• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Generations! 2 Resorts! 10 Days! DxDp! 3000 Pictures! - Saying Good-Bye!

Heather, I can't wait to go on vacation again with you! Thanks for all the hard work you put into uploading everything to PB and editing the photos so nicely. Your TRs are easy on the eyes and I can't wait to put my sunglasses on for your cruise:cool2:

Happy New Year to the Strickland Family from the WDWKOOK Family!

Boo! Your trip report can't be over!:sad1: It's been like reading a good book that you don't want to end. Plus, it's been interactive, meeting new friends. In all seriousness, thank you for taking the time to write this report and inviting us all along, it's been a lot of fun.

Now, for my mini-review on the Beach Club. I typed this a couple of days ago but the post didn't make it. It could have been user error or it could have been the 2 kids behind me distracting me while they fought over what Santa brought them!

We went for a quick trip to the BC the weekend of 12/10. We've stayed at all the MK resorts but with an AP rate, we decided to try the BC and see how the EPCOT resorts are. We figured that since we would be doing the Candlelight Processional and the Osborne Lights it would be a great location.

I loved the location! It was great to be able to walk to EPCOT in about 5 minutes via the International Gateway and to HS. You can take the boat to HS as well but it does stop at the Swan/Dolphin on the way, so its not too fast. The walkway to HS is about a mile (so someone said) but I thought it was a nice walk along the waterway. It was also noce to be able to walk thru part of the WS at EPCOT before it is open. HINT Heather: It's great to take pictures at this time!

I thought the food options at the BC are a little lacking. We did the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe and it was OK.:confused3 Not really anything that I would come from another resort for. The buffet didn't seem to have as much as the other breakfast buffets. The quick service for the BC is in their Marketplace (store) which seems it make it more hectic and they do not serve the children's chicken nugget meal. Now, this may not be a big deal but when that's the only thing your 6 year old will eat and you get sick of hearing "but there is nothing for me to eat" it becomes a big deal. Useless fact, the closest place that has chicken nuggets is the American pavillion at EPCOT.

We did venture to Stormalong Bay for a quick swim. My 6 year old wanted to see the sand bottom and I wanted to check it out as well. Now, it wasn't super warm but we made the sacrifice:rotfl2: I can see where this pool is a lot of fun but get really crowded during the busier times. It's actually like several pools all put around each other and there is no place to sit where you could see your child all the time. So, unless you have kids that are old enough to go off on their own for a little bit, or you are willing to move around the pool, this might not be the place for you. I would definately like to go back and spend more time when my girls are older and I don't have to stay on top of them!

Overall, I would definately stay at the BC again but I would do it on a trip where we were planning more resort time as there is a lot to do over in the BC area and there is Stormalong Bay. The rooms remind me of the GF and are about the same size as the monorail resorts.

On a side note, I took a page out of your book Heather and snuck out early in the morning while the rest were sleeping and took some pictures around the resort. I also thought of you and your Dad while I was in Mouse Gear and saw the camera straps!

I hope you do a PTR for your cruise as we are planning a cruise in October and I haven't the slightest idea of how to plan anything about the cruise. My girls are just dying to go to the kids club on board.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a very uneventful winter! Till we "meet" again!:grouphug:

Christine

Heather, I can't wait to go on vacation again with you! Thanks for all the hard work you put into uploading everything to PB and editing the photos so nicely. Your TRs are easy on the eyes and I can't wait to put my sunglasses on for your cruise:cool2:

Happy New Year to the Strickland Family from the WDWKOOK Family!

Thanks, Kook!:thumbsup2 Looks like we are going to be at AKL CL almost exactly 1 month prior to y'all....that's if you don't change your ressie:rolleyes1 Too bad we won't be there at the same time. However, you can always stop in Pooler, GA again on your way down...we'll be happy to buy you dinner:thumbsup2

Hope your family has a blessed 2012!!

Boo! Your trip report can't be over!:sad1: It's been like reading a good book that you don't want to end. Plus, it's been interactive, meeting new friends. In all seriousness, thank you for taking the time to write this report and inviting us all along, it's been a lot of fun.

Now, for my mini-review on the Beach Club. I typed this a couple of days ago but the post didn't make it. It could have been user error or it could have been the 2 kids behind me distracting me while they fought over what Santa brought them!

We went for a quick trip to the BC the weekend of 12/10. We've stayed at all the MK resorts but with an AP rate, we decided to try the BC and see how the EPCOT resorts are. We figured that since we would be doing the Candlelight Processional and the Osborne Lights it would be a great location.

I loved the location! It was great to be able to walk to EPCOT in about 5 minutes via the International Gateway and to HS. You can take the boat to HS as well but it does stop at the Swan/Dolphin on the way, so its not too fast. The walkway to HS is about a mile (so someone said) but I thought it was a nice walk along the waterway. It was also noce to be able to walk thru part of the WS at EPCOT before it is open. HINT Heather: It's great to take pictures at this time!

I thought the food options at the BC are a little lacking. We did the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe and it was OK.:confused3 Not really anything that I would come from another resort for. The buffet didn't seem to have as much as the other breakfast buffets. The quick service for the BC is in their Marketplace (store) which seems it make it more hectic and they do not serve the children's chicken nugget meal. Now, this may not be a big deal but when that's the only thing your 6 year old will eat and you get sick of hearing "but there is nothing for me to eat" it becomes a big deal. Useless fact, the closest place that has chicken nuggets is the American pavillion at EPCOT.

We did venture to Stormalong Bay for a quick swim. My 6 year old wanted to see the sand bottom and I wanted to check it out as well. Now, it wasn't super warm but we made the sacrifice:rotfl2: I can see where this pool is a lot of fun but get really crowded during the busier times. It's actually like several pools all put around each other and there is no place to sit where you could see your child all the time. So, unless you have kids that are old enough to go off on their own for a little bit, or you are willing to move around the pool, this might not be the place for you. I would definately like to go back and spend more time when my girls are older and I don't have to stay on top of them!

Overall, I would definately stay at the BC again but I would do it on a trip where we were planning more resort time as there is a lot to do over in the BC area and there is Stormalong Bay. The rooms remind me of the GF and are about the same size as the monorail resorts.

On a side note, I took a page out of your book Heather and snuck out early in the morning while the rest were sleeping and took some pictures around the resort. I also thought of you and your Dad while I was in Mouse Gear and saw the camera straps!

I hope you do a PTR for your cruise as we are planning a cruise in October and I haven't the slightest idea of how to plan anything about the cruise. My girls are just dying to go to the kids club on board.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a very uneventful winter! Till we "meet" again!:grouphug:

Christine

Thanks, Christine...you're too nice! I've totally enjoyed getting to know so many of you, too. The DisBoards is a great community for Disney Fans:thumbsup2 Thank goodness it exist! Who else would fuel my obsession??!!:laughing:

Thank you sooooo much for the info on the BC. Glad y'all had a wonderful trip!! I've often wondered about the pool and the visibility of the kids. Our 10 year old would be fine, but not sure I would want the 4 & 5 year old to roam freely. That's something to consider. We'll definitely make it over there one day....I suspect that after AKL, we'll try an EP resort. You know I would be in heaven with those early mornings...there's a ton of photo worthy things lurking around the Boardwalk, BC/YC and EP!

I started laughing when you were talking about the camera straps! Thanks to my thoughtful sister, my dad and I now have matching straps...how stunning will we look, side by side on the cruise?!:laughing: Or should I say, how dorky will we look:laughing: I shall wear it with pride:snooty:

PTR:confused::scratchin I've never done one before...not really sure what you are supposed to do exactly. I'll have to check some out to see. Perhaps I just might...you've given me something to think about. My poor DH will probably roll his eyes when he reads that line!:laughing:

If you get bored and have nothing to do, you can always come over to the Resort Changers Thread:thumbsup2 Nice people over there...lots of laughs. Thanks again for following along:goodvibes

Hope your family has a wonderful New Year!!

It's been a great TR, I've really enjoyed it! It looks like it was an awesome trip, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next report!

It's been a great TR, I've really enjoyed it! It looks like it was an awesome trip, and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next report!

Thanks so much for following along! :goodvibes We'll be doing this again in June! Enjoy planning your next WDW trip! From the looks of your ticker, it appears to be a 'surprise' trip for your daughter:thumbsup2 Awesome!!!

Have a great New Year!
Heather

Heather,

I enjoyed every minute of your report.

Over 4th of July weekend our beloved cat became suddenly very sick. We had to put her on a feeding tube while we figured out what was going on. Being a teacher, I was luckily off work and pretty much spent my days during July and most of August completely heartbroken and terrified that she wouldn't make it. I tended to her and stayed by her side constantly. (I know this probably sounds a little crazy to those who have never had a pet. And to those of you who have, I'm betting I don't need to explain it to you.)

What this has to do with you was that your reports (and some others, but yours was my favorite) were such a wonderful distraction. I was always so happy when there was a new posting, and I was able to take my mind off things for a while. I just wanted to thank you for that - it really helped during a difficult time.

And the cat made a full recovery - she is sitting in my lap as I write this. :yay:

Thanks so much, again, for sharing your experiences!

I am loving reading your trip report, for many reasons-1. we are going Memorial Day Week and I have never gone when it's that busy! 2. Your pictures are so good! and 3. I happened to look at your location and it said Savannah,Ga. We are from Glennville Ga which is about 1 hr west of Savannah. My children go to Pinewood Christian Academy and play basketball in the SPAL league, so we will be in Sav a lot this month. I am only on Day 5,your Cali Grill review, and it looks great!
Hope you have a great cruise!

Suzanne

Heather,

I enjoyed every minute of your report.

Over 4th of July weekend our beloved cat became suddenly very sick. We had to put her on a feeding tube while we figured out what was going on. Being a teacher, I was luckily off work and pretty much spent my days during July and most of August completely heartbroken and terrified that she wouldn't make it. I tended to her and stayed by her side constantly. (I know this probably sounds a little crazy to those who have never had a pet. And to those of you who have, I'm betting I don't need to explain it to you.)

What this has to do with you was that your reports (and some others, but yours was my favorite) were such a wonderful distraction. I was always so happy when there was a new posting, and I was able to take my mind off things for a while. I just wanted to thank you for that - it really helped during a difficult time.

And the cat made a full recovery - she is sitting in my lap as I write this. :yay:

Thanks so much, again, for sharing your experiences!

:goodvibes Thanks for the very kind words. So glad the TR took your mind off of a bad situation!! And yes, we've had numerous pets, so I completely understand....they're like children. How wonderful that your cat made a full recovery...what a blessing!!! You were very fortunate to be off during that time. I'm a teacher, too...and value those summer breaks:thumbsup2 We actually go back tomorrow, and the students go back on Thursday.

Hope your kitty continues to do well! And thanks again for your sweet comments:)

I am loving reading your trip report, for many reasons-1. we are going Memorial Day Week and I have never gone when it's that busy! 2. Your pictures are so good! and 3. I happened to look at your location and it said Savannah,Ga. We are from Glennville Ga which is about 1 hr west of Savannah. My children go to Pinewood Christian Academy and play basketball in the SPAL league, so we will be in Sav a lot this month. I am only on Day 5,your Cali Grill review, and it looks great!
Hope you have a great cruise!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne! Thanks for following along...and guess what?! I know exactly where Glennville is located!!! AND my cousin's children attend Pinewood...they live in Claxton. Small world, huh!? We actually live outside of Savannah in a rural area. Wow! So glad to meet you:goodvibes Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR...and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Planning!!! (Have you got everything in place??)

I've really enjoyed reading your report and am sad it is over. I can't wait to read the next one especially what it is like not going in the parks and going on the Dream.

Hello Heather:)
I haven't been able to get on the boards the past couple of months as much as I would like to have.
I finally finished your TR and it was great:thumbsup2
Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. I really enjoyed it.
I can't wait to hear how the stay at the resort (no parks) and the cruise goes. I'm planning our trip in June and just wanted you to know I already made the ADR at CRT for the $40 french toast sticks that my DD loves. (Didn't know if you would remember my comment about the french toast sticks that I made in your TR when you posted about your meal there).
Thanks again for taking the time - I can imagine how busy you are with teaching and taking care of three children (and then, add the DH-lol) and you are one busy person!
Also, good luck on you masters degree - how impressive :worship:
Take care,
Amy

I also wanted to pass along my congratulations to Amanda for Ed finding a job - great news - and to not have to relocate:cool1:

I've really enjoyed reading your report and am sad it is over. I can't wait to read the next one especially what it is like not going in the parks and going on the Dream.

Thanks so much for following along!:goodvibes We've had a great time putting this TR together....kinda like reliving our trip again. The whole family is really looking forward to AKL. Hopefully we can relax a bit, if that's possible with kids:laughing: Look for our new TR around 'Julyish'. Keeping up with 11 people might prove to be CRAZY!!!! We'll see.....!

Hello Heather:)
I haven't been able to get on the boards the past couple of months as much as I would like to have.
I finally finished your TR and it was great:thumbsup2
Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. I really enjoyed it.
I can't wait to hear how the stay at the resort (no parks) and the cruise goes. I'm planning our trip in June and just wanted you to know I already made the ADR at CRT for the $40 french toast sticks that my DD loves. (Didn't know if you would remember my comment about the french toast sticks that I made in your TR when you posted about your meal there).
Thanks again for taking the time - I can imagine how busy you are with teaching and taking care of three children (and then, add the DH-lol) and you are one busy person!
Also, good luck on you masters degree - how impressive :worship:
Take care,
Amy

Amy, I completely understand the NOT being on the DisBoards....things get crazy busy, don't they?! Wish there was more time in the day.

Thanks for keeping up with us on the TR! And yes, I remember your comment:rotfl: So glad you'll be able to get those $40 French Toast Sticks...what a deal!:laughing: The things we do for our children! Of course you know I love CRT...as my DH would say, "it's all about the experience!"

Also, thanks for the well-wishes on my master's degree. It's something I've been putting off for years. After much prayerful consideration, we decided it was the right thing to do. I'm not getting any younger, right?! :laughing: My 40th b-day will be here very soon!

Hope to 'see' ya around on the DisBoards. Would love to hear about CRT!!

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter