~3 weeks to go....MIL - now wants to know if she can take a 'scooter' - plz help!!!

d'Isigny

WDW/DCL Dreaming
We've been planning a week at WDW and DCL Western cruise for 2+ years...My MIL now wants to know if she can rent and take aboard a 'scooter'. Three SPR rooms were booked the first day they were offered (much thanks to Carole and Dreams for all their assistance).

Need some assistance - from the 'experts';

- can we take aboard a rented 'scooter'?
- will the scooter fit in one of the Secret Porthole Rooms - or, do we need to rebook a 'special needs' room?

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx

Our "neighbors" on our Nov cruise both had scooters and left them in the hallway. It wasn't a problem. We were in a catagory 12, so they might fit in a larger room. I believe their's were rented, but I couldn't tell you from where, only that they had them at both the parks and on the ship.

Hope that helps some. :)

Are you on the 1/18 Magic in a secret porthole room????DH and I will be in 5020...are we neighbors????

Arlene:earsgirl:

While I don't know about leaving them in the hall, the Cat 10s are not significantly bigger than the Cat 12. The scooters will not fit well within the Cat 10s. There will be no room to turn them around. Plus they will block the way to the bathroom and closet if brought in. If she wants to bring her scooter, I would probably try for a handicapped accessible room. I believe they are larger enough to accomadate the scooters.

We were on the 12/8 Wonder and saw many people with scooters, including rented ones. We rented one from Walker for my husband while at WDW and had absolutely no problems with it. The man there was SOOOOO nice, I'm sure he would accommodate any way possible. My MIL was supposed to travel with us but was unable to at the last minute due to health reasons. I had reserved a scooter for her for the parks and was considering extending it to the cruise when she had to cancel her trip.

As to the room size.... our 1st cruise 2 years ago we were in a Cat 11 room, and while we were comfortable with the 2 of us and all our "stuff", I know it would have been way too hard to have a scooter in the room with us. This last trip we reserved a disability access room because of both my MIL and my husband (Room 7631 - Cat 11). There was plenty of room to fit 2 scooters without them being in the way, even though we ended up not having any! You would end up without a secret porthole room, but the room we had was about twice the size of the one we had last time.

Also remember that the scooters really should be plugged in and recharged at night (you don't want to run out of "gas" and have to push it). You may need to bring along an extension cord since we only had one outlet besides the TV.

Hope this helps some.

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!