2nd trip for Just Mom & 2 little boys 6/5-14, Star Wars, CBR, DxDP, Character Meals

I'm in your picture! Actually, the last three. You can see me in the background in your last Eeyore picture at CP. I'm sitting at a table with my chin on my hand. It looks like I'm looking right at you. The baby is sitting next to me. I think we had just gotten seated because it was pretty empty inside and we didn't have any plates in front of us. My dh must have taken the boys to the buffet. I looked through my pictures and I can see your boys and your hat in one of them. I'm trying to post it, but having a little trouble. Let's see if this works...

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq167/jjdra5/disney326.jpg

OMG!! How fun is that!!! I can see you!! CP was not very crowded when we came in. That Eeyore picture was our first picture. I think we waited for the Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger to come by before we went to the buffet since they were right near our table and didn't want to miss them. Isn't that such a neat place?? We were probably in the buffet line together!!! Thank you for sharing your picture. I can see AJ and me!!!

Just catching up. Love the daytime MK parade and show pics. We have never seen them yet. Love the boys shirts on MK day 2. I downloaded Star Wars name DISigns frm Dom but I have yet to try to transfer them to a shirt. I think my boys will love having some special shirts to wear.

How do you find going to early EMHs? Oct hours just came out and I am torn about what to do. Any advice?

Just catching up. Love the daytime MK parade and show pics. We have never seen them yet. Love the boys shirts on MK day 2. I downloaded Star Wars name DISigns frm Dom but I have yet to try to transfer them to a shirt. I think my boys will love having some special shirts to wear.

How do you find going to early EMHs? Oct hours just came out and I am torn about what to do. Any advice?

Dom made some great Star Wars names and designs. I got lots of compliments on the Star Wars shirts at DHS. I'm glad I made them for the boys. I'm sure your boys will just love them!!

For your October trip, I would recommend the early EMHs. The crowds were much lighter overall, and then even lighter for early EMHs. Our Oct trip last year was 10/19-25. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were a level 5-6. We did early EMHs for MK and Epcot. The MK EMHs were awesome. We could ride Peter Pan and Pooh over and over again with no waiting. At Epcot, we did Soarin and then Test Track twice, maybe a 5 minute wait.

Oct EMHs was very different than doing EMHs in June because June was just more crowded. We're early risers so they're great for us. You can get your "headliner" rides out of the way early (like Soarin, TSM, Dumbo, Safari).

For our future trips, we'll always plan on early EMHs at MK, then either Epcot or DHS. Probably 2 early EMHs per trip, because I like to schedule the character breakfasts before 9am rope drops.

Have fun planning!

It's been a busy week, I am just catching up. Thanks for the info on the crowds. I am having so much fun planning the trip! It will be DS3's first trip. He will be 4 1/2 when we go. I hope we catch Star Wars Weekends. That would be a blast for us. My sister bought me the Passporter Walt Disney's planner/guide. I love it! It has place to plan out everything. It even has fold out color maps of all the parks. I am not looking forward to the heat either, but I did not want to take DS11 out of school eary, so 6/5 is the earliest we can leave:sad2: I am just determined to have great touring plans:yay:

Just had a chance to read your most recent update. I can totally relate to the bathroom story. On one trip I'd scheduled Rose & Crown for 8:15 so we'd be able to watch Illuminations. We had a great seat the show was just starting. And my daughter needs the bathroom. All that planning foiled by the call of nature:rotfl: We made it back, but missed half the show. That's the life of parenthood:goodvibes
Can't wait to hear about SWW #4. That is when we were there.

It’s Friday and time to go back to DHS for Star Wars Weekend. Friday has early EMHs so we will start off early at the parks today. We eat a quick breakfast at OPR. The boys had some Fruit Loops and I had French Toast. We got to DHS at 7:30am and there were quite a few people lined up already. We’d do the same thing at rope drop – ride TSM and then get a FP. It’s so crazy the amount of people rushing to TSM at rope drop!!! After riding TSM, MJ wanted to see the Muppets show. He liked the 3D show last year and wanted to make sure we could see it again. It’s a cute show!

Today, we needed to find more Star Wars characters, especially Minnie Leia, as well as finding Russell from UP! First we started with the Jedi Counsel – Mace Windu and Shaak Ti. They were very polite.

IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg

Image231.jpg
Image238.jpg

Ahsoka and Captain Rex were not out yet, so we got to take a picture in the action figure package. The boys pretended that they were Jedi’s in the box.

IMG_2763.jpg
IMG_2764.jpg

Here is a close-up so that you can see the lightsabers that they built at DTD. They were very excited to be carrying them around inside the park.
IMG_2764-Copy-1.jpg

Next we went to find Minnie Leia. Last weekend, AJ had to pee and we had to leave the line, so I’m hoping for better success today. Waiting in line, we had to let a few people go ahead of us while we waited for the switch off of Goofy/Donald to Minnie. We got it timed right and finally got to see her!!! I just love Minnie, her smiling face is just so friendly and inviting!

IMG_2772.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg

Image222.jpg
Image228.jpg

And now a kiss goodbye from Minnie
Image221.jpg

We were next door to the Great Movie Ride so we got in line, which unfortunately was a lot longer and we probably waited 30 minutes. Both boys love this ride now and constantly are taking about it.

Our lunch today was at Brown Derby. We’ve never tried a signature restaurant. This meal would be 2 dining credits. Inside looks like a fine dining place. Our waiter was very attentive and nice. Unfortunately, everything took forever to get!!! About 10 minutes to get our drinks, 20 minutes waiting for an appetizer, another 15 minutes waiting for our food, 10 more minutes for dessert. Not something good for kids – we just wanted to have a nice meal and then leave!! I had the coconut shrimp appetizer, grouper for lunch. The best part was dessert – Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower. It was so delicious, I ate the whole thing and wanted to lick the plate!!! While I thought the food was good, I didn’t think it deserved 2 dining credits. Nice place, but we probably won’t be dining here again.

The UP characters were coming out at 2:10 so we arrived 10 minutes early to wait in line. MJ desperately wanted to see Russell, so I hoped that he would come out and we’d get lucky. Outside in the animation courtyard, they had lots of banners advertising the UP movie, so I took a few photos.
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_2774.jpg

Once again, AJ was not too happy to be in this second picture…
IMG_2775.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg

The UP characters started to come out and YEAH!!!!! There’s all 3 – Russell is here!!! OMG, we are just so thrilled. MJ has an ear to ear grin!!! The little girl in front of us had a yellow Dug stuffed animal. They put it on the floor and the Dug character went wild, getting on the floor sniffing at it. That was fun to see.

MJ is just all smiles as it’s now his turn to meet Russell, Dug and Carl.
IMG_2778.jpg
Image240.jpg

Image241.jpg
Image242.jpg

The wall background was beautiful. It had Kevin the big bird and the house with all the balloons. So awesome for taking pictures. Look at Russell doing the crossed hands Wilderness call!!
IMG_2785.jpg
Image243.jpg

I was so happy that all 3 characters were out. Meeting them was the highlight of MJ’s trip. All week, they have been reciting the lines when Russell meets Carl (Good afternoon, my name is Russell and I am a Wilderness Explorer……)
Image247.jpg

I was 2:45pm, and had to decide if we should leave the park to go home and swim, or stay to see the parade since it was so close. The boys seemed to be OK, so I thought we’d give the parade a try.

So, next up, pictures of the Block Party Bash parade.

Your pictures of the UP characters are so adorable! My kids had no interest in meeting them (probably because we haven't seen the movie yet.) All they wanted to do in Animation is play on the computers:rotfl: Loving your report.

It's been a busy week, I am just catching up. Thanks for the info on the crowds. I am having so much fun planning the trip! It will be DS3's first trip. He will be 4 1/2 when we go. I hope we catch Star Wars Weekends. That would be a blast for us. My sister bought me the Passporter Walt Disney's planner/guide. I love it! It has place to plan out everything. It even has fold out color maps of all the parks. I am not looking forward to the heat either, but I did not want to take DS11 out of school eary, so 6/5 is the earliest we can leave:sad2: I am just determined to have great touring plans:yay:

I think planning the trip is just as fun as being there!!! I think you'll be OK getting there on 6/5 like we did. The crowds that first weekend in June weren't as bad as I thought. A good touring plan is a must!! :thumbsup2

Just had a chance to read your most recent update. I can totally relate to the bathroom story. On one trip I'd scheduled Rose & Crown for 8:15 so we'd be able to watch Illuminations. We had a great seat the show was just starting. And my daughter needs the bathroom. All that planning foiled by the call of nature:rotfl: We made it back, but missed half the show. That's the life of parenthood:goodvibes

FOILED - that is such a good word! :goodvibes You just know that at some point, you'll hear those word... "Mom, I have to pee!!" And your plans are now foiled.

Your pictures of the UP characters are so adorable! My kids had no interest in meeting them (probably because we haven't seen the movie yet.) All they wanted to do in Animation is play on the computers:rotfl: Loving your report.

Those computers are awesome, both boys loved to color in the pictures. If we hadn't just seen the UP movie, my kids wouldn't have bothered with them either. We ended up seeing the movie again a few days after we got home from Disney. I was surpised by how much they loved these characters and how they act out scenes from the movie at home. I just love their imaginations.

In our last 2 trips, we have yet to see an afternoon parade. We always go back to the hotel for naps. Now that the boys are a little bit older, we’ve been able to stay out longer this week. So today will be our first afternoon parade, sorta by accident. I had read that the Block Party Bash parade made 3 stops and that a spot near the sorcerer hat was a good one. Getting a spot was pretty easy. The boys played lightsaber fighting with some boys nearby while we waited.

So the parade starts, and unfortunately it stops well before the hat down Hollywood Blvd closer to the entrance. Our spot should have been down there (or a little past American Idol for the second stop). The boys were confused as to why the parade stopped and why we couldn’t see them dancing. Finally the parade starts moving again, and the last float with Atta/Flick is now right in front of us.

The spot we had was great for taking picture, because I got to see everything as it came around the corner at the Hat, so not all was lost. The parade was very colorful and the music was upbeat and good for dancing in the streets. They had lots of performers that jumped on the trampoline, danced, rode bikes/scooters, jumped rope, threw beach ball out to the crowd, and lots of other fun things.

IMG_2788.jpg
IMG_2791.jpg

The first set of floats was the Incredibles. Frozone pops up out of the box.
IMG_2790.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg

Next set is Toy Story, showing Woody and Jessie.
IMG_2793.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg

Next set was from Monsters.
IMG_2798.jpg
IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg
IMG_2806.jpg

Last was A Bug’s Life. This was the float that stopped to dance in front of us.
IMG_2808.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg

We saw them raise up Mrs. Incredible on the float that had already passed.
IMG_2825.jpg
IMG_2818.jpg

The dancers grabbed lots of kids and had them dancing in the street to the song “Shout”. MJ and AJ got to boogie down!
IMG_2822.jpg
IMG_2824.jpg

The green army man on the floats would lead the crowds singing and dancing. They were fun to watch. And finally, there is Flick saying goodbye as the parade moved on.
IMG_2829.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg

It was a fun, high energy parade. Good to see once, but I think we can probably skip it from now on. Unlike MNSSHP Boo To You parade, that I could watch 10 times a day and love it every time!!

This was our last day at DHS and we had not even seen the Indiana Jones show. One of AJs favorites. Since there was a show at 4:15pm, I figured we might as well stay for that. We’d blown our shot at taking afternoon naps now, so we might as well just stay. So we got a drink and a snack. Another chance for me to get a raspberry lemonade slush – yummy!!! So we got to see the Indy show which made AJ so happy.

Now we can head back to the hotel to swim and eat. The boys got to play with their toys in the room for a while, so that seemed to make them very happy. Sometimes you forget how much they just want to play with their stuff - touring can be so mentally draining. We swam in the big pool, went down the slide multiple times. Got something quick to eat at OPR for dinner. Then to bed at a decent hour.

I got a few shots inside the room in front of the POTC curtain. What a cool curtain!!
IMG_2831.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Tomorrow was our last day at the parks, and then it would only be a half day. I scheduled the pirate cruise at Grand Floridian at 9:30am. But first up, was breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We didn't have a character meal at all today - that seemed too strange.

Great parade pics. We've never seen that parade. We also like mid day breaks so we miss out on the parades. Can't wait to hear about the Pirate Cruise. I seriously considered sending my kids this past trip.

Enojying the trip report. The autograph cards are really cute. I'd never seen anything like those before (but, then again, I don't really go looking on the Creative DISsign board either though). What a fun idea for the kids.

Enjoying all the character meal reviews too. I've only done a couple (breakfast at 1900, lunch at Garden Grill, maybe a few others), but I'm really wanting to try one on one of my next trips. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare looks like a lot of fun, but I'm really leaning towards Cape May right now. It sounds good and the characters look great in their beachwear.

Your boys are so cute...what a special trip for you and the two of them...:thumbsup2

I have a little guy, 6 3/4 (and a dd 14)-it was so funny when I found out I was having a little boy-I wasn't sure what is would be like-there is a 7 year difference between my children...but it has been great...little boys are so much fun...:rotfl:

the big things he much do on our August trip (besides riding all the "mountains" are go to Goofy's for Candy and make a light saber...he's just gotten into Star Wars and would go nuts for the Star Wars Weekend...

hmmm...next time I plan a dis trip (haven't even finished the upcoming one...lol-I want to go for either the Halloween Party or Star Wars Weekend...

Can't wait to keep reading...:surfweb:

Today is our last full day at the parks and this morning we had the pirate cruise scheduled. So lots to do today!!! Up early again, we had an 8am ADR at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Since we had the pirate cruise at 9:30am, seemed like a good idea to have breakfast at the GF too. I had prepared the boys for the Mad Hatter and told them he’d be pretty funny, so I was looking forward to checking out this character meal for the first time.

Once again, AJ didn’t want to have his picture taken at the check in, so we decided not to have YET another meal picture taken. We went through the buffet line and got some food. The boys have their usual – waffles, bacon, watermelon and dry fruit loops. Maybe they got in a bite of banana or yogurt occasionally. For me, it seemed like the buffet didn’t have as many offerings (Tusker House and Cape May have a wonderful selection of food offerings). Finally the characters come out, with Tigger being first.

Now Tigger always is friendly and frisky. And he takes a great picture with his bold coloring.

IMG_2873.jpg
IMG_2848.jpg

Next was Winnie the Pooh. Very shy and gentle, but he gives the best hugs!
IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg

Alice came by next. I had to explain to the boys about her wonderful adventure. They’ve never seen the movie. We don’t have any princess or girly movies in my house. So we asked Alice questions about her adventure and the purple cat. She was wonderful with her proper English accent. MJ thought she was very interesting.

IMG_2856.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Now with Mary Poppins, AJ was not sure what to think of her. He kept his distance and would not speak to her. But he pointed. She asked who made his pretty shirt, and AJ pointed to me. Then I told AJ if he could ask Mary Poppins to please sign our autograph book. But AJ just kept pointing to it. Mary asked if he might use his manners, but nope, just more pointing.
IMG_2862.jpg
IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

Last but not least, the man we’d been waiting for – the Mad Hatter. Oh my, he has a big hat! Our table was in a corner near the buffet, so when he came over to us, he shouted “Have you been bad? Why did they stick you in the corner? What have you done??” He loved looking at his picture on our autograph card. Then he grabbed a fruit loop with the spoon and shot it across to the next table yelling at them “Stop staring at me!!!” He was very funny.

IMG_2863.jpg
IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg
IMG_2865.jpg

Finally, I told the boys to give him a big hug. Mad Hatter started whining “Ewww, I don’t do hugs, yucky!!!!”. This picture is just priceless!!
IMG_2869.jpg

Here are the autograph cards. Now when people ask if the pen they use for autographs makes a difference, you can say YES it really does. We started the week with a black retractable Sharpie – THE best in my opinion for autographs. However, it dried out and I did not have a spare. I did have a regular blue Sharpie, but as you can see, it’s very thick and it bleeds through the back of the paper. Then we bought a regular thick ballpoint pen at the gift shop (because Disney does not sell Sharpies in the parks). And I think it’s just not bold enough. Well, enough about the pens….I just need to ease off my perfectionist campaign!! UUUgh!
IMG_3031-1.jpg

Heading out of the breakfast is a nice topiary of Mary Poppins. Of course, AJ did not want to have his picture taken.
IMG_2875.jpg

With breakfast done, we had about 15 minutes to walk around before checking in for the pirate cruise. We made some pressed pennies and watched TV in the lobby. Finally it was time to walk to the marina and check in. So next up will be the Grand Floridian Pirate Cruise. AAArrrrgh!!!

Great parade pics. We've never seen that parade. We also like mid day breaks so we miss out on the parades. Can't wait to hear about the Pirate Cruise. I seriously considered sending my kids this past trip.

We always take breaks too, and have missed all the parade the last 2 trips. So I was happy to see at least 1 this trip. Someday we'll catch the MK and AK afternoon parade.

Enjoying all the character meal reviews too. I've only done a couple (breakfast at 1900, lunch at Garden Grill, maybe a few others), but I'm really wanting to try one on one of my next trips. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare looks like a lot of fun, but I'm really leaning towards Cape May right now. It sounds good and the characters look great in their beachwear.

Cape May Cafe is a wonderful meal. Great place, good food and fun characters. Their buffet is plentiful!! I know you'll love it!

Your boys are so cute...what a special trip for you and the two of them...:thumbsup2

I have a little guy, 6 3/4 (and a dd 14)-it was so funny when I found out I was having a little boy-I wasn't sure what is would be like-there is a 7 year difference between my children...but it has been great...little boys are so much fun...:rotfl:

the big things he much do on our August trip (besides riding all the "mountains" are go to Goofy's for Candy and make a light saber...he's just gotten into Star Wars and would go nuts for the Star Wars Weekend...

hmmm...next time I plan a dis trip (haven't even finished the upcoming one...lol-I want to go for either the Halloween Party or Star Wars Weekend...

Can't wait to keep reading...:surfweb:

Well thank you! Boys can be fun, and nothing beats a big hug from your little man!! My boys absolutely love their lightsabers, so make sure to do it at either DTD at the Once Upon a Toy store or at the DHS Tatooine Traders shop near Star Tours. You can also have their picture taken where they insert their face into a Star Wars character. They do this at the gift shop as well. They are really neat and my boys loved their picture!!

So far, between going last October for MNSSHP and now June for SWW, my favorite is MNSSHP. The weather is better, the crowds are lower, and the decorations are very festive.

But you can't wait until August gets here, you'll be in Disney pretty soon!!! :cool1:

You are so right about the Mad Hatter picture. It is priceless:thumbsup2 That looks like a fun breakfast. I agree with you about Cape May and Tusker House breakfasts. Those are my favorites:thumbsup2

You have got to tell me where you found Raspberry Lemonade in DHS!! :eek: I really thought this was only available at the Enchanted Grove in Fantasy Land!!!! Is it anywhere else??? Did you also find it in Epcot and AK??? This was my favorite drink!! I'm so jealous that you found it in other places!!! :goodvibes

I agree with you about 1900 Park Fare! It was fun to meet the Mad Hatter, but I thought the food was very limited. I also didn't like the "flow" of the buffet, just an odd line. Our Mad Hatter asked my son where we were from then starting to sing "New York, New York" He yelled "Start spreading.....the cream cheese!" :rotfl: He was so funny!

Looking forward to hearing about the Pirate Cruise! pirate: I have another two years to go before my boys can do it together :rotfl2:

One more thing, Sharpie is the sponser for the KidCot Stations in Epcot. They have the minis. You could have "borrowed" a pen from one of the stations ;) Have your boys made the Masks in Epcot? My DS5 loves to do that.

AJ was finally 4 years old, old enough to go on the pirate cruise now! I booked the cruise when I book all the dining ADRs, total cost with tax for 2 kids was $63.90 for a 2 hour cruise. They got the kids ready by putting on a black life vest, a black pirate bandana on their head, and a name tag. They all looked adorable!

They marched them down the ramp and into the boat. The captain was wearing the purple shirt. There was 20 kids cruising today from 9:30 to 11:30am.

IMG_2876.jpg
IMG_2880.jpg

Image250.jpg
IMG_2881.jpg

The boat was pretty simple, it had a rows of benches on each side for the kids to sit on. Once everyone was in the boat, they sailed away!!! A Photopass photographer went with them to take pictures. I didn’t know that, so it was a wonderful surprise knowing I’d get some cute pictures of them on their treasure hunts.

IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg

The kids were gone!!! I now had 2 hours to myself. I’d been thinking about what to do with myself all week. We’d already eaten breakfast so I didn’t need any food. Didn’t feel like trying out the spa. So the only reasonable thing to do –-- was to shop!!! Alone, with nobody to watch over, nobody pestering you. How wonderful!!

I headed straight to the monorail to MK and planned to shop on main street and to take some pictures. On main street at the railroad station, I went on the second floor and took a picture of the castle. The Dreams show was playing at the castle so it looked a little crowded down there.

IMG_2889.jpg
IMG_2890.jpg

I stopped at 2 photopass photographers and did the Tinkerbell and the balloons add-ins.
Image268.jpg
Image277.jpg

I was trying to think ahead, so I went to Big Thunder Mtn to get fastpasses for us to use later. But I couldn’t get one for the boys since they did not use their tickets to enter the park – Duh!!! But a CM was standing right there with me, and he gave me the 2 FP anyways – that was very nice!!

I walked through AdventureLand so I could get my favorite drink – a raspberry lemonade slush!! How yummy on such a hot day!! I browsed through all the stores on main street, taking my time. Didn’t find anything I desperately had to buy, but I did buy 2 star wars mickey mouse figures for the boys as a surprise when I picked them up. Then it was time to head back to GF to get the boys. I went to take the monorail, but they said they it was delayed, they were changing one of the trains to an express train for TTC. So 8 minutes go by, and we’re still sitting in the train. I did not want to miss the boys, so I jumped off and ran down to take the ferry to GF. This ended up being much quicker!!

From the end of the boat ramp at Grand Floridian marina, I took a few pictures of MK.
IMG_2898.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg

Right on time, the pirate ship comes sailing back to the dock.
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2900.jpg

They gave me a claim tag to get our Photopass pictures added to our card. It takes about 20 minutes after the cruise ends before they are ready, so we added them to our card after our lunch.

continued on next post pirate:

Here are all the photopass pictures from their adventure. They made 4 stops to search for treasure and to eat lunch. One stop was at the Polynesian hotel.
Image255-1.jpg
Image256.jpg

Image253.jpg
Image252.jpg

Image270.jpg
Image273.jpg

Image274.jpg
Image279.jpg

Image280.jpg
Image288.jpg

They provided lunch. It was a peanut butter crustables sandwich, goldfish, rice krispie treat and a juice box. Plenty of water was provided, too.
Image282.jpg
Image283.jpg

Image269.jpg
Image292.jpg

When the boat pulled up, you couldn’t see any of the kids looking out, it was very strange! They told the kids to play a trick on the parents, told them to lay down in the boat and then when they got at the dock, to jump up and shout “Arrrrrhhhh!!!!”. Very funny, MJ thought it was hilarious that they tricked us.
Image289.jpg
Image290.jpg

As they got off the ship, they were given a goody bag. It contained a pirate eye patch, a pirate parrot toy, a black rubbery pirate ball, a treasure chest with coins/beads, 2 colorful rings and a little telescope (all from Oriental Trading Company). They boys loved their bags and played with them all day.

Image291.jpg

The boys said they liked the pirate cruise, that it was fun. I’m glad we did it. If we do it again, I’d like to do the pirate cruise at another hotel, just for something different. I sure liked having 2 hours to myself!!!

With that done, we got back on the monorail to MK. MJ wanted to try to get selected to fight Jack Sparrow in the Pirate Tutorial.

Yesterday at MK, MJ watched the Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial. He did NOT want to get picked to sword fight. Today was a new day, and today he said he DEFINITELY wants to try to get picked. Maybe the pirate cruise got him in the right spirits. We watched the Dreams show at the castle for a few minutes before heading to the Pirate Tutorial at 12:25. I wanted to make sure we got there early to get a good spot. It’s not at all like Jedi Training Academy with kids/parents going wild to get their kid picked. This is much more tame and a ton less crowded (not really sure why).

I staked out the very first spot, right in front center. They only pick 4 kids, and 2 of them are usually girls. They also pick a bigger boy to fight Jack Sparrow in the end. Finally it was time for the show to start. Mack came out to lay down the rope on the ground as the border for crowd control. Then he started the pirate music – Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life For Me!!!

IMG_2910.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg

How can you not love this guy???
IMG_2913.jpg
IMG_2915.jpg

Now it’s time for Jack Sparrow to select his trainees. MJ has his hand up!! He selects a girl first, then picks MJ (Yeah!!!!), then selects another girl. Then he walks around, eyeing the crowd, trying to find the last boy. He ended up asking a boy who didn’t even have his hand raised, he was an older boy. And now a very lucky boy because he’ll now be the one to fight Jack Sparrow!!! I was secretly hoping it would be MJ (yes, I know I’m being greedy!!!)

IMG_2916.jpg
IMG_2920.jpg

Sparrow tells them how they are going to fight Mack. He explains where to hit the sword and then how to distract your opponent and get away if you can’t win. They’ll do 3 sword strikes, and then you shout “Look, it’s the governor’s daughter” and point off in the distance. The tall gal went first, then it was MJs turn. He was very excited to be sword fighting!!

IMG_2921.jpg
IMG_2922.jpg

Then it’s “Look, it’s the governor’s daughter”. Mack turns around to look and MJ runs away!! Bravo!!!
IMG_2923.jpg

Next, they take their pirate oath and pledge to become a pirate and follow the pirate code. Then they invite several other kids to join them and pledge to become pirates. AJ got picked here.
IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg

Mack hands out scrolls for everyone. It’s a pirate certificate!!
IMG_2929.jpg
IMG_2938.jpg

They finish up the show and my boys are both thrilled!! Lots of pirate stuff today. We’re running a few minutes late for our 12:50 ADR at Plaza. I was pretty hungry by now! Thankfully, we got in right away for lunch. I had the tuna sandwich and thought it was really yummy. I got the brownie sundae for dessert. The boys had a peanut butter sandwich and chicken strips. The PBJs are excellent here for kids!! They cut them in the shape of Mickey ears. The Plaza is a pretty good place to grab a sandwich for lunch!!

Since we had a busy morning already, the boys wanted to go home to play and swim. On our way out, I spotted Pinocchio near the camera/photo shot at Town Square. He is very tiny!!!

IMG_2896.jpg
IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg
IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

Back at CBR, the boys enjoy playing with their toys in the hotel room and we swim for a little bit. It’s been wonderful coming home to the hotel and having the room already cleaned for us. I only had to call housekeeping that first time to request early cleaning, and it’s been done well every day. I’d heard rumors about poor housekeeping, but that was just the opposite for us. So far, I’ve really liked our stay at CBR.

Tonight is our traditional last supper at Chef Mickeys!!

Oooh I love the treasure cruise report and pictures. That is so cool that they took a photopass guy with thme so you have pictures of what they actually did. Where else do they offer the treasure cruise? And I love the pictures of the Pirate Tutorial. We've never seen that and I didn't even realize they pick kids to sword fight. Sounds like a great day for your boys:thumbsup2

I may end up taking a trip with just me and my boys next summer and your report has given me tons of awesome ideas! :goodvibes

I'm sad to see your report coming to an end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter