3 Generations on a Christmas tour - Dec. 12-14 - Pre-trip planning

the_princess

DIS Veteran
When: Dec. 12-14 2019
Where: Disneyland Hotel at DLP
Who: Me (30-something), my mom (60-something), my daughter (15 months)

Table of Content

Pre-trip planning:
Introductions
Pre-planning and booking

Trip report:
Dec. 12
Dec. 13
Dec. 14

Before I get started, please enjoy a few shots from our last Christmas trip to DLP back in 2016
IMG_8508.jpg

the_princess

DIS Veteran
Introduction
I haven’t been active on these boards for some times. I used to be on here every day and make trip reports for all of my trips but since the boards moved I kind of lost interest in making reports. Does anyone actually remember the old boards? I’m not going to bother you with old reports but I would like to share one special trip report with you.
Back in 2013 we did the Holiday Time – Christmas tour at DL which still is my best Christmas memory. See it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059
I know the pictures are blurry but after the new only 10 picture per thread-policy, I don’t want to re-upload the pictures since that will mean that I have to remove quite a few. Just click on the picture if you want to see it clearly.

After this little walk down memory lane it’s time to look ahead. This trip to DLP will be very different and very special. This will be the first time I bring my daughter, which means that suddenly everything has to be tailored to her and her needs. That is why I thought it would be fun to do a trip report. To share the experience of travelling with a toddler.

WHEN:
Christmas is my favorite time of year and is there anywhere better to spend some Christmas time than in a Disney park? We are going Dec. 12-14 2019.

WHERE:
We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. This will be the second time we are staying here. Normally we don’t want to spend that much on a hotel. We love staying at HNY (before the Marvel make over!) because it’s nice, close to Village and the price is acceptable. DLH is a step up, but the price is more like 10 steps up. This time since we are travelling with a toddler we want to stay close to the parks and we don’t know how babyL will take the experience, so we want a lovely hotel where we can hang out in case she doesn’t want to spend the whole day outside.

WHO:

Me, my name is Stephanie, I’m 30-something and a Disneyholic. This will be my 15th visit to DLP and my 21st visit to a Disney themepark. What can I say, I’m a fan! I live in Denmark with my husband and daughter, babyL who hopefully will grow up and become a Disneyfan herself. My favorite character is Marie from Aristocats.

My mom, called Mom, she is 60-something and my partner in crime when it comes to Disney. Most of my trips has been with her, so it makes perfectly sense that she was the one who suggested this little Christmas get-away. In her own words: “Isn’t it about time that babyL goes to Disney?” babyL was 5 months old at that time. My mom’s favorite character is Tinkerbell

BabyL, she will be 15months old when we go so she won’t remember at thing from this trip, but I’m sure she will have fun. She hasn’t found her favorite character yet, but she really likes Let it go from Frozen, so maybe Elsa is her favorite?!

Fun fact: this is not babayL’s first time at a Disney themepark. Last year when I was pregnant, I went to Japan on my honeymoon and got to spend a few days at Tokyo Disneyland.
This is me waiting for the parade at Tokyo Disneyland, eating the best Mickey cake ever. In Tokyo DL everyone sits down on the ground and watch the parade, which is so relaxing. Other theme parks could learn from this! Of course, no one lets a pregnant woman sit on the ground, so I got a bench.

I hope you'll follow along

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates