3 days park vacation with 11 month old, which parks?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Princess2R, Aug 9, 2018.

?

3 park days?

1. 2 mk 1 ak

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 1 epcot 1 mk 1 ak

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Park hop to mk after epcot plus 1mk 1ak day but ph tickets cost $100 more

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Other :-)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Princess2R

Princess2R Earning My Ears

I'm considering skipping epcot to get 2 mk days

I'm so bummer to be having such a " short" vacation

I wouldn't be upset having 2 mk days & 1 ak day.
    There is the option of rope dropping epcot and going to mk after but since its only 3 days, every park I go to is going to be $100 added to my ticket.
    So a 3 day park hopper will run me 400 ish.

All the good pricing with the tickets come after 4 days so I'm trying to make the best of it with the days we have.

2. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

I voted for other. I would just pick the parks you most want to visit. We took my DS right when he turned 1 and he enjoyed everything we did, so I would just pick the parks you, personally, want to do most.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MrsJanmik

MrsJanmik Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom (basically the zoo part) have the most to do for that age, but this comment is spot on. Maybe depends on how often you go to Disney/when you will be back. If you are someone who has been before/frequently maybe focus on what the baby might most like. If not, just pick what you want to do.

jacknsally19 and PollyannaMom like this.
  5. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

I voted 1 day at each - MK, AK, and Epcot, because that would have been my own family's choice at that age.

I couldn't not take the baby to MK if I was there, but aside from that, I'd go with the "whatever you like is bonus for him" theory. He really won't know any better! - So include whatever your and your DH's favorites are as well.

6. Crystal824

Crystal824 DIS Veteran

I voted for Other. I agree with the PP. Do the parks you want to do and don't worry about what the baby will like at this point. In the future, you will have to take his/her opinions into consideration (at least I do- my older two, now 8 and 4 have strong opinions on what we should and shouldn't do at WDW).

I've taken all my babies (3 of them) to WDW around that age. At 11 mo., they will be happy with anything. They will enjoy watching the people and the surroundings, etc. and just being with you. Do the parks you most want to do.

Magical2017, PollyannaMom and sponica like this.
  7. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

Even at 20/21 months, I did what I wanted....and really the one thing my daughter loved was climbing on every park bench she saw....could have taken her to a bus station.

8. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

Personally I would pay extra for a park hopper especially if it's for a trip that short, just so I could make the most out of it. But that's just how we are, we're very go go go with little time for breaks!

Magical2017 likes this.
  9. ENJDisneyFan

ENJDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Another vote for "other". As PPs have said, the 11 month old will enjoy the sights and sounds at any park. I would do what YOU want to do.

10. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

Not sure the 11 month old is going to get much out of anything regardless of what you pick. I suggest picking what you like and make sure you're able to rest easily and relax and enjoy yourself.

Magical2017, Catvondita and tjmw2727 like this.
  11. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

My kids are grown but imho with a baby I would pick the parks you most enjoy and have a great vacation. If you want to stroll the world showcase with baby in PJ's one night do this. If you want to see the new TSland at HS one day, do this, if you want to stroll the AK and see lots of animals and shows do this.

Next trip when she is a toddler/preschooler/grade schooler then it will be all about her but until then she just wants to be with you and if your happy she's happy:)

ps if you want pictures the WS is a great place to take character pictures in the respective countries with great backgrounds and generally less wait times than at MK......

PollyannaMom, sponica and Princess2R like this.
  12. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

My daughter was 2.5 her first trip. She still remembers a bit of it at 5 yo now.

PollyannaMom likes this.
  13. OhDannyBoy

OhDannyBoy DISdad #850

I can't stop laughing at this. LOL

I just picture my DD doing exactly the same thing.

Princess2R and sponica like this.
  14. sponica

sponica DIS Veteran

Nothing beats traveling 1300 miles to climb on park benches!

But she loved the trails in AK, she liked walking through world showcase. We really didn't spend a ton of time in MK because I find it overwhelming during the day (strollers galore).

Princess2R and OhDannyBoy like this.
  15. NYCgrrl

NYCgrrl DIS Veteran

Go to whatever parks you prefer since baby will like wherever you are.

16. Magical2017

Magical2017 Mouseketeer

Another vote for pick what you want. At that age, there are so many sights, sounds, and smells that will stimulate your baby, it really does not matter. Have fun!

PollyannaMom likes this.