28 January 2018 -> Disney Wonder to the Southern Caribbean!

Husband and I will also be on 7 day and b2b 4 day to PC. We have always been in veranda room but none available on 7 day when we booked so we have ocean view - keeping it for 4 day so we don't have to reorganize and pack. We keep checking availability hoping some of y'all decide to do something else :-).

We have done multiple Eastern and Western (as well as an Alaskan) but never Southern so we are looking forward to new ports.

Does anyone know if there are excursions available in San Juan on the Sunday between the cruises? We will probably go into town for church but have afternoon for sightseeing. With luggage on ship, I don't see need to get back much before sailing time.

UPDATE....we were able to get a veranda room! Cost us another $95 and more points but worth it!

Last edited:
Usually not but with so many b2b perhaps they will add something, they did this in Barcelona when we were there several years ago on a b2b.

Welcome aboard, we had done a Southern on RCCL however these are all different ports with the exception of San Lucia. When DCL first started sailing out of San Juan people were spending the day in Old Town when she docked at the pier across from Senior Frogs in the old port. Reports have been she is docking in the main port recently.

I'm not sure about ours but in the past they have had excursions that day... in a couple months bookings should start opening up and hopefully someone will be able to confirm if that is still the case! Even if they do not you can always set up an excursion through an outside company - several people are setting them up before their flights leave later in the afternoon.

I'm not sure about ours but in the past they have had excursions that day... in a couple months bookings should start opening up and hopefully someone will be able to confirm if that is still the case! Even if they do not you can always set up an excursion through an outside company - several people are setting them up before their flights leave later in the afternoon.
I hope they do that! We are doing the B2B and would definitely like a ship sponsored excursion between.

Count us in! Just booked a room for me and one for mom and her other half. Now I'm trying to talk them into doing a B2B as that is something we've never done. This year's PC cruise spoiled me and now I only want to be on the ship for 2 weeks at a time:rotfl:

:welcome: What a way to start cruising!

Yeah, we debated doing a short, non Disney cruise to test the waters but in the end we figured that'd be a waste. We're big Disney fans and we're not big gamblers so I feel like the at sea days on other Cruise lines may not be for us.

We just did the cheapest, inside room category since we were a bit late in booking.

My boyfriend did a lot of sailing with his family when he was younger and he was really interested in the southern itinerary.

So we just went for it.

Personally, I'm the most excited for Bonaire with their flamingo and donkey sanctuaries.

Sounds like us, we just went for 2 insides and used our OBB to make it even cheaper. 1st time in an inside room but I figure there are 4 stops and how much time do I really plan to be in the room? For the 2 week PC cruise I was only in my room to sleep so I can't imagine this will be different.
Tell me more about the sanctuaries. I haven't looked at DCL excursions yet and those don't sound like something they would do anyways but I would be interested in seeing.

Not to step on the other social media sites planning of the FE, but I am willing to do a group for the DIS people who want it. I can't do the other site as groups of 15 are just to much for a cruise I am flying in for vs. driving like usual. All the info would be through messages here so you would need to have at least 10 posts so you can do that. No strict rules as the FE is supposed to be fun - no spending limit, spend what you are comfortable with - cabin gift vs. a gift per person in the room is up to you - don't need real names unless you want to give them, just use DW(adult F), DH(adult M), DD and DS for daughter/son - ages of kids would be nice - any allergies.
For anyone that checks here, I checkin daily so you can tag me or message me if interested.

Not to step on the other social media sites planning of the FE, but I am willing to do a group for the DIS people who want it. I can't do the other site as groups of 15 are just to much for a cruise I am flying in for vs. driving like usual. All the info would be through messages here so you would need to have at least 10 posts so you can do that. No strict rules as the FE is supposed to be fun - no spending limit, spend what you are comfortable with - cabin gift vs. a gift per person in the room is up to you - don't need real names unless you want to give them, just use DW(adult F), DH(adult M), DD and DS for daughter/son - ages of kids would be nice - any allergies.
For anyone that checks here, I checkin daily so you can tag me or message me if interested.

Hi, I~m willing to participate!! How does it work??

All I need to know is who is in the room, ages of any kids and a room #. It can look like this - HUskiesrule Adult F and Adult M, no kids and room X. You don't have to give me real names.
If you don't want to post the info here, I can do the FE via pm's but you would need to be at 10 posts to use that. Feel free to post here or here:https://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your count up to 10.

Sorry, you asked how it works and I didn't answer! The FE is an organized gift exchange. I've done groups with 5 rooms and groups with 20 rooms. I think 5 - 10 rooms is the best, but that's me. You "exchange" gifts with everyone on your list, so in a group of 10, you give 9 gifts and receive 9 gifts. The gifts can be for the whole room or you can do individual gifts for each person in the room. Homemade or store bought, it's up to you. There is no spending limit, spend what you are comfortable with. Hope this helps.

So...does anyone feel like doing me a favor? I'm starting to go through excursions on the Disney page and decide which ones I want to do. As a first time cruiser, I think I get to choose last. I'd hate to get my heart set on one that is already sold out...anyone who has access already feel like checking and letting me know if any are sold out?

Welcome Aboard OHIO :welcome:

Where in the Buckeye State are you located ?

Haha, better late to answer than never, right? I lived in Columbus near campus (Clintonville) for about 10 years. Recently I moved to Austin, Texas. But Columbus still has my heart.

It always amazes me how many Ohio people are on cruises that we are on. I too lived in Columbus for a time, junior high and high school (Whetstone). Attended most every Buckeye game, which was the Woody Hays era.

So...does anyone feel like doing me a favor? I'm starting to go through excursions on the Disney page and decide which ones I want to do. As a first time cruiser, I think I get to choose last. I'd hate to get my heart set on one that is already sold out...anyone who has access already feel like checking and letting me know if any are sold out?
If you give me a list of excursions, I will login and look for you. When is your check in date? I think silver checks in on the 30th so I will have to look again after they check in to make sure everything is still available. But I have nothing to do for the next 99 days:rotfl:

If you give me a list of excursions, I will login and look for you. When is your check in date? I think silver checks in on the 30th so I will have to look again after they check in to make sure everything is still available. But I have nothing to do for the next 99 days:rotfl:

Thank you :) I really appreciate it. I don't get to book until Nov 14. Perks of being the noob, I guess.

Also anyone feel free to tell me if you've taken any of my choices before and they suck.

Aruba:
-4x4 north coast adventure and beach break
-Natural wonders of Aruba
-Sea and See Island Tour

can't make up my mind yet for that one

St. Lucia
-Soutfriere Island Delight

St. Johns
-Kayak Hike and Snorkel

Bonaire
-Donkey and Salt safari

The only things showing as sold out are for St. Lucia. SL19, SL21 and SL37 - seatrek helmet dive at pigeon island, snuba adventure at pigeon island and the 4 hr. private vehicle(sedan). Everything else shows up like I could book it if I wanted. I will check again, and post here, closer to your check in date but you look like you are ok with your choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter