3 trips in 40 days: LET'S EAT! (tandem reviews): FLYING FISH CAFE! [updated 7/3/13]

Wow you did get some good pics from last night! That horse "maximus" from Tangled is creeepy looking! lol

What a perfect warm up (if you can say that about an ice show :rolleyes1) for your forthcoming trip!

Have a wonderful time in WDW, can't wait to read all about your next adventure :goodvibes

so strange! we saw the Disney on ice production a week ago in KC and there was no scene with Tiana at all. Or aurora, Cinderella. We got Rapunzel, Belle, Merida, and Ariel! There are different versions of the Happily Ever After Ice show???:scratchin

I am a little late to the party, but all of your pictures are fabulous! I can't wait to read about your next trip and drool over all the food pics. :) We are spending one night at Bonnet Creek before we move to staying on property. How was it? (I had points that I needed to use before the end of the year or I would lose them). We are in a 2 bedroom and my in-laws will be in the 2 bedroom presidential.

Can't wait to read and see more pictures.

Taking your camera in, you rebel! j/k Thanks for sharing your DOI photos with us :) I can see by the background of one of your pic your are far from the only one snapping photos, lol.

Enjoy your next trip!

Great Disney on Ice pictures! The characters look much better than previous Disney on Ice performances I have been to!

THANK YOU! the show was pretty amazing!! we loved every minute of it. the only other DOI show we've seen was toy story 3 & even though that was fun, it lacked the energy & excitement that this show had. the costumes were absolutely gorgeous!

Hi there! I've followed you on Jabead's live thread but I'm joining in for the fun for your upcoming trip with Rachel. Sounds like you guys will have a blast. I'm looking forward to hearing about your monorail crawl. :lmao:

Emme is so adorable! What great memories you are making with Emme with these trips... you are truly blessed. :goodvibes

Your photos are amazing so between you and Rachel - wow! This will be so good. :)

thanks for the compliments & for reading along! emme & i will be at disney in december for the dismeet so hopefully we get to meet! :wave2:

being emme's mom is truly a blessing (corny, i know). she is such & joy & makes all the hard work worthwhile.

rachel & i have a surprise in store for this next trip so stay tuned! it's going to be nice shooting with her as we both shoot with canon's & she got a fancy new lens! the monorail pub crawl is going to be super fun. i can't wait!

Wow you did get some good pics from last night! That horse "maximus" from Tangled is creeepy looking! lol

thanks rachel! maximus was mean mugging the entire night. i feel bad for the two people inside of that costume as the tangled skit was fairly long & maximus was on the ice for quite some time. i'm so glad i got my camera inside!

What a perfect warm up (if you can say that about an ice show :rolleyes1) for your forthcoming trip!

Have a wonderful time in WDW, can't wait to read all about your next adventure :goodvibes

:lmao: that's funny linda! it was the perfect "warm up"...ironically for an ice show!

thank you for the well wishes. i'm super exhausted from working last night. just 3.5 more days of work & we're off to disney!

so strange! we saw the Disney on ice production a week ago in KC and there was no scene with Tiana at all. Or aurora, Cinderella. We got Rapunzel, Belle, Merida, and Ariel! There are different versions of the Happily Ever After Ice show???:scratchin

this was "Disney on Ice: Dare to Dream". i noticed our shows have different titles so maybe that's why. i wish we had merida or ariel! believe it or not, i've never seen "the princess & the frog" in its entirety. blasphemous i know but i just never got around to it. if this show comes to your neck of the woods, i highly recommend it. it was so much fun!

I am a little late to the party, but all of your pictures are fabulous! I can't wait to read about your next trip and drool over all the food pics. :) We are spending one night at Bonnet Creek before we move to staying on property. How was it? (I had points that I needed to use before the end of the year or I would lose them). We are in a 2 bedroom and my in-laws will be in the 2 bedroom presidential.

Can't wait to read and see more pictures.

thanks for joining in & for the gracious comments! i love photography & i love to eat so it goes hand in hand. even though my camera is a total pain to travel with, in the end, it's worth it!

we were in the 2 bedroom presidential & absolutely loved it! check out my TRIP REPORT as i posted pictures & did a mini-review of our room. we were on the 15th floor and in tower 6 & had a spectacular view.

unfortunately, the weather wasn't warm enough to enjoy the pool or lazy river. :( i've stayed in a regular room before as well & the room was laid out well & very comfy. the shuttle is no longer free & costs $5 round trip per person. children 3 and under ride free.

i loved staying at bonnet creek! when i run the princess half marathon in february with friends, we will be booking a room at bonnet creek. enjoy your stay!!!

Taking your camera in, you rebel! j/k Thanks for sharing your DOI photos with us :) I can see by the background of one of your pic your are far from the only one snapping photos, lol.

Enjoy your next trip!

if you had a basic point & shoot, they allowed the camera in. they were specifically looking for cameras that had detachable lenses. i hate taking my point & shoot as the flash has to fire. i don't like shooting with my flash at these events as i feel the lights would blind the skaters. i'm able to shoot in low light with great clarity using my dslr. there was absolutely no way i was walking back to my car so i had to smuggle it in! :cool1:

something funny to post...

it's been a wee bit rainy in florida so i bought emme a disney princess umbrella.

IMG_3546_zps38169e14.jpg

aurora looks like a hot mess & is totally rocking the lazy eye. :rotfl: i can't believe how terrible she looks. this is just as bad as the crest princess spin brushes...those are awful as well.

however...

IMG_3457_zps4c63a68a.jpg

emme sure does love her umbrella!! princess:

updated 4/8/13

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: 2.5 DAYS!

IMG_4314a-2_zpse041427c.jpg

i wanted to share some exciting news!! rachel & i will be doing our dining review together in this thread. TANDEM FOOD REVIEWS!!

we both love to stuff our faces & take pictures of our food before stuffing our faces....so we thought it would be an awesome idea to post our food pictures together.

rachel & i both shoot with canon dslr's plus she also bought a fancy new lens. :cool1: i bought a lens for my iphone & will be sending barb my updates using the new lens. i'm going to try & just use my iphone with the new lens but i'm pretty sure i'll grab my canon & start shooting [force of habit].

it will be really interesting to see disney food from the same places but with different perspectives. we are going to try and order different items whenever we eat...so this will lead to lots & lots of pictures in addition to our reviews about what we eat.

we both leave for disney on thursday & i cannot wait! this is going to be a really fun trip & i'm so glad to be sharing this experience with another disney enthusiast.

please check back on this thread for updates!

happy eating everyone!!! :yay:

IMG_3569_zps11b1a1ed.jpg

YAY! Tandem Food Reviews!!!

I am slowly eating more day by day to expand my belly in preparation for disney food!

I can't wait for Thursday!!! Weather in Minneapolis is going to be 38 and snow Wednesday and Thursday so I need to get the heck out of here ASAP!!!

Looking forward to sharing our reviews with everyone!!!:thumbsup2

Eeek! This thread keeps getting better and better! lol, can hardly wait for your vacation, ladies :) Updates here and in Barb's thread makes me really happy!

Emmebear, I think we have that same umbrella around here...now I have to hunt it down and take a look at poor Aurora, lol. I've never really looked at it before, but my DD's face lights up just like Emme's when she opens it up!

Eeek! This thread keeps getting better and better! lol, can hardly wait for your vacation, ladies :) Updates here and in Barb's thread makes me really happy!

Emmebear, I think we have that same umbrella around here...now I have to hunt it down and take a look at poor Aurora, lol. I've never really looked at it before, but my DD's face lights up just like Emme's when she opens it up!

Thank you for the reply! I can't believe we leave Thursday afternoon. Fingers crossed for Rachel as they are expecting lots of snow. pixie dust needed!

It's going to be a fantastic trip.

Please let me know if your aurora is a hot mess too. Ha ha!

image_zpsac4a9d14.jpg

I'm surprising emme with these 2 shirts that were created by Disboard member fruto76. Her etsy shop is: mymark custom

Soooo cute! Emme's going to be over the moon! :)

Yeah winter storm Waldo is threatening my plans! How dare she. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow starting tomorrow and tapering off Thursday am. The winter storm warning is gone Thursday at 1pm and I leave at 11:20 am. Lets hope I can leave on time!

Yeah winter storm Waldo is threatening my plans! How dare she. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow starting tomorrow and tapering off Thursday am. The winter storm warning is gone Thursday at 1pm and I leave at 11:20 am. Lets hope I can leave on time!

If it makes you feel any better the storm is not as bad here in Denver as they predicted. Hopefully it continues to lessen by the time it gets to you!

Jill in CO

If it makes you feel any better the storm is not as bad here in Denver as they predicted. Hopefully it continues to lessen by the time it gets to you!

Jill in CO
I sure hope so but I just checked the weather and it is predicted to get worse now.

I checked Denver flights that were cancelled today and three were cancelled to Orlando.

it just sucks because it is a short trip to begin with and I want to make the most of my time.

If Southwest issues a travel advisory for Minneapolis I can change with no fee so I will change to tomorrow night.

I sure hope so but I just checked the weather and it is predicted to get worse now.

I checked Denver flights that were cancelled today and three were cancelled to Orlando.

it just sucks because it is a short trip to begin with and I want to make the most of my time.

If Southwest issues a travel advisory for Minneapolis I can change with no fee so I will change to tomorrow night.

Ugh, fingers crossed! I would definitely try to get out earlier too!

Jill in CO

fingers are crossed for you rachel! either way, we will see you on thursday!! :yay: i just hope you don't get a stress ulcer from all this. we can eat the stress away! :rotfl2:

here is a video i sent rachel to cheer her up. please click the picture below to view the video.

unforunately, the quality of the video is pretty terrible after uploading to photobucket but hope it makes you smile! :cheer2:

fingers are crossed for you rachel! either way, we will see you on thursday!! :yay: i just hope you don't get a stress ulcer from all this. we can eat the stress away! :rotfl2:

here is a video i sent rachel to cheer her up. please click the picture below to view the video.

unforunately, the quality of the video is pretty terrible after uploading to photobucket but hope it makes you smile! :cheer2:

I always thought Emme was adorable in still pics but she is a doll on video!

Jill in CO

Cute video!!

Rachel: Sounds like you may need a cocktail by the time you get there. The monorail crawl may start sooner rather than later. ;)

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Rachel and will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to leave on schedule. Keep me updated please. :goodvibes

the spread:

IMG_2856_zps166a0ff7.jpg

we eat like this every day. i love love love korean food (not that i'm biased). so this is why eating at disney is disappointing sometimes. i need some spice at disney!

Subbing so I don't miss anything when you get back.

Umm, can I come to your house for dinner??:rotfl2::rotfl2:

image_zpsac4a9d14.jpg

I'm surprising emme with these 2 shirts that were created by Disboard member fruto76. Her etsy shop is: mymark custom

Soooo cute! Emme's going to be over the moon! :)

Those are ADORABLE! Do they come in grown-up sizes?:lmao::lmao:

Can't wait to see your pics from your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter