3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

So, are you done with school yet? :teacher: since you start soooooo early I figure you must be. Have you gotten to the POR part of the trip yet? It's almost time for the next one isn't it:rotfl2:
I leave Aug 7 for Florida and make it up to wdw aug 17. Of course you'll prob be back to school by then. But we will agree not to utter THAT :crazy2: word thru the summer till Sept when I have to go back :rolleyes1.

Where's is that Heather??:rotfl:

WDWKOOK said:
:sail:

No TR update since 4/6:confused:. Hope you're just busy, Heather and all is well:hug:

Agreed my dear! I'm being impatient...I miss our friend. I figured school was out for her. Hope so..

I'm back!!!! :rolleyes1 Do you believe it???:upsidedow All is well in South Georgia...just tons of stuff going on! Good "stuff"...nothing bad. School is out for the summer, but the kids' activities are still in full swing, and I'm trying to finish up with graduate school. Anyway....the TR will be done by the weekend since we leave for our summer vacation - not Disney, though...Cancun!!! Can't wait for a week of doing NOTHING

Heather,

I have been reading along but got behind for a while. I just went back to the begining and wanted to tell you how awesome the pictures are. Both the ones that you took and the ones that were taken on the Dream. The one in the beginning of the TR of your whole family is wonderful!:cheer2: How nice to be able to have a picture of the whole family together. I take a lot of pictures on our trips and try to get up early and sneak out like you do. I'm not as successful getting out alone as you are, one of mine is an early riser but she has become my partner in crime!:lmao: Hey, we tell the other two..you snooze, you lose!

Hope you are having a great end of school year and looking forward to the summer!

Christine

Thanks for the compliments :goodvibes We used our family picture for the Christmas card. What I didn't realize is that my hair was sooooo red!!!! Obviously I get my hair colored, but I had no idea how the sun affected it!!! Holy cow!! Such a natural color :rolleyes1

Early mornings are great!!! My favorite by far. We leave on Sunday for Cancun. I'm looking forward to some early morning photography. It will be a much different vacation than the usual WDW trips. Relax, relax and relax some more. Notice, though, that my ticker has not changed....Disney it will be in 2014 ;)

Yall enjoy your summer break!!

Also chiming in later than I should have. Back when you first started this thread and posted about your AKL stay I think on the Concierge thread, it really convinced my wife and I to finally take the plunge and stay at AKL, something we wanted to do for years and never did. Your pictures and descriptions really convinced us. Well, WE LOVED IT. We even decided to add on a resale AKL DVC contract so we'll have lots of stays in the future. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Welcome! Glad to have been of assistance in your AKL CL stay;) Isn't it wonderful!! And wow!!! You bought into DVC...now that's love!!! The pool is probably one of my favorites on Disney property...it never felt crowded at all. And of course the Cast Members are so super friendly. That's probably what sold us on AKL....we still talk about them.

Aside from AKL, I still read the DCL posts, even though we had zero intention of taking another cruise anytime in the near future, and if we did, it likely would have been NCL. Well, now because of various happenings, my wife is looking to do some work from home as a Disney TA, and you really need to have gone on a Disney cruise to book those. So, it's not the Dream, but we're on her sister ship, the Fantasy, in September, in the same room category (4C), so now I'm re-reading all those posts again. I might be jumping ahead, but did you do Palo for lunch or dinner? If so did you like it?

Thanks again for putting all the time you have into this thread!

Yay for a Disney cruise!!!!! We tried to do lunch at Palo on the day out at sea but couldn't get it. Was completely booked! And I can totally understand why. It looked fabulous. My husband and I have already decided that when we do another Disney cruise, we'll do Palo for sure. While we LOVED Remy, I think Palo would still be a great dining experience. I say go for it :thumbsup2

So, are you done with school yet? :teacher: since you start soooooo early I figure you must be. Have you gotten to the POR part of the trip yet? It's almost time for the next one isn't it:rotfl2:
I leave Aug 7 for Florida and make it up to wdw aug 17. Of course you'll prob be back to school by then. But we will agree not to utter THAT word thru the summer till Sept when I have to go back.

Yes, Sue....I'll be back in school on Aug. 7 :sad2: :headache: When we get back from Cancun, I'm going to start the POR TR....will give me something to do this summer :laughing:

Absolutely incredible trip report :worship:
Your pictures are VERY nice :thumbsup2
Thank you for sharing.

:goodvibes Thanks! My dad and I love the photography thing....he's much better than me, though. And the camera helps, too ;)

Where's is that Heather??:rotfl:

Here I am!!!!!!!!!

:sail:

No TR update since 4/6:confused:. Hope you're just busy, Heather and all is well:hug:

Here I am!!!!!!.... Can anyone hear me???......I'm not lost....

Joining late in the game, but loving what I have read so far!

Welcome! Welcome!! I've been MIA, but now I'm back to finish up.

Yes, where is that Heather

Right here!!!!:yay:

This is a continuation of Remy Part 1 and 2

Day 9

Remy – Part 3

We previously left off with the 6th course – the Kobe Beef. At this point, I was really stuffed! Even though the portions are somewhat small, there is a plethora of food. I guess if you want quantity, you might want to stay clear of Remy. It’s definitely about quality!! ;)

Seventh Course
Plateau de Fromages
(this course is definitely fitting for Remy….)

They had a delightful selection of cheeses….there was something for everyone. If you’re a cheese lover like us, then you’ll love this course. It was served with honeycomb which was delicious.

DSC_7094_zps314c943f.jpg
[/URL]

The goat cheese is really strong, so be warned!

Now for everyone’s favorite course (or at least mine)…Dessert! As if I needed anything else!! :rolleyes:

Pina Colada

This was absolutely heavenly!!!! If it wouldn’t have been tacky :rolleyes1, I certainly would have asked for another serving….but I refrained.

Then we were served an array of different chocolates…..need I say more?!

Chocolat Croustillant

Three very satisfied guests….

Would you believe that we were served MORE??!! :scared1:

Mignardises (tiny, bite-sized desserts)

At this point, I wasn’t sure how I would carry myself back to the room – we definitely gained an extra 5 pounds each! :sad2:

The Remy experience is just that – a Dining Experience. It’s certainly a night that we’ll remember for years to come. If you’re still questioning whether you would enjoy it or not, you might opt for the “not”. Remember, you have to be willing to sample a variety of foods and flavors, and allow several hours to dine. We were some of the last guests to leave - are you shocked?? :rolleyes1 Would I do it again??? Absolutely!!!

When we returned to our staterooms, there was a small gift from Remy (chocolates – like I wanted to put another ounce of food in my mouth :laughing:) Also, information for our departure was left for us to read.

And so it finally hit me……in just a few hours, the cruise will be over!!!! :sad1: I couldn’t believe it. Bill and I kept saying, “we should have done the 7 day!” What were we thinking??!! We were exhausted, sad, excited, confused, in disbelief, etc. !!

Up next…breakfast at Animator’s Palate and saying Good-Bye

You are spot on about Remy. It truly is an experience. I loved it so much I booked a cruise in October just to have my birthday dinner at Remy (and I thought V&A was a splurge! :rotfl: )

What a let down to come back to departure instructions!

Jill in CO

:cheer2: another update!!! Looks like an amazing dinner.
I just came home from a Dis meet here! Mickey T and his charming wife went on the Alaska Cruise so I met them for dinner. Fun time. The Magic I think? It was exciting seeing the ship. We stood on the pier to watch it sail.

Yay! I am still here....glad you are back!:coffee:

Thanks :goodvibes Good to "see" you again! Hope all your family is well!

:wave2: hi Heather! Have a fabulous time in Cancun!!!

Thanks a million!!! I might want to start packing....haven't even thought about what to take. Lots to do between now and Saturday!!!

You are spot on about Remy. It truly is an experience. I loved it so much I booked a cruise in October just to have my birthday dinner at Remy (and I thought V&A was a splurge! :rotfl: )

What a let down to come back to departure instructions!

Jill in CO

:laughing: You're right! That is a splurge....but one that will be well worth it:thumbsup2 Bill and I were just talking about V&A last night...I'm so ready to do that again. Stephen- DS11- wants to try it, but he's going to have to wait until he's a bit older so he can appreciate the experience. Have you done Palo's? So wish we had tried harder to get that ressie :rolleyes:

:cheer2: another update!!! Looks like an amazing dinner.
I just came home from a Dis meet here! Mickey T and his charming wife went on the Alaska Cruise so I met them for dinner. Fun time. The Magic I think? It was exciting seeing the ship. We stood on the pier to watch it sail.

Fun!!! Always exciting meeting up with fellow Dis'ers!! That's what y'all need to do....the Alaskan cruise:thumbsup2 Look how close you are! Or, you could just do the Land & Sea in FL??!!!
(can you believe I actually made another post???) ;)

Heather

:laughing: You're right! That is a splurge....but one that will be well worth it:thumbsup2 Bill and I were just talking about V&A last night...I'm so ready to do that again. Stephen- DS11- wants to try it, but he's going to have to wait until he's a bit older so he can appreciate the experience. Have you done Palo's? So wish we had tried harder to get that ressie :rolleyes:

Heather

I have done Palo a bunch. Love it! It's more high-end Italian restaurant rather than dining experience. Love the souffle there!

Jill in CO

Oh my goodness! the cheese and dessert courses look amazing!!! This has me rethinking things, I just need to ask a chef if they could do a vegetarian option for us.

Thanks :goodvibes Good to "see" you again! Hope all your family is well!

Thanks a million!!! I might want to start packing....haven't even thought about what to take. Lots to do between now and Saturday!!!

Fun!!! Always exciting meeting up with fellow Dis'ers!! That's what y'all need to do....the Alaskan cruise:thumbsup2 Look how close you are! Or, you could just do the Land & Sea in FL??!!!
(can you believe I actually made another post???) ;)

Heather

Did the Alaska Cruise, on the Regal Princess years ago with my mom!

I have done Palo a bunch. Love it! It's more high-end Italian restaurant rather than dining experience. Love the souffle there!

Jill in CO

It's a must-do for us next time. I probably should have really tried to get a ressie..... oh well, hindsight is 20/20 ;)

Oh my goodness! the cheese and dessert courses look amazing!!! This has me rethinking things, I just need to ask a chef if they could do a vegetarian option for us.

They have to accommodate for that, wouldn't you think? I bet they do. Doesn't hurt to ask :teeth:

Did the Alaska Cruise, on the Regal Princess years ago with my mom!

Hmmmm.... so I guess the Disney Alaskan cruise isn't an option :laughing:

Hope your surgery goes well today, Sue. I'll be praying for a quick recovery :goodvibes

Day 10
The Last Morning….

It has finally arrived – our last day, our last morning aboard the Dream. Gosh… it’s almost sad typing those words! As anyone who knows and loves Disney, last days are such a drag and so depressing (if that’s the right word???)

When I woke up and looked out on the verandah, I saw beautiful skies. The next guests to board the Dream were going to have wonderful weather!

The unloading was already in full swing !

I sat on the verandah for a while – snapping pictures of course – and something hit me. Instead of feeling so gloomy about having to leave, I should be extremely thankful that I was able to enjoy a week with my awesome family! What a GREAT trip!!!

… and there our chariot awaits to take us home….in the parking garage. We can actually see the Ferrari Van :car: (which I no longer have, by the way ) from our balcony.

Just a couple of port shots….

Wow! The bus is already pulling in to take people away! Yikes….we really do have to leave!!! One thing I didn’t realize until the end of our trip…our time for departure/breakfast was later because we had the later dining rotation. This was a good thing because we were actually able to enjoy breakfast together, and we didn’t have to get up so early.

Ok….time to wake up the kids and pull myself together! Jesse hasn’t fully grasp the concept that today is the last day…. He’s still smiling…

All of our luggage had to be outside of the stateroom the night before – or whatever luggage we didn’t want to lug behind us to breakfast.

Notice Jesse isn’t smiling as much….the departure blues are setting in.

As I look over at Jesse, he’s gazing at the Mickey picture and talking to it. I have absolutely no idea what he’s saying. When I asked Jesse, he said… “just talking to Mickey

Like I said….the departure blues are setting in….

On our way to breakfast…

I knew that when we had to say good-bye to Ivy and Jonah, it would be less than merry.

It appears the children are begging for food – like we haven’t had a thing to eat all week.

Some folks like to grab something quick and head off the ship, but not us! I was going to get my money’s worth if it killed me…. Didn’t want to disembark until we absolutely had to!

Apparently most people did the quick grab-n-go breakfast….the place was empty!!!

And this guy was simply the best!!! He was GREAT with the kids….even when they were less than lovable.

Ok….we are smiling…this is good.

And one last picture of our fabulous wait staff!!!

Ok….reality is setting in. I tried to have the “thankful for this trip” attitude but it quickly disappeared. We had to say our good-byes to my sister’s family. Not a happy moment. :(

We couldn’t get pictures in the baggage claim/customs area. But all went very smoothly! It was actually a fairly quick process and very orderly. We grabbed a young man – not just any random young man – to help us with our bags.

Notice Bill talking his ear off! The guy was apparently from Orlando (where Bill grew up) and loved fishing as much as Bill.

And there she sits….the Ferrari Van! Raring to go!

Is this not a glorious site??!! Can't wait until our next cruise!!!! (not sure when that will be)

Well folks… that about does it! Our 2012 Summer Vacation trip report is finally complete (after an entire year)! Thanks for being a part of our family adventures and allowing us to share a small portion of our lives with y’all.

As Mickey always says……

Until next year…..
Heather & Family :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter