3 Days 3 Resorts over Presidents Weekend

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Last weekend we did a 3 resort trip - given it was Presidents weekend it was the only way we could go; it was myself, my wife and my 13 year old son.

Stayed at AKL-Kidani studio savannah view the first night; second night BWV one bedroom standard view and finally the GF one bedroom lagoon view.

Here are some takeaways and thoughts

1. Did online check-in and that was great as we got texts each day with our room number; made the process really easy.
2. Rule of the trip was pack light - and the transfers between each resort was flawless
3. We dined at each resort (scheduled this way) - Sanaa was good, Beaches and Cream ok and Narcooses was outstanding. Narcooses was honestly one of the best meals/experiences as a couple at WDW ever.
4. We were GF snobs - no more. GF resort was fabulous; the best burger of the entire trip was the Beaches pool bar at GF.
5. My wife loved BWV; as did my son. It could be the new favorite and could see me adding some points there. Just a great resort and loved the convenience. The room there was a little dated but gorgeous.
6. The AKL studio was bigger than one I stayed at BLT. Part to layout but just is bigger.

Not having a room during the day was strange but we got in at or before 4 each day. Part of the fun was getting to open the door on a new to us resort Friday and Saturday. Have a new life goal - GV at GF for my retirement.

Last weekend we did a 3 resort trip - given it was Presidents weekend it was the only way we could go; it was myself, my wife and my 13 year old son.

Stayed at AKL-Kidani studio savannah view the first night; second night BWV one bedroom standard view and finally the GF one bedroom lagoon view.

Here are some takeaways and thoughts

1. Did online check-in and that was great as we got texts each day with our room number; made the process really easy.
2. Rule of the trip was pack light - and the transfers between each resort was flawless
3. We dined at each resort (scheduled this way) - Sanaa was good, Beaches and Cream ok and Narcooses was outstanding. Narcooses was honestly one of the best meals/experiences as a couple at WDW ever.
4. We were GF snobs - no more. GF resort was fabulous; the best burger of the entire trip was the Beaches pool bar at GF.
5. My wife loved BWV; as did my son. It could be the new favorite and could see me adding some points there. Just a great resort and loved the convenience. The room there was a little dated but gorgeous.
6. The AKL studio was bigger than one I stayed at BLT. Part to layout but just is bigger.

Not having a room during the day was strange but we got in at or before 4 each day. Part of the fun was getting to open the door on a new to us resort Friday and Saturday. Have a new life goal - GV at GF for my retirement.
Good for you! I am glad it worked. We enjoy Narcooses a lot, too!

Serious at a BWV add-on now
Oh my, that's how it starts. Would it scare you to know we have 8 home resorts? The majority of our bookings are made 11-10 months out, but we do augment some under 7 months. We are retired and often cruise, not with points, but going to FL for cruising, we tend to stay at WDW or VB before or after.

Aulani is one we do not own at, but it is one we come home from and begin planning another trip. I hope we continue to have 7 month success there.

What a great long weekend. Were you lucky enough to in any of the rooms in the early afternoon?
BTW, addonitis is very contagious, every time we really like a resort it is hard to resist. Sometimes I think we have avoided returning to some resorts because of that.

What a great long weekend. Were you lucky enough to in any of the rooms in the early afternoon?
BTW, addonitis is very contagious, every time we really like a resort it is hard to resist. Sometimes I think we have avoided returning to some resorts because of that.

We did get early resorts at AKL and BW - not so at GF which ironically we could have really used. Just back from SSR - and I missed BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!