2nd seating for dinner

vick1s

Earning My Ears
:wave: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:
I am a single mom taking 7 and 13 year old daughters on first disney cruise... We just got the ressies, and it says we have 2nd dinner seating. How much should I fight this, and how much will it get in the way of kid's activities or mine? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vicky

We like second seating....shouldn't be any problem with a teen. AS to a 7 year old...where do you live? If not on Eastern time, late might work very well for her.

Second will have fewer young children, in general be less crowded,etc.

On embarkation day, go to where they are making dinning room changes. They will try to get you what you want. Trust me, late dinning has a lot of advantages. Your 7yo may eat with you or might prefer to eat in the club. The teen will want to eat and get going on the teen activities (most likely). I would be asking to be at a "larger" table (especially if kids want to dine and dash), so that you will have another adult(s) to visit with. This is one of the scarry parts of cruising - meeting new people, and it is one of the most rewarding and fun parts of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter