3 Nights at Portofino Bay

martaB

Earning My Ears
I was at PB from Dec. 17 to 20th. My friend and I were 100% satisfied with our stay at the hotel except for the weather (you'd think at these prices they could guarantee 80 degree weather)! We booked a Gardenview room and were upgraded to a Bayview. Being Loews First members we got our milk and cookies and boy were those cookies huge! My friend doesn't care for cookies (weird) so I got to eat all of them! :-) We used the Spa twice and it was great! Fitness buffs will be pleased with the Cybex weight machines and number of treadmills, bikes, steppers available. There is no charge for Loews First members which was nice since the regular fee is $12.00 a day. This also includes use of the steam room and sauna. There's a big whirlpool too. Since it was cool we were not able to swim but we did sit by the beach pool and the Villa pool. Wow, we fell in love with the Villa pool. We were the only ones there and it felt like we were in someone's backyard pool!

Bottom line: this is a wonderful hotel. We are thinking about returning next year and just spending a few relaxing days at the hotel!

Thanks for posting Marta! I enjoyed hearing about the Spa. That was a first. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Did you eat at any of the restaurants? Too bad the weather didnt cooperate with your plans! I just loved those cookies too! Yummy!!! I think I will try and get a few recipes next time. We had a room that overlooked the villa pool as well and my impression was the same as yours. It was very tropical and private. I would love a summer vacation at this hotel to be able to sit by that pool a few days. Thanks again. :D

jessica5.gif

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I'll be there this Sunday and your post really makes me look forward to returning. I agree about the Villa pool. It's one of my favorite things about Portofino, especially when it's all lit up at night.

We actually had a view of the Bay and not the Villa pool. Now I know next time I will request a view of the pool!! Our view was good though since we could see the boat pull up and run out and catch it instead of waiting in the cold. :-) We only ate at Sal's but next time will plan to try more restaurants. We spent 3 days at the parks and ate at Margaritaville (twice) and the HRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter