3 day fans! Post your tips here!

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
It looks like we will be taking a 3 day cruise in the near future. The schedule of Thursday- Sunday appeals to us as does the price.

Sooooooooooo how can we make the most of our short time on the boat.... Our kids will be 5, 4, and 1 at the time of sailing.... first time cruisers!

I would say first of all, try to be on the boat as early as possible. I think this will give you some extra time to get to your room and then find your way around the ship. We didn't get to board as early as we had planned, so by the time that we did board there wasn't much time until the safety drill. So it seemed like by the time that we actually found our way around the ship and knew which way we were going, it was time to go!

My best tip...next time book a 7 night :teeth: . There is noooo way you will be able to do everything that you want to do. Just not enough time. Figure out what is most important to you and then do those things. Things you missed can be saved for the next time!!!

wdwmom2 said:
My best tip...next time book a 7 night :teeth: . There is noooo way you will be able to do everything that you want to do. Just not enough time. Figure out what is most important to you and then do those things. Things you missed can be saved for the next time!!!

We were booked on the May transitution cruise.... 14 glorious nights... but DH could not get the time off.... and I FORGOT TO CANCEL before the 90 day mark!! Soooooo now we have to apply our deposit to another cruise or loose it.

Since all of DH's Vacation time is allocated, we have to take a quicky trip. 3 days suck compared to 14, but it is the world compared to none...

Don't go off board to nassau, I really didn't like it, Maybe spend an hour just to say you have been there but get back on board and do some of the ships activities. we spend sometime on nassau so we miss alot of activites.

another thing after this cruise if you like it, Go on a seven day. You will love it too much and you will always go on seven days after that. unless you want a disney cruise fix you will go on a four or three day....

I agree with not getting off in Nassau, especially given the ages of your children. We've done 3 3-night cruises on DCL, and the last one was most enjoyable. We stayed onboard and enjoyed all the amenities of the ship.

We also found that when we didn't worry about Palo ressies, and just ate in the regular dining room, we enjoyed the trip more also. Palo is wonderful, but not always relaxing to get or schedule (again, with the ages of the kids, ou'd need to schedule flounders).

My tip, book the 4 night instead. You get a day at sea on the last day and it is MUCH more relaxing at Castaway Cay when you don't have to rush back to the ship to pack and get the kids cleaned up for the Final Farewell Kids Show (the kids will be up on stage with all the other kids in the Walt Disney Theater). Also, if for some reason the ship can't dock at CC they will try again the next day. The 4 night is the ONLY itenary that offers the day at sea on the last day.

NOW, for my tip for making the most of you 3 night cruise. Get to the terminal early (around 10:00-10:30). Have the kids wear their swimsuits under their clothes. When you board head straight up to the Mickey Pool. They will be one of the few kids in the pool (and that will be the ONLY time that happens on the whole cruise). There will be other kids looking at them jealously because their luggage hasn't shown up at the room yet and they don't have swimsuits.

My girls are usually the first ones in the pool.

If you are hungry, you can get pizza or burgers at the food areas by the pool or you can send one adult into the buffet on deck 9 to bring out food (we are happy with the pizza and burgers).

Having the pool to themselves and getting to go down the Mickey slide over and over again will be a blast.
DJ

No can do on the 4 day...

I like the idea of staying on the ship in Nassau. Thanks!

Great tip about the swim suits!

try to find some time to relax and enjoy. There is no way that you will be able to do everything in three days. Pick and choose so you won't feel so rushed. enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter