the express pass list? I’m thinking that I hate to “waste” the express pass days not riding lots of rides, which our kids like, too. Do you think this plan makes sense? Any better ideas to suggest?

Use the ep as August will be busy

Ep is for rides and some shows

Doing Potter shows just show up early if you want to be closer to the stages

You can get a lot in for a three day park visit

Oh, We are definitely going to use the eps for the two days, but I’m only willing to pay for one night at the premier resort, so we’ll only have the eps for two days. I’m talking about doing a third day without them for Harry Potter to see and do the non-ride stuff there (and staying somewhere less expensive fir that time). We’re going over spring break, so I know the benefit of those eps!

I think you will find it hard to tour without EP once you’ve done them. they are truly game changers. I’d do two nights at premier with 4 day park pass and enjoy some afternoons by the pool. (Sorry no idea why this bold)

Otherwise sure why not. My son preferred the rides so we probably couldn’t have filled a day but I know everyone tours differently and they have hagrids and velocicoaster now which can take a lot of time. also keep in mind there will be lines to do the wand stuff when it’s crowded so it’s not quite as much fun once you’ve seen those in front do it.

if you do a non ep day save the show Like makeup show for that day.

I think your plan sounds good. Aside from exploring, Hagrids, and Velocicoaster that don't take Express Passes, you've also got things like the Bourne Stuntacular, Raptor meet, character meets, shows, etc. There is a lot to do that EP makes no difference for. Plus early AM and late evening, lines are quite short.

We are taking our kids to universal for the first time next year. We are going to get a room at a premier resort for one night to get the two days of express passes. Our kids are big Harry Potter fans. Would it be wise to go to the parks for an extra day without express passes for them to see and do all the non-ride Harry Potter stuff (wands, etc), as well as to the ride that’s not on the express pass list? I’m thinking that I hate to “waste” the express pass days not riding lots of rides, which our kids like, too. Do you think this plan makes sense? Any better ideas to suggest?

I think it's a good plan. But I would use the first day as the non express pass day.

Then you can hang out in London and explore and eat at all of Diagon Alley and do Gringtots and all the other rides at Universal.

Then on your express pass day you go to Diagon Alley and take the train to Hogsmeade and you have express pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter