3 Generations! 2 Resorts! 10 Days! DxDp! 3000 Pictures! - Saying Good-Bye!

:rotfl: Because I've waited so long to reply, you DID change!!! You crack me up!!! And notice that I have not been productive....no installment, yet. I've done all the pictures, just have to write the captions. It will be my final one!

I did change didn't I :rolleyes1 Can't wait for the final chapter...soon time for your cruise/AKL PTR :thumbsup2

I'm not entirely sure how it happened... but I fell WOEFULLY behind. :scared1: Like 20+ pages behind! I'd like to blame it on my subscriptions page not getting updated properly but suspect it is a combo of operator error and holiday nuttiness. :rolleyes: Neverthess, have had a delightful time catching up with you this afternoon!

River Country - no idea when you were there but was looking for myself in the background. Given the fashions and the hairstyles... we may well have crossed paths. I remember it with great fondness and always read with interest the rumors that Disney is going to revive it in some way.

Gorgeous family pics pre-Citricos! :goodvibes

I bet Faith would love to attend a tea party at the red roofed resort! princess:

I SO remember the Mickey & Friends parade but not until I saw your pictures! Thank you for bringing back memories! All our family pics are on slides and so they aren't that accessible. But I definitely remember this parade. So fun!!

I have to say I am torn between longing for the spontaneity of the character appearances in "the old days" and the orderly way it is run now. I think the anticipation of "who will you see?" was so cool and remember flying off the porch at Tony's in the middle of breakfast (they served it back in the day) when a character was spotted. But the pictures with random strangers in them aren't ideal and can appreciate that the schedule can allow those families that "must" see a certain character can be sure they do so. I guess I wish there were a blend of the two today, if I were running the parks....
:rolleyes1

Thank you for sharing the hidden Mickey's... so cool! I will have to keep more of an eye out next time! ::yes::

Looks like Star Wars weekend was pretty cool. :darth:

Based on your ticker, looks like you are heading back in June for both parks and cruise? Are you doing a PTR? Either way will be looking forward to following along with you and your beautiful family. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the work you put into the trip report - I know it is a LOT!!. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to "traveling" with you again soon!

Hope you and your family had a very happy holiday! :santa::santa:

I did change didn't I :rolleyes1 Can't wait for the final chapter...soon time for your cruise/AKL PTR :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: I can't believe you changed again!!!

Oh no...hope all is okay with Willow. Hopefully you will find child care quickly. That's a huge deal, and good child care isn't easy to find. Best of luck....it will all work out.

And yep! Y'all will be leaving next month!!! Does she know that she's going?? I can't remember if you were going to surprise her or not.
I did find a great preschool (best in town) - just dealing with the fallout from what happened and all the change.

The birthday trip will be a complete surprise. She has NO idea. I think I will wake her up the day before her birthday and just say, "Get up, we're going to Disneyland!!!" Or I'll do something else - haven't quite figured it out yet. :laughing:

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

Here's a little something to get you excited about your next TR:

Thanks for the picture!!:thumbsup2 Would love to cruise during the Holidays...how awesome would that be!!??

PTR???:laughing: I can barely get THIS trip report finished! Hope you're having a great week!

I'm not entirely sure how it happened... but I fell WOEFULLY behind. :scared1: Like 20+ pages behind! I'd like to blame it on my subscriptions page not getting updated properly but suspect it is a combo of operator error and holiday nuttiness. :rolleyes: Neverthess, have had a delightful time catching up with you this afternoon!

River Country - no idea when you were there but was looking for myself in the background. Given the fashions and the hairstyles... we may well have crossed paths. I remember it with great fondness and always read with interest the rumors that Disney is going to revive it in some way.

Gorgeous family pics pre-Citricos! :goodvibes

I bet Faith would love to attend a tea party at the red roofed resort! princess:

I SO remember the Mickey & Friends parade but not until I saw your pictures! Thank you for bringing back memories! All our family pics are on slides and so they aren't that accessible. But I definitely remember this parade. So fun!!

I have to say I am torn between longing for the spontaneity of the character appearances in "the old days" and the orderly way it is run now. I think the anticipation of "who will you see?" was so cool and remember flying off the porch at Tony's in the middle of breakfast (they served it back in the day) when a character was spotted. But the pictures with random strangers in them aren't ideal and can appreciate that the schedule can allow those families that "must" see a certain character can be sure they do so. I guess I wish there were a blend of the two today, if I were running the parks....
:rolleyes1

Thank you for sharing the hidden Mickey's... so cool! I will have to keep more of an eye out next time! ::yes::

Looks like Star Wars weekend was pretty cool. :darth:

Based on your ticker, looks like you are heading back in June for both parks and cruise? Are you doing a PTR? Either way will be looking forward to following along with you and your beautiful family. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the work you put into the trip report - I know it is a LOT!!. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to "traveling" with you again soon!

Hope you and your family had a very happy holiday! :santa::santa:

Hi again:wave2:

Thanks! And we did have a wonderful Christams...hope your family had a blessed Holiday, too.

I had a big smile on my face when you mentioned "slides". My dad has a ton of those, too. I can remember the days of putting slides into the projector and watching with total enthusiasm!:laughing: How times have changed!!!

And speaking of things changing...can you believe that Disney let River Country get into the condition it is today?? Not sure if you saw the present day pictures or not....totally weird!

We booked AKL CL for a few nights before the cruise (received a pin code for 30% off) However, we aren't doing any of the 4 parks....just going to hang out at the pool, DTD and maybe a waterpark. We've always wanted to stay at AKL, but we've always been leery of the location. So...we'll try it for a few days and see how it goes.

Probably NOT doing a PRT...can't even get this TR finished:laughing: I certainly want to try and do a cruise TR, however....I'm going to be right in the middle of completing my master's degree. We'll see...

Have a great week!!

I did find a great preschool (best in town) - just dealing with the fallout from what happened and all the change.

The birthday trip will be a complete surprise. She has NO idea. I think I will wake her up the day before her birthday and just say, "Get up, we're going to Disneyland!!!" Or I'll do something else - haven't quite figured it out yet. :laughing:

That's awesome that you found daycare!!! And certainly a plus that you feel totally comfortable with it.

So...I have an idea:rolleyes1....you could always continue your TR with your DL trip...just sayin';) Would love to hear all about the surprise for Willow!! She's gonna love it! I think waking up Willow and saying "we're going" will be great!! When we went to MNSSHP last year, that's kinda what we did with the kids. Basically my husband said get in the car...we're going on a trip. They looked at us like we were crazy. They didn't believe us at first...then the kids started screaming. Looking forward to hearing about your surprise!!! Keep me posted!

So...I have an idea....you could always continue your TR with your DL trip...just sayin' Would love to hear all about the surprise for Willow!! She's gonna love it! I think waking up Willow and saying "we're going" will be great!! When we went to MNSSHP last year, that's kinda what we did with the kids. Basically my husband said get in the car...we're going on a trip. They looked at us like we were crazy. They didn't believe us at first...then the kids started screaming. Looking forward to hearing about your surprise!!! Keep me posted!

Oh, wow! It's good to hear that doing the surprise that way worked out well with your kids. I was going to try not to tell her until we were there, but I think she would figure it out, and I also think it will be more fun for her if she has a little time to anticipate it all. :laughing:

You know, I was thinking the same thing - it's not like I'll get my current TR finished before we go, so I may as well just tack DLR onto that one. ;)

The Last Day!!!
Bon Voyage!!! Adios! Sayonara! Cheerio! Walt Disney World​

As much as our family loves and adores Disney World, we were tired, exhausted, beat….you name it! It really was time to go home and REST! However, there were still a couple of things that we must do while at DHS.

While MaHopie and Stephen were watching the Stars Wars Parade, Faith and Jesse decided they wanted to play on…..

IMG_6934.jpg

Remind me to NEVER do this again while being totally exhausted! If you’ve ever allowed your children to play in this, then you know that there are tons of hideaways and tunnels….it’s almost impossible to find your kid.:scared1:

IMG_6940.jpg

While it really is an incredibly cute play area, I wasn’t in the mood. The mistake I made was “thinking” that we would just play there 5 or 10 minutes….I should have known better! When I told Faith and Jesse it was time to go, they rebelled!! ….and went into hiding!

IMG_6939.jpg

My dad and I tried to tag team the miniature duo, but it didn’t work! When they saw us, they would dart back in a tunnel and run. And as you may know….the tunnels go in all different directions! Both Faith and Jesse thought it was a game.

IMG_6937.jpg

But, in all honesty…what do you expect from a 4 and 5 year old?! Dad and I finally grabbed Faith and didn’t let her go….then did the same with Jesse.

It was time to head over to Mama Melrose for lunch. On the way over, we saw Phineas & Ferb. They wanted to have pictures made with the characters, but the line was atrocious! So….we got the pics from a distance.

DSC_4726.jpg

When we arrived at Mama Melrose, we didn’t have our entire party. So….no checking in, yet.

DSC_4728.jpg

Not too big of a deal…we sat on the bench and let the kids run around a bit more.

IMG_6931.jpg

DSC_4732.jpg

And would you believe…the children started running out of gas!

DSC_4727.jpg

The ladies at check-in were super friendly. I explained to them that we had lunch ressies for 12:30, but 2 in our party were stuck at the parade. They told me they would make a note, and when the others arrived, to please come back and tell them. At this point, the restaurant was packed! I feared that when Stephen and MaHopie finally got back, it would take another 30 minutes before we would be seated.

DSC_4734.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

Eventually they showed up! And to my surprise, I told the hostess and we were seated within minutes! Thank heavens!!! We were all drained!

The atmosphere is very inviting…very appealing…and smelled divine.

DSC_4735.jpg

DSC_4737.jpg

As you know, we ALWAYS order appetizers. However, on our last meal, this didn’t hold true. None of us were very hungry at all. Perhaps it’s the 10 days of eating 2 and 3 meals a day!!!

Before we could even start eating, guess who was down for the count?! He was DONE!

DSC_4742.jpg

The meal that we ordered for Jesse basically just sat on the table.

IMG_7026.jpg

In all honesty….I really can’t remember what we had. I did get a picture, but my mind draws a blank!

IMG_7025.jpg

DSC_4740.jpg

So…was the food good? Well…if I had truly been hungry and not tired, it would have been great. The service was fine…nothing to complain about there. Can you believe I didn’t order dessert??!!! Nobody did!!!

On our way out, we saw more characters…again, the line was REALLY long, so we just shot a couple of pics from a distance.

DSC_4749.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

Some of you have asked what we did with all the snack credits that were left over from the dining plan…not to worry….ALL credits were used. We stopped by the candy store and loaded up!!! You name it, we bought it!!!

After 10 days, it was time to say good-bye to the most magical place on earth!

IMG_7037.jpg

Even though it’s always a bit sad to leave, I knew we would be back in the near future. No one was complaining about getting in a cool vehicle, sitting back, watching a movie and relaxing.

IMG_7039.jpg

After returning home, mom and I fixed a basket of goodies for the kids! (snack credits) Each night after dinner they were allowed to choose one item for dessert. Nevertheless, it always leads to a Disney discussion….just another way to relive our fabulous trip!

DSC_4772.jpg

Our family had an incredible time…there’s nothing like making memories that will last forever. I’m very fortunate to have a wonderful husband and parents who enjoy traveling and being together. We’re already excited about our next family vacation on the Dream! Guess you know what our dinner conversations consists of now?!;)

Thanks so much for following along on my TR…it’s been a joy getting to know each of you! :grouphug: Until next Summer…..

Up next…..AKL CL/Dream Cruise TR…..July 2012….hope to see you there!

Heather

Boo for the last day.....but YAY another trip...and a cruise :goodvibes

We have 1230 ADR at MM too for Fantasmic...the kiddos love chicken parm...glad you enjoyed it. How long did the snack basket last....DH would''ve demolished it ;)

Can't believe its over :hug:

RGirl I am outta control...always. DH said he'll find out where we stay when we check in (hopefully) :dance3:

But, I don't want it to be over!!! :sad1:

Your TR was really great! I enjoyed every minute of it, especially your beautiful pictures. You have such a wonderful family - not that I need to tell you that. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with all of us. I've really enjoyed getting to know you!

I hope y'alls vacation next summer is fabulous! I think y'all will really love the Dream. I know you mentioned that you'll be working on your masters next summer - I wish you lots of luck with that! But, I do hope (very selfishly) that you'll be able to do a TR after the cruise. Please let me know when/if you start one. Until then, hopefully, I'll "see" you around!

Great TR! I know I've been quiet lately, but I've been very busy with school and basketball, but over the holidays I have caught up. I've really enjoyed reading along and drooling over all of your food photos!! :goodvibes So sad that it's over, but it's great you have another planned!! And a cruise at that!! :woohoo:Can't wait to read it!! Have a great New Year! See ya real soon! ;)

Boo for the last day.....but YAY another trip...and a cruise :goodvibes

We have 1230 ADR at MM too for Fantasmic...the kiddos love chicken parm...glad you enjoyed it. How long did the snack basket last....DH would''ve demolished it ;)

Can't believe its over :hug:

Yep...another trip:thumbsup2 Although I'm sure that's no shocker to you. Our family loved the Fantasmic package...beats the heck out of standing in line for an hour waiting for a seat!

Sad to hear the TR is ending :sad2:

I love the idea of the basket to chose from for dessert at night!

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes I'm not sure I ever finished your TR :scratchin...now I'll be able to catch up on all the threads!

But, I don't want it to be over!!! :sad1:

Your TR was really great! I enjoyed every minute of it, especially your beautiful pictures. You have such a wonderful family - not that I need to tell you that. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with all of us. I've really enjoyed getting to know you!

I hope y'alls vacation next summer is fabulous! I think y'all will really love the Dream. I know you mentioned that you'll be working on your masters next summer - I wish you lots of luck with that! But, I do hope (very selfishly) that you'll be able to do a TR after the cruise. Please let me know when/if you start one. Until then, hopefully, I'll "see" you around!

Thanks Amanda:goodvibes, you're very sweet! We're all looking forward to our cruise...and I feel fairly certain that I'll be doing a TR...or at least I'm hoping. You know where to find me....over on the RC Thread:laughing: Hope your family has a great 2012. Let me know when you finalize your next WDW plans...can't wait to hear!

l loved reading your report. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for following along! It's been fun reliving our trip with everyone....until next time:wave:

Great TR! I know I've been quiet lately, but I've been very busy with school and basketball, but over the holidays I have caught up. I've really enjoyed reading along and drooling over all of your food photos!! :goodvibes So sad that it's over, but it's great you have another planned!! And a cruise at that!! :woohoo:Can't wait to read it!! Have a great New Year! See ya real soon! ;)

We were posting at the same time and I missed you....thanks, Emma for following along! I can only imagine how busy you are with school! I remember those days...fun, but busy! Hope y'all have a great 2012, also. Tell your mom hello!

You know where to find me....over on the RC Thread:laughing:

Yeah, I figured that's where you'll be hanging out. :laughing: I'm actually going to hop on over there later. I'm having some resort decision conundrums for our trip next December & need some help. Ed has become useless to me in trying to make a decision because all he says now is, "I'm tired of discussing where to stay. Just book whatever you want." :sad2:

Hope your family has a great 2012.

And yours also!!! :goodvibes

Hey Heather...I was a bit behind, but got all caught up fast once I saw your trip had drawn to an end.

Once again, I have to say, your trip report was amazing! The time and detail you spent in not only writing the report, but editing all the wonderful photos is amazing! :worship::worship::worship:

Your family is absolutely delightful, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures next summer. In addition to your parents, didn't you say that some extended family was also coming along? perhaps your sister and her family?

Regardless, your agenda (AKL CL and the cruise) sounds wonderful! Can't wait for you to tell me how to cruise in style before we set sail on our 2013 voyage! :)

Hope you and your family had a fantastic Christmas, and all the best for the New Year!:goodvibes

Heather I Hate to see your TR end. As of now we have an ADR for MM F! Pkg. originally I had HBD and the way I change ADRs who know what it will be by March. We ate at both places before but I think we will keep MM.

See you over on the RC thread.

So very sorry to see this trip report come to a close but am already looking forward to your summer TR. I have never cruised so will especially look forward to your thoughts.

Is it bad that I got a tiny little bit of a kick out of Faith and Jesse eluding you and your dad in the playground? That is what I'd want to do if someone were telling me it was time to leave! :laughing:

Mama Melrose looks good. Sorry you all were perhaps a bit too wiped out and overfed to fully enjoy.

What a great idea to use your snack credits to create dessert baskets and make the trip last even longer at home! I can just imagine what your dinner discussions are like. Who is looking forward to the Aqua Duck slide?? And what about the ship's version of the Kim Possible game? See... I have so much to learn about cruising. Can't wait to hear all about it. Will have to keep an eye out for your report.

In the meantime, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I have had a blast following along with you and your beautiful family. :goodvibes

Boo - I don't want it to be over!

Thanks for the great TR. I have so enjoyed reading along and getting to know you and others on the thread. And I'm excited for your July 2012 cruise/WDW trip and trip report! We will be cruising in July 2012 as well (not sure why my tickers are not showing up right now), but our cruise will be a bit more on the chilly side than yours. ;)

BTW, I steered so far clear of that playground at DHS you wouldn't believe it. Last year, I let DD play in that boneyard playground at AK, and I about lost my mind trying to see where she was in that huge structure. I would have a heart attack trying to find her in the one at DHS. :rotfl:

Thanks for such a wonderful trip report, Heather! I really enjoyed reading it, and I loved all of your pictures and excellent details. I especially loved all of your early morning photos!

I look forward to checking in next summer for a full report about AKL and the Disney Dream. :goodvibes

Yeah, I figured that's where you'll be hanging out. :laughing: I'm actually going to hop on over there later. I'm having some resort decision conundrums for our trip next December & need some help. Ed has become useless to me in trying to make a decision because all he says now is, "I'm tired of discussing where to stay. Just book whatever you want." :sad2

Ok Amanda....Ed said "whatever"...ya know what that means:rotfl: Bill knows better than to say "book whatever you want".....I would have us at the GF's RPC for 2 weeks:lmao: Have fun deciding! That's always part of the experience for me:thumbsup2

Hey Heather...I was a bit behind, but got all caught up fast once I saw your trip had drawn to an end.

Once again, I have to say, your trip report was amazing! The time and detail you spent in not only writing the report, but editing all the wonderful photos is amazing! :worship::worship::worship:

Your family is absolutely delightful, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures next summer. In addition to your parents, didn't you say that some extended family was also coming along? perhaps your sister and her family?

Regardless, your agenda (AKL CL and the cruise) sounds wonderful! Can't wait for you to tell me how to cruise in style before we set sail on our 2013 voyage! :)

Hope you and your family had a fantastic Christmas, and all the best for the New Year!:goodvibes

Thanks Trish! We are all looking very forward to our next trip....basically we're going to relax at AKL (no parks) then hit the cruise ship full force. I'm super excited about the AKL....we've been wanting to try it for quite some time. A few days will be just right. Now we just have to decide where we want to eat. Bill wants to try Artist Point and Jikos. My sister, her husband and 2 children will be joining us this time. It should be fun!

I just realized that your TR is up and running...I'll be jumping over there! Can't wait to hear all about it:thumbsup2 Hope your family has a fabulous New Year, too!!!

Heather I Hate to see your TR end. As of now we have an ADR for MM F! Pkg. originally I had HBD and the way I change ADRs who know what it will be by March. We ate at both places before but I think we will keep MM.

See you over on the RC thread.

You'll love the Fantasmic Package! It was so nice to walk up and not have to wait in that long line. Some people don't like the seats, but I didn't think they were bad at all. Enjoy!

I'm sure we'll be chatting today over on the RC Thread;)

So very sorry to see this trip report come to a close but am already looking forward to your summer TR. I have never cruised so will especially look forward to your thoughts.

Is it bad that I got a tiny little bit of a kick out of Faith and Jesse eluding you and your dad in the playground? That is what I'd want to do if someone were telling me it was time to leave! :laughing:

Mama Melrose looks good. Sorry you all were perhaps a bit too wiped out and overfed to fully enjoy.

What a great idea to use your snack credits to create dessert baskets and make the trip last even longer at home! I can just imagine what your dinner discussions are like. Who is looking forward to the Aqua Duck slide?? And what about the ship's version of the Kim Possible game? See... I have so much to learn about cruising. Can't wait to hear all about it. Will have to keep an eye out for your report.

In the meantime, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I have had a blast following along with you and your beautiful family. :goodvibes

You're very kind, Christine:goodvibes Thanks! And yes, we laugh now about the "eluding" on the playground:laughing: Looking back, it is funny. And I'm sure from a 4 and 5 year olds perspective, it was awesome!

Most people would listen to our discussions around the dinner table and think we're crazy....and we do discuss the Aqua Duck!!! My husband will probably be first in line:laughing: That's no joke! I'm not familiar with the Kim Impossible on the ship....guess what I'll be researching today??!!

Your tickers look very promising!! Two trips!! Have fun planning them....will 'see' you around on the boards;)

Boo - I don't want it to be over!

Thanks for the great TR. I have so enjoyed reading along and getting to know you and others on the thread. And I'm excited for your July 2012 cruise/WDW trip and trip report! We will be cruising in July 2012 as well (not sure why my tickers are not showing up right now), but our cruise will be a bit more on the chilly side than yours. ;)

BTW, I steered so far clear of that playground at DHS you wouldn't believe it. Last year, I let DD play in that boneyard playground at AK, and I about lost my mind trying to see where she was in that huge structure. I would have a heart attack trying to find her in the one at DHS. :rotfl:

Thanks, Roni!! You're right...we'll be cruising about the same time:dance3: Can't wait!! Yep...not sure you'll be hitting the pools on your cruise:laughing: Willows going to love it!!

Words of wisdom....if the Boneyard bothers you, stay clear of the playground at DHS::scared1: :laughing: Honestly, it really is quite cute...I was just really tired and not in the mood. Maybe next time...or not.

Thanks for such a wonderful trip report, Heather! I really enjoyed reading it, and I loved all of your pictures and excellent details. I especially loved all of your early morning photos!

I look forward to checking in next summer for a full report about AKL and the Disney Dream. :goodvibes

Thanks so much!! Glad you enjoyed it!

I see you're going to AKL!!!! Very soon!!! Hope y'all have a wonderful time together. When you get back, I want to hear every detail about the resort! Maybe you can get some early morning shots of the animals;)

Have a great 2012...hope to 'see' you next summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter