3 Generations Take a WONDERful Cruise to Alaska - May 16-23, 2022

Loving your report! Hope you have time for more, soon. (Hint) lol
I was having issues with the boards being down for me as were a few others judging by the Technical Board and am also hampered by the fact my pictures are on my phone and I've been writing on my laptop. I will try to get some more up in the next couple days.

I was having issues with the boards being down for me as were a few others judging by the Technical Board and am also hampered by the fact my pictures are on my phone and I've been writing on my laptop. I will try to get some more up in the next couple days.
I’ve had a hard time with them being down for me a lot too!

REWIND

I have found some pictures my dad took so I'm going to add them here and then attempt to continue... possibly even with DCL pictures!

IMG_0480.JPG
my dad took an airplane selfie!

P1030361.JPG
happy we pre-purchased tickets the night before to the aquarium!

P1030356.JPG
P1030359.JPG
accurate representation of the weather!
P1030368.JPG
Bubble so you can put your head in a fish tank!

IMG_0481.JPG
dinner with our cousins and family

Well they definitely did do a whiskey tasting!
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG

Day 4 – Day at Sea – May 17th, 2022

The boys were up early again today (like 5am early ugh, traveling West with kids is hard!). I’m pretty sure I woke up to Walter climbing out of bed and calling “mom” while going to the stateroom door... which he managed to open on his own. Luckily, I’m a light sleeper and heard the movement and the door right away. He was also wearing a sleep sac which might have at least slowed him down on his way to look for me!

We turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from the on demand and waited until 7am for Cabanas to open to get some food. I made a point to eat very little as I had Palo brunch booked with @Disney_Alli and her hubby as well as our parents. I could only get a reservation for 5 but had been planning not to go as we didn’t know if the nursery would be open. It turned out to be open but not long enough for everyone to enjoy brunch but hubby told me to go have fun at brunch while he took Walter to explore the ship and Arthur went to the Kids’ Club.

After breakfast we explored the ship a bit and the boys and I ran into Goofy in his pajamas!
IMG_4647.jpeg
I think I had only Arthur with me here and I do not recall why? Evidence - I think a lovely guest offered to take our picture
IMG_4649.jpeg
Our first pictures with characters since December 2017!

We got a couple quick pictures and then carried on exploring. We went back to the cabin for some down time and then the boys were hungry for lunch. Mom fail here: It didn’t occur to me we could get room service lunch so we checked hours and Pete’s Boiler Bites opened at 10:30 so we headed there to get the boys some burgers. Then we grabbed a table under the overhang to try to get out of the wind and rain. I found a blanket nearby and wrapped Walter up, but I couldn’t find another one, so I wrapped Arthur in a towel. We struggled through a bit of lunch and then gave up and took the boys back inside... they were freezing! This was the coldest day on the cruise, to us anyway. I’m pretty sure we also had some nursery time booked for Walter around 11am as they were closed over lunch time (hence one adult missing Palo brunch).

Oh look we did have some nursery time as here I am meeting a pajama-clad Goofy with Walter with the Castaway Club bag we used for his nursery bag.
IMG_4652.jpeg
a little unsure, but this is his first official character photo... and he is an "I was born just before lockdown and everything is new still" baby

The only picture I have that proves that 5 out of 6 adults got to enjoy Palo and a lot of wine is this birthday plate for my dad
IMG_4654.jpeg

Walter made a mask with Dad while Arthur went to the club and everyone else had Palo brunch
IMG_4656.jpeg

And then he met Mickey!

IMG_4657.jpeg

Look what a pro he is, standing on the dot!

Tonight was formal night and hubby took the boys down once they were dressed to get pictures with the backgrounds (and a free drink or two at the Captain's Reception which had just returned) while I finished getting ready. I have way too many pictures of formal night for this post so I will leave you with a teaser
2022-05-17 - Disney Wonder - Disney Wonder_32.jpeg
and finish off Day 4 after I have some lunch... hopefully!

Is this the day we did “Anyone Can Cook”? (Really must do notes next time!)

I’m pretty sure Hubby and I went up to Cove for a coffee this morning and I got a picture with my girl Ariel (I’m really a mermaid I swear!)

68924C7F-3FB1-426F-8562-73DF702E9BE8.jpeg

I wasn’t charged for my drink but did get a stamp card… which I promptly lost that morning at Anyone Can Cook - we tried lobster ravioli which was on the semi-formal night menu (maybe?) but in a different sauce.

I’m pretty sure we then met up with my parents for a sit down breakfast where I ordered only the yoghurt and fresh fruit which was tiny but I’m not a big eater during the day (I work overnights and often only eat one meal at about 8pm so being up at 7am is weird enough for me!) the servers tried to get me to order more food but I told them I was saving room for Palo!

I found some throw back pictures of my own from Day 1 so I’ve added them below. Some sail-a-wave pics and sailing under the bridge.
6EDB347B-CAF4-4708-9A72-1D2FBF32B03D.jpeg
294A3CCF-D730-433A-AB25-844D009BD35B.jpeg

34CB6941-5F25-436E-BADF-1523658248E4.jpeg8EAB1217-B1FE-4C22-9C91-B2C56E4B49FE.jpeg

And a porthole picture!
3B409A92-66F4-434A-998B-09CBECD0396F.jpeg

I also have not a single picture from Palo!

Attachments

• 5412DC63-D9A1-4EEB-B8AB-6B88C1455AC7.jpeg
    5412DC63-D9A1-4EEB-B8AB-6B88C1455AC7.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter