3/17 Update Day 13 of our 14 day! DISUnplugged PODCAST CRUISE and a rainy week at WDW

Woo hoo! I fixed Jason's Avatar! Ha ha! This is Shanan posting from Jason's account! I just wanted to look at my handy work that took me almost an hour! Geesh, who knew making resolution smaller for a picture would be so hard! :rotfl: Oh, and I got Jason's 500th post for him :) and to think he started two months before me!

Love the story about the shirt!!!!!!!! That is very much something Joe and I would do as well! :rotfl:

Corn dog nuggets! :faint: Were they as good as Casey's?
I don't know if they were, because I have never had Casey's :scared1:!
I have heard many great things about Tusker House, we have to try it next trip!

The EE/Yeti pic cracks me up! :lmao: :cutie:

Henry is quite into working the buckles on his stroller or any grocery cart - I don't mind, buckle yourself in baby! ::yes:: Now you can't get out!!! He he he! :rolleyes1 ;)

Henry was sitting on my lap earlier when I read this update, he really likes Aaron's hat! I do too! :goodvibes

Maybe I could send it to you! Aaron really only wore it once, and now his head is humongous! If not, I am just going to give it to goodwill:rolleyes1.

Very sweet about the pin case!!! He used his birthday card on you! :lovestruc
I know I am very lucky! :hug:

Love WPE's creme brulee....yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Back in January when we stayed at SSR I ate there TWICE and neither time they had any! :sad2: I had to make up for that in September. :laughing: And perhaps again in a few days...!
No Creme brulee!! What were they thinking!

I have gotten one of those wrap things and while they look good, and sound good, I was less than impressed with mine too. However, the MuShu Chicken pocket or the chicken salad - YUM! Very, very, very good! Crud, I so want WPE right now!!!!!!

Definitley going to have to try those two options next time. Hopefully it will be better!

It is sure hard writing a two week TR!

So bare with me, it has been a long while since this vacation so I am just going to report what I remember.

I think last night after DTD we came back to Pop and packed up all of our things so we could wake up bright and early and take a taxi over to check in at the Boardwalk.

We were able to check in our room was ready! And it wasn't even 10 yet! So we run up to our room! This is the first time we are staying at a DVC accommodation. We were very impressed!
The view from our balcony.
100_3818.jpg

We drop our things and stroll on over to Epcot we want a snack.
It was raining like mad! I didn't want to buy a poncho so I got wet!
I wanted to do an impression of singing in the rain, but I chickened out.
100_3782.jpg

Passing Canada and look what is closed....and none of my friends are here :(. This is where DATW began and now no one is here but Jason and I. I miss the fun! Can't wait for PCC Todd.0!
100_3783.jpg

You can call me Flower if you want to!
100_3784.jpg

Having fun even though it is raining!
100_3785.jpg

This is going to be another Donald Duck picture, but unfortunately my photoshop is corrupted at the moment.
100_3787.jpg

Image65.jpg

We grabbed a Kimmunicator and I wanted to get a snack, when I tried to get a snack our dining credits were gone!
Upon checking into the Boardwalk they gave us new room keys, our tickets were transferred over but our dining credits were not. I called from the international gateway guest services to the Boardwalk and they said they would see what they could do. Well, Jason and I went back to the Boardwalk and they dug our cards out of the trash got the dining credits of them and gave us new cards. Yay! Crisis averted! And we ran back up to our room to change my shoes. My Crocs were pretty warn down and I was sliding all over the place, but I probably shouldn't have changed into tennis shoes! I stopped at the shop at the International Gateway and bought an umbrella (just in case, plastic ponchos at Disney are about 8? and the umbrella was 9..and the umbrella lasted a lot longer than the poncho.) It was really raining!
100_3791.jpg

Time for lunch! Tangerine Cafe, Jason isn't as adventurous as me so he is eating in America. We are going to eat alone, but I decide to walk over to America and meet him there. I wanna eat with him! I got the Shawarma Platter - served with side of hummus, tabbouleh and Tangierine CousCous salad with fresh Moroccan bread
Chicken & Lamb $13.95. This is a great way to spend a counter service credit and it was pretty good too!

100_3790.jpg

After lunch we went and rode Test Track and probably some other rides in Future World.
Image66.jpg

We started our Kim Possible Mission in Norway and a Photopass Photographer was in the shop we were suppose to go in, so we took advantage of the opportunity. When it rains you rarely ever see Photopass Photographers out, and it has happened a lot this trip that I wanted to get a picture or two taken, but we were in such a hurry to get where we needed to be that later on when we had time, it was raining.

The expression on Jason's face just cracks me up!
Image71.jpg

Image72.jpg

We did the mission in Norway and the mission in China and we were getting sick of being out in the rain, so we decided to head back to BW!
100_3792.jpg

We dried out and went online (hadn't done this in 12 days!) and.....TOOK A NAP!! This is Day 12 of our trip...we are allowed to take Naps right? It was nice we left our balcony door open and listened to the falling rain and fell asleep! Will we wake up for our ADR at Chef's?

We didn't set the alarm when we were taking our nap! And we wake up and look at the clock and it is 6:45 our reservation is for 7! We will never make it in time!

Oh wait....we are already at the Boardwalk! We bolt out of the room and run through the rain and make it to Chefs with 5 minutes to spare!

We wait for our table a bit out under the awning and people are coming for their ressies just drenched!

We are seated and we order drinks. I get a Orangina - French orange soda - $3.95...it was just ok....I also ask for a water and the waiter brings out Perrier Sparkling Water - Large 750 ml $5.95 :scared1:...I just wanted a tap water!:sick: I guess you can't get that in France..or you must specify!

Lots of people rave about the French Onion Soup so I order this.
Soupe a l'oignon gratinee - The classic onion soup topped with Gruyere cheese. - $5.95
100_3793.jpg

(it was just ok...nothing to write home about)

Jason and I still have a dining credit left (remember the whole fiasco from this morning?) so we are using our last dining credit on this meal.
We both order the Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with black pepper sauce, original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans. - $31.95 I love pepper and Jason does too! this sounds sooo good!

and it looks soooo good too!
100_3794.jpg

...but it was not so good...it tasted a step above Applebee's....for $32 I think I will go to Applebee's next time for $10!

People still rave about the price fixe lunch menu there...I think I will give it another shot.

Time for dessert!
Jason of course gets Creme Brulee - Vanilla creme brulee served with a madeliene. - $7.25 (He loves this stuff!)

100_3796.jpg

I ordered
Croustillant feuillantine, douceur au chocolat, glace noix de coco, tartare de berries - Crispy cake with chocolate milk mousse, coconut ice cream and berries marinated in rum and lemon juice $7.25

100_3795.jpg

Dinner was just ok...after dinner we had perfect timing for illuminations! After DATW and Jaime explaining to me what Illuminations Reflections of Earth actually means...the show meant so much more to me. We went up to the rail and waited for the show to begin. There was a landing below where we were standing and a bunch of people that seemed to know each other were all mingling with one another. I was wondering if this was another internet fan sites night of DATW...or something similar. It made me miss my new found friends, but at the same time appreciate the quiet relaxing night with just my husband and I! :love:

After Illuminations we headed back to the room and had a relaxing evening and I got to get caught up with the internet world! :lmao:

Here is a video of a tour of our room at BWV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv6NUYHVaSw

I finally got back here to read! 2 updates! :yay:

This is such a cool picture, it looks like you are the only one there, and you can't tell at all that it's EPCOT! It sincerely looks like you are in some little town!

This is going to be another Donald Duck picture, but unfortunately my photoshop is corrupted at the moment.
100_3787.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I got the Shawarma Platter - served with side of hummus, tabbouleh and Tangierine CousCous salad with fresh Moroccan bread
Chicken & Lamb $13.95. This is a great way to spend a counter service credit and it was pretty good too!

100_3790.jpg

Droooooooooooool. I loved this when I had it! YUM, YUM, YUM!

Very cute!

Oh wait....we are already at the Boardwalk! We bolt out of the room and run through the rain and make it to Chefs with 5 minutes to spare!

LOVE THAT! :thumbsup2

Sorry to read your meal was just okay though! But, it was dry and with your hubby, right? :goodvibes

Here is a video of a tour of our room at BWV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv6NUYHVaSw

Great tour! I never realized that there is both a couch and a bench in the Studios, I like that. I love your view too...so pretty!

I am going to get another chapter up tomorrow! Our second to last day Finally!

:confused3 ;)

I know sorry! I am neglecting this...as I think you are my only reader...but I promise to finish it soon! Thanks for still reading! :).:surfweb: I am beat today though! I worked 10 hours and now I just wanna rest and check up with all the savings blogs I have been following. I hope you forgive me! :rotfl:

I finally got back here to read! 2 updates! :yay:

This is such a cool picture, it looks like you are the only one there, and you can't tell at all that it's EPCOT! It sincerely looks like you are in some little town!

Yeah, I didn't even think of that! I love WS before it opens!

Droooooooooooool. I loved this when I had it! YUM, YUM, YUM!
As you can see, mine was a little wet after walking it from Morocco to America in a Monsoon!

Very cute!

LOVE THAT! :thumbsup2

Sorry to read your meal was just okay though! But, it was dry and with your hubby, right? :goodvibesOh yes! It was great to be with him! We were a little groggy as we just really woke up!

Great tour! I never realized that there is both a couch and a bench in the Studios, I like that. I love your view too...so pretty!
:confused3 ;)
Yeah I love BWV! I like the tour that Jason takes of our stateroom more! It cracks me up when he films the hairdryer on the wall and he says he doesn't know what it is! :lmao: I never use one...I always drip dry.

Woo hoo! Photoshop is working and I was having fun last night! Here is the picture from Epcot.

JasonnDonald.jpg

We woke up early and strolled over to HS! I could get use to this.

We were there for rope drop, could kinda see the cute show about the couple on their honeymoon driving into the sunset to open the park...and then their was a mad dash to TSMM! We got our fastpass first and got in line to ride. By the time we were through with our 1st ride our fastpass was good, so we got a second fastpass, good for after 12:00 pm.

We headed to the front of the park and did single rider line twice for Rockin Roller and then did TOT! I love TOT and how the drop sequence changes. We headed over to ride The Great Movie Ride...well maybe not, but I did convince Jason to come to an Art of Animation class with me...and we got to draw Mickey!

I was really excited that we were drawing Mickey, because our son's name is Aaron Mickey...yes named after the Mouse. So it was neat that the first and probably only time Jason is going to go to the class we are drawing Mickey! After our drawing lesson, it was time for Lunch!

We had a 11:30 ADR for The Brown Derby. Ever since Bawb, gave his awesome reviews of the Cobb salad I had to try this for myself.

Appetizer...some kind of tortilla corn soup....the menu has since been updated:
100_3798.jpg

While we are waiting for our food to come out our window to get another TSMM fast pass is now open! So I rush over to the FastPass machines...Jason thinks there won't be any FP's remaining, but low and behold there are some still available and the return time is for only 3:30! :banana:

Happy that I got the FastPasses!
100_3797.jpg

I order the Famous Brown Derby Cobb Salad - Made with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives, and cobb dressing. $15.00

Pre-Mixed:
100_3799.jpg

And Jason ordered:
Citrus and herb marinated Breast of chicken - With oil saffron infused Israeli couscous and meyer lemon aioli - $24.00
100_3801.jpg

And for Dessert:
A Brown Derby Original! Grapefruit Cake - Light layers of yellow cake with fresh grapefruit cream cheese icing. - $7.00

100_3802.jpg

100_3803.jpg

I really did not care for this cake....I don't like grapefruit...but Donald really enjoyed it.

Jasonndonaldatbrownderby.jpg

After lunch we headed over to TSMM and rode it for the 3rd time! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter