3 weeks out, someone cant go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0035

Mouseketeer
We are 3 weeks from arriving at WDW. All FPs and dining res are done. My daughters friend is unable to go. We have a 10 day PH+ assinged to them in MDE. IF she can find a replacement on short notice is it better to just let the new friend use the Magic Band and FP that are already set up, without changing names? If i re-assign ticket(to the new friend) will I lose all the FPs assigned to the friend that cant go? When activating 10 PH+ will the person (age 17) have to show ID like with APs?

You can re-assign the ticket, and I don't think you'd lose the FP (but I'm not positive on that note), however, I'm fairly certain that it'll have to be in the new friend's name.

If you find someone else to go and you have a package, you can call to make the name change. They will likely charge you a $50 change fee. Your MDE will update and you will be able to choose a MagicBand for the new person that will be available at check-in. You will need to call the Internet Help Desk - 407 939 4357 - and they will change the name on your existing FastPasses without a problem. I wouldn't try to do it yourself in MDE.

thanks. I dont have a package, just hotel and tickets seperate. Im hoping we can just show up and have Jane(new friend) use John(old friend not going) Magic Band with linked 10 day ticket. Does anyone know of a reason this wouldnt work? I plan on calling If\When a new friend is confirmed as going.

thanks. I dont have a package, just hotel and tickets seperate. Im hoping we can just show up and have Jane(new friend) use John(old friend not going) Magic Band with linked 10 day ticket. Does anyone know of a reason this wouldnt work? I plan on calling If\When a new friend is confirmed as going.
This would work.

You need to call Disney if another friend of your daughter's is coming. They need the name and address of each one in your party. Ask for Guest Services, they will help you sort this out.

I would advise against not changing names and just letting someone else use a ticket.

Has the Magic Band intended for the friend who cannot go ever been used by anybody in the past, namely on another vacation?

Was everyone in your party intending to stay together and do they all have the same fastpasses for the same rides, times, and days?

Do a print screen of the entire plan showing all of the fastpass reservations (requires more than pressing the Prt Scn button say 10 times in quick succession if the plan takes 10 pages). Bring that so that in the event something goes wrong when changing over the name over the phone they will have the information needed to reconstruct missing Fastpass reservations later when you get there.

You really don't need to change anything. Just hand "John's" MB to "Jane" and you're all set. Once "Jane" uses the MB to enter your first park, her finger will be scanned and that ticket will then be forever linked to her. It doesn't matter what name is on it. "Jane" is a minor so will not need to show ID for anything. "Jane" can be "John" for the duration of the trip.

You need to call Disney if another friend of your daughter's is coming. They need the name and address of each one in your party. Ask for Guest Services, they will help you sort this out.

I would advise against not changing names and just letting someone else use a ticket.

This is not correct. They do not need the address of each person in the party. I book WDW trips and travel with extended family and friends often and have never needed to give any address but my own when making the reservation.

Sorry, but I travel every year (last 6 years). I live in one state and my daughter loves in Florida and they definitely asked me to supply both addresses.

Not only that, but when I called about somethin g, the person told me my daughter's name, address, age and date of birth. I questioned how she got that information and she said that my daughter must have shown her I D at one time and it was o n their files.

You really don't need to change anything. Just hand "John's" MB to "Jane" and you're all set. Once "Jane" uses the MB to enter your first park, her finger will be scanned and that ticket will then be forever linked to her. It doesn't matter what name is on it. "Jane" is a minor so will not need to show ID for anything. "Jane" can be "John" for the duration of the trip.

This is what I would exactly do too.
I book a few trips a year, always with my mom at a different address, have a BFF and her mom coming in September and staying with us at GFVs (both at separate addresses) and only use my address. I would just hand "John's" MB to "Jane".

Sorry, but I travel every year (last 6 years). I live in one state and my daughter loves in Florida and they definitely asked me to supply both addresses.

Not only that, but when I called about somethin g, the person told me my daughter's name, address, age and date of birth. I questioned how she got that information and she said that my daughter must have shown her I D at one time and it was o n their files.

I regularly book for my sister's family and my parents under my account and their information is not required. This is especially true for minors.

Disney's tech is notorious and I see no reason why the OP should risk losing FPs or having to spend hours dealing with it when another person can just take over the unused ticket.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm traveling in two weeks with a friend, I made all the reservations and, other than name and general age (over 18) Disney never asked me for any of her information. The only way they would have known more about her, in looking at our reservation, would be if we had set up an MDE account for her, completed her profile and then linked through Friends and Family, which we did not do. They know her name and general age and that's it. I've also been in the "biz" so to speak for 9 years and WDW absolutely does not require you to supply the address of everyone staying in a room together. They ask for cc billing address and that's it. When you book online you certainly are not supplying more than one address. I'm going to assume your daughter has a separate MDE account or has made a WDW reservation as a lead guest at some point? If she has a separate MDE account, all of that info is in there and, if a CM is looking at your reservation and you are both on it, they can see all of that info.

Well, who says "Jane" doesn't have the same address as the OP? OP never said where the friend lives. We have had friends who lived with us for periods of time for one reason or another.

Aside from that, I too have brought several family members along, adding them in MDE. They don't have their addresses on file. Never asked for them. Guess it just depends on who you get, since we all know all CM don't follow the same rules at all times.

You can re-assign the ticket, and I don't think you'd lose the FP (but I'm not positive on that note), however, I'm fairly certain that it'll have to be in the new friend's name.
I think you would. The ticket and FP are both in John's name now and if the ticket gets moved to Jane, then John will no longer have a ticket and as such, the FP in his name would be deleted. They no longer give users the ability to change names on FP so can't do that. GS may be able to

We are 3 weeks from arriving at WDW. All FPs and dining res are done. My daughters friend is unable to go. We have a 10 day PH+ assinged to them in MDE. IF she can find a replacement on short notice is it better to just let the new friend use the Magic Band and FP that are already set up, without changing names? If i re-assign ticket(to the new friend) will I lose all the FPs assigned to the friend that cant go? When activating 10 PH+ will the person (age 17) have to show ID like with APs?
In my opinion it's ALWAYS better/easier to keep Disney out of it if you can. We've done those types of things (wrong names being used etc.) many times and never had an issue. On the other hand almost anytime I try to involve a CM something gets messed up. Even asking them simple questions is generally a waste... don't get me wrong they're almost always very pleasant when they're giving out inaccurate info., but still. If it were me I'd just switch friends but keep all names and everything else the same in the system.

It 100% works no problem and in my opinion is the smarter decision.

Why?... why do they need someone's info., let alone a minors??? Sure they want it for their benefit but there is 100% no reason for them to have it nor is it required. Disney is no different than any other destination or hotel...think about it if you were staying at some hotel and going to some other amusement park there is not 1 time that they would need a minors name. Just because Disney prefers it (again for their own benefit) does not make it policy or even logical.

Again, they don't need it... you just chose (whether you did intentionally or not) to oblige to their request, which is fine, but not needed if you were the lead on the reservation even in the case of another adult (not that we're talking about an adult in this situation.) We take trips with extended family every year... the only info. that's required is the info. of the lead guest... I would also always try to keep the adult names on there accurately (wouldn't give their addresses, they don't need it) just in case of an issue at the hotel, but unless your daughter was the lead guest on a reservation (or in her own MDE account) there's 100% no reason for them to get her personal address etc.

I just got back 1.5 weeks ago and originally I had 3 on the reservation and 3 sets of tickets and magic bands. 2 weeks out my grandson couldn’t go so I only cancelled the things that I paid for (hoop de doo, aqua seas and things like that) I took his magic band and upgraded from a child ticket to an adult ticket so I can use it later but all of his fast passes showed up on my MDE account while we were in the parks. So if you can find someone else to go - just hand over the magic band and have a great time. No one will know that Jane is John. When they use the magic band at the turnstile the first time the ticket will be linked and all the fast passes assigned to that person will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter