26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

I think I need to not write as much as it took 3 posts to cover one day.....lol.......oh dear........

Oh you didn’t miss much this year with HHN.......it was the poorest year we have ever seen....

oh nooo...bummer to hear that :worried: We are looking fwd to doing HHN for the first time in years, so hope we're not too disappointed. (But honestly, not having been there in a while and not really knowing many of the IP houses other than shining and a little AHS, we're probably ridiculously easy to please.:D You guys are the real HHN experts, so you're probably harder to impress than us.) LOL.

While I wish you both would have enjoyed HHN more, it still sounds like you had a good time anyway!

True, MVille's food is not as good anymore, I do love their atmosphere, as I'm a big Buffet fan. I like their burgers and especially their Margarita flight.:thumbsup2

Appreciate the time you invest to write such a detailed, interesting TR.:thanks:

Thank you so much........glad you`re enjoying it........:D

Yes we still like the atmosphere in M`ville, it`s a fun place........and cocktails are so nice!!

We did still have fun at horror nights......it just wasn't the standard of previous years.....and you`re correct....so many said the same thing, first timers would probably enjoy it, but I`m glad you are looking forward to it.....I`m sure you'll still enjoy it and have huge amounts of fun there.......

I remember the dragon coaster from years back, at that point there was no potter and I remember it being fairly secluded so we could just walk on. Its a little disheartening that they are not replacing it with another serious coaster ride. I love universal and Disney, but they can be a little too tame.

Yay.....someone else who knows F1!!!

I grew up on F1.......was lucky enough to have family members in the business and got to many races quite young. And loved the fact when I met Tom he was as big a fan as I was...........

Love Kimi Raikkonen........he is such a character......something that is lacking these days in the business........our guy now is Sebastian Vettel and we do like Ferrari.......Vettel was Michael Schumacher’s protege.......now, Michael is our ultimate hero in sports. We first saw him race before he ever hit F1......he was always amazing and to us there will never be anyone’s like him......hence my user name.........miss him dreadfully.

We do like Fernando Alonso too......he is quite resilient despite having no luck last few years and has a good sense of humour about his lack of performance this last few years........but the guy we detest is Lewis Hamilton........can’t stand the guy....and he’s going to win the WDC this year........sadly.

European GP’s are generally good........Spa is a classic and funnily enough our two least favourites are the British Grand Prix and Monaco.........yep, the history in Monaco is amazing but the race is usually quite dull........not enough overtaking apart from a few moments of magic..........it’s a nice weekend but there are so many better races.......

It’s a sad reflection of what it used to be though.......too many restrictions and limits today......we miss the F1 of 10-15 year’s ago........when it really was the pinnacle of motor sport.............politics and money now control it.

But.......Orlando.......yes, coconut shrimp and key lime pie were two things we did enjoy in M’Ville.......and yep, the cocktails are nice!!!!

You must be around the same age as me or younger as I loved the Elm st and particularly Halloween movies came out........they were unbeatable as scary movies..........

Glad you’re still enjoying reading.........:thumbsup2

I didn't grow up liking autoracing. My husband has been a fan for a long time, and I got into when we met over 20 years ago. I grew up liking fast cars though. Everyone in my family is into cars and many had automobile related jobs. We go to the Indy 500 almost every year, but we haven't got to do F1 a lot until they built the track here in Austin. We even camped out in the infield at 24 Hours of Le Mans with our son when he was 3:sad2: Vettel is a very talented driver. I liked him more when he started out. That's true of a lot of the drivers though. They are usually so much more unassuming and humble then. Our son's name is Alex after one of our favorite drivers (F1 a little, but mostly American open-wheel racing), Alex Zanardi. Our other choices before he was born were Alonso, whom we liked a lot at the time, and Max after another American open-wheel and sports car driver, Max Papis. But he looked like an Alex. We liked Hamilton when he first started, but his attitude has gone down hill. I think my favorite driver of all time though, both American open wheel and F1, is Juan Pablo Montoya. I love his attitude, and he's one of those drivers that thrives on the edge of control. He has the fastest hands I have ever seen. Plus, we like BMWs a lot and loved that he raced for them in F1.

Monaco is definitely not a good race for racing, but we love the history and the movie Grand Prix. Spa would be awesome. That track is amazing. Silverstone just doesn't look interesting to us either. I would have loved to see a race at the old Nordschleife at the Nurburgring. We tried to take our rental car on it when we visited Germany the first time, but the track had been rented out. When we went to Italy, we visited the Ferrari museum in Modena and tried to peek through the fence at the track to see them testing. They have the best hot chocolate in the world in the cafe at the museum:)

I turn 45 next month, so not too far behind you. Those movies were so scary when they came out. I used to love being scared. Nightmare on Elm St is still pretty scary. Friday the 13th is just too predictable now. I still love Halloween. Jamie Curtis is such an awesome female "victim". She's really strong, smart, and pretty, unlike most of those obnoxious characters. My son really enjoyed watching it. I like John Carpenter though. We saw an amazing interview with him by Robert Rodriguez on the El Rey network. He had to do a lot of that movie, including the sound track, himself, because the budget was so low.

I love Port of Entry. I don't know why I haven't been in the Christmas shop. We love the Grinch, and I didn't know they had such cool stuff. That is a must on our next trip. Do you ever listen to the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast. They had a cool episode where they spent the entire time discussing Port of Entry and it's backstory. We don't spend enough time there though, because we are usually in a hurry at park opening and are usually beat when we are leaving.

I laughed at your description of a trip to Walmart. I go with a list, and always leave with many more items that were not on the list! I think htey jump into the cart.

Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert ever (I have been known to pick restaurants based on having it listed on the menu!)

I adore your detailed posts, please do not shorten them.

Your report is part of my day, I make my hot tea, log on and slowly read (and re-read) your posts.

I think I need to not write as much as it took 3 posts to cover one day.....lol.......oh dear........
You write as much as you like - we love every minute of it and are sad when it ends!

I enjoyed all the Port of Entry pics. I love theming and background music of that area. Great Hogsmeade shots, as well. I'm very excited to see what is put in the place of Dragon Challenge.

You both looked great for your meal at The Palm. The food looked delicious. Great installments as always!

I remember the dragon coaster from years back, at that point there was no potter and I remember it being fairly secluded so we could just walk on. Its a little disheartening that they are not replacing it with another serious coaster ride. I love universal and Disney, but they can be a little too tame.

Yep, some hair raising coasters would be fun.......but, I’m sure whatever they put in it’s place will be amazignas it’s a large piece of land they have there........

I didn't grow up liking autoracing. My husband has been a fan for a long time, and I got into when we met over 20 years ago. I grew up liking fast cars though. Everyone in my family is into cars and many had automobile related jobs. We go to the Indy 500 almost every year, but we haven't got to do F1 a lot until they built the track here in Austin. We even camped out in the infield at 24 Hours of Le Mans with our son when he was 3:sad2: Vettel is a very talented driver. I liked him more when he started out. That's true of a lot of the drivers though. They are usually so much more unassuming and humble then. Our son's name is Alex after one of our favorite drivers (F1 a little, but mostly American open-wheel racing), Alex Zanardi. Our other choices before he was born were Alonso, whom we liked a lot at the time, and Max after another American open-wheel and sports car driver, Max Papis. But he looked like an Alex. We liked Hamilton when he first started, but his attitude has gone down hill. I think my favorite driver of all time though, both American open wheel and F1, is Juan Pablo Montoya. I love his attitude, and he's one of those drivers that thrives on the edge of control. He has the fastest hands I have ever seen. Plus, we like BMWs a lot and loved that he raced for them in F1.

Monaco is definitely not a good race for racing, but we love the history and the movie Grand Prix. Spa would be awesome. That track is amazing. Silverstone just doesn't look interesting to us either. I would have loved to see a race at the old Nordschleife at the Nurburgring. We tried to take our rental car on it when we visited Germany the first time, but the track had been rented out. When we went to Italy, we visited the Ferrari museum in Modena and tried to peek through the fence at the track to see them testing. They have the best hot chocolate in the world in the cafe at the museum:)

I turn 45 next month, so not too far behind you. Those movies were so scary when they came out. I used to love being scared. Nightmare on Elm St is still pretty scary. Friday the 13th is just too predictable now. I still love Halloween. Jamie Curtis is such an awesome female "victim". She's really strong, smart, and pretty, unlike most of those obnoxious characters. My son really enjoyed watching it. I like John Carpenter though. We saw an amazing interview with him by Robert Rodriguez on the El Rey network. He had to do a lot of that movie, including the sound track, himself, because the budget was so low.

I love Port of Entry. I don't know why I haven't been in the Christmas shop. We love the Grinch, and I didn't know they had such cool stuff. That is a must on our next trip. Do you ever listen to the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast. They had a cool episode where they spent the entire time discussing Port of Entry and it's backstory. We don't spend enough time there though, because we are usually in a hurry at park opening and are usually beat when we are leaving.

Been to the Nurburgring many times and yes indeed the old track is something else!

JPM was another character, sadly too few of them today.......was never a huge fan of his but he was a racer for sure..........

Love most things John Carpenter has done.......he has a gift for sure.........Halloween for me will never be beaten....and yes Jamie Lee is a true legend. I admire her so much in real life too, she’s an amazing woman.

Yes POE is gorgeous......and of course, when you’re leaving it’s a mad dash to beat the crowds.......

Not enjoying the ballyhoo before the start of the GP so far......so unnecessary.........

I laughed at your description of a trip to Walmart. I go with a list, and always leave with many more items that were not on the list! I think htey jump into the cart.

Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert ever (I have been known to pick restaurants based on having it listed on the menu!)

I adore your detailed posts, please do not shorten them.

Your report is part of my day, I make my hot tea, log on and slowly read (and re-read) your posts.

Lol......I love your description of your day......I did read that last line as you made a hot dog........:laughing: should have had my glasses on!

We buy so much stuff when we go anywhere in Orlando, but Walmart is so much fun for us.......many more flavours of things that we get.......and Creme Brûlée is a shared favourite dessert for me......my other favourite is
pavlova......mmmmmmmmmm oh or cheesecake..........And I try and say I don’t like desserts very much......lol......

Glad you’re still enjoying.........

You write as much as you like - we love every minute of it and are sad when it ends!

I enjoyed all the Port of Entry pics. I love theming and background music of that area. Great Hogsmeade shots, as well. I'm very excited to see what is put in the place of Dragon Challenge.

You both looked great for your meal at The Palm. The food looked delicious. Great installments as always!

Thanks so much for the lovely comments.......:thumbsup2

The Palm is definitely one of our favourite restaurants........and yes, can’t wait till it’s announced officially what’s replacing Dragons.........::yes::

THURSDAY cont.........

Quickest shower and change of clothes ever which we had to wait for as our room hadn't been cleaned. I can live without my bed being made, but I wanted clean towels and products.......tried to call housekeeping from the room but it was permanently engaged. So I went down to the front desk to ask if we could get fresh towels and products....I really did expect the room to have been done at this time of day. I went back up and within 10 minutes a young lady appeared with a mass of towels and products and asked rather surprisingly did we want our room serviced.....why she had to ask I don't know, we said no it was fine just the towels.............but again, I have to say the hotel was immaculately clean and most of the staff were very friendly excluding the two at check in........

One of the managers we had spoken to stopped us on the way out and asked how our stay was and I asked if she really wanted to know......she laughed it off really, but asked if she could help with anything........actually there was, we told her we needed a car to take us to JFK tomorrow afternoon around 4.30pm. We had been told b the concierge in the NY Palace that cab drivers wouldn't be keen at that time of the day as it was change of shift........so we asked if she could arrange a car for us. She said yes, they used a company regularly and she would book it for us. We just had to be outside and it would be there. The cost was only $20 more than a cab, plus tip of course.....it would save us worrying about getting there..........we thanked her and headed outside.

So we headed to the pub next door......another local institution that was a local lifeline after the attacks. It was called O` Hara`s......I don't usually go into places like this but again, it was historic. The place was filled with badges of police and Fire officers badges from all over the world all hanging all around every wall in the place.........very emotional again.........but we sat at the bar and Tom ordered a beer and I ordered a white wine........going by the reviews we were unlucky.......we got the unfriendly barman........but, turns out he was sick.....literally........I tasted the wine and it was disgusting.......so I just didn't drink it.....it was a nice place to sit though and incredibly busy with folks from all different walks of life......every walk of life!!! We didn't plan to eat there as Irish pub menu`s don`t appeal to me in the slightest, but the food did look good.

We asked for the check and another barman asked if we could wait while our original barman threw up....he would be back.......the look of horror that stretched across my face must have been visible as he asked if id never thrown up and laughed.........eh just the check buddy and we`ll pay it now.......at this point I told him the wine was dreadful.......he then told me I was in an Irish pub........I was mad......then noticed the giant vat the wine had come from.....yuk......Tom said we weren't paying for it....so he just flung out some random cost for the beer.........and he was annoyed.......sorry buddy, this place might have the heart of the locals and I can see why, but he was the only person in 10 years we didn't tip. I wouldn't go back. Which is a shame as it does get a lot of love.

We planned to wander over the other side of the street and see the Westfield Mall.......it looked so pretty.......but first we stopped off at The Fritz Koenig Sphere.

This was originally the centerpiece of the World Trade Centre.........but though badly damaged in the attacks it survived. Without going into the whole story, it had been in Battery Park for years.......thanks to the efforts of some like Michael Burke who`s firefighter brother died that day it now overlooks the Plaza of the National 9/11 Memorial. Strangely they didn't want it to be part of the display they have in there. It`s bronze and an impressive 27 foot high.

i-jLJ2NHr-XL.jpg

Again, it`s quite a reflective place to be, but not as sobering as the pools.........and it feels right actually where they have put it. I have no clue as to the politics of it, but I`m glad it`s still there as an eternal symbol.

This was a nice place across the street........and strangely enough I had been in part of this building before. I saw the ground floor and realized that in 2013 my niece and I had gone on there with a little tour and they let us take pictures across the street to the then unfinished new tower........so I took a picture to show her.....and we headed around to where the shops were.......

i-ccSCKFC-XL.jpg

i-HBjqX5S-XL.jpg

i-jGzpXBQ-XL.jpg

i-6PK2v7H-XL.jpg

Now this impressed me.........it almost made the Mall at Millenia look dull and lackluster!!! It was sparklingly clean and everything was immaculate.....and it did have some very nice stores. We mostly window shopped but did want to look for something to eat too.......we knew where the food court was but first we wanted to go out here.........

i-q82Rz86-XL.jpg

I was amazed how close we were to the river.....now I know Manhattan is narrow, but I forget just how narrow at times.....and didn't realise the river was just across the street from us.......it was beautiful here........really tranquil but at the same time it was buzzing.......so many restaurants around and places to have a drink and they were full of people.......this was an area that would be so much fun to spend some time.........

i-LqNzM5v-XL.jpg

i-s5tLf7c-XL.jpg

i-Z5XgKHs-XL.jpg

i-h9nfXpg-XL.jpg

i-b8cL4Px-XL.jpg

We sat and had a glass of champagne and watched the changing light over the water.......it was warm and the atmosphere was so nice......we did choose somewhere a little quieter as there was a few bars that were very raucous and we just wanted to sit somewhere we could hear ourselves think a little.....maybe we were indeed getting old......lol......it was almost perfect, and the champagne was nice too.

We headed back inside the mall as Tom was getting hungry now.........unusual for him as it`s usually me......he`s the type that can go all day without food or drink.......me?? I start shaking if I don't eat regularly........I don't know how he does it.......but he was quite hungry........so we started back inside and planned to have a look at a few stores before checking out the food court........

i-8T3QvDJ-XL.jpg

i-RVdzzbW-XL.jpg

We wandered around for quite a while and the food court was indeed nice, but nothing really appealed........what we both admitted we wanted was pizza again.......and a lot of pizza!!! This was my kind of guy...........now I felt hungry!!!

So we set off back through the mall and headed back over the walkway that crossed that busy road and back to the Trade Centre side of the road......we had enjoyed the waterside area and would have spent longer if strangely, we had more time. We did like this downtown area, there was so much to do and see and we hadn't even touched the surface of things we would have liked to have done.

But for now........food was calling........we had seen a few pizza places around the hotel, but one had caught our eye and I vaguely remember someone mentioning it at some point.......but who it was evaded me at this point.......it literally was next to the Essex Café we had enjoyed eating in.....and didn't look the fanciest of places, but there were seats inside and loads of choices of pizza........I do like different toppings on pizza and adore bbq sauce as a base.......something that some regard as a cardinal sin........but, we like what we like.......

Tom went straight to the bathroom as we`d had 2 glasses of champagne......while I checked out the pizza.........I had sat our bag down on a table while I looked......and I turned round to see a guy sat at the same table for four........I thought how rude. But I walked over and said oh I`m sorry I didn`t know you were sitting there......but nicely as I thought maybe I had taken his table and I was the rude one!! He looked horrified and said he hadn't even noticed my bag.......I did believe him, he moved and we began to chat as always. Tom came out of the bathroom and wasn't surprised to see I hadn't ordered yet and was chatting to yet someone else.........

So we looked at the choices and very greedily decided on 2 slices each..........Tom got Pepperoni and Pepperoni with sausage, I went for Pepperoni with jalapenos and BBQ chicken.........oh my goodness they were so good.......I had been tempted by spicy Hawaiian.......it looked lush too.......

i-92kCkxP-XL.jpg

This was lush!!!! Really lush.........we didn't think we would eat all of it.......but apart from a few crusts......we demolished them......and they were big, but by now we were indeed hungry. We got a little bottle of their wine which wasn't great but for $8 I didn't expect much and also 2 bottles of my favourite Snapple...........this was by far one of our favourite meals.........pizza was so good. And as I type this I could just eat them right now.......then I remembered who told me about this place........it was the police officer who I had been giggling with the other morning........he had said we should try it here if we liked pizza........I was glad I had listened to him..........

We were full. So we waddled around the corner back to the hotel.......it wasn't late by any means so we went to the lounge and saw the two lovely members of staff were both working........they were so nice........so we ordered a couple of glasses of wine and decided we would stay here a while......it was a little busier tonight which was nice........we took our glasses and sat outside for a while......it was stunning and there was only one other couple out there tonight......so we got chatting like we usually do.......they were so similar to us it was quite scary.......but we took our usual array of pictures and kindly took each others too..........

i-jpHfQ39-XL.jpg

i-zW7WVPq-XL.jpg

Last one is a little blurry.....I think well, I`ll call him Simon had enjoyed a few more wines than we had......lol.......but it was a nice way to end the evening. We had another glass of wine and thanked the bar staff then headed to bed rather reluctantly........must have been around midnight at this point.

We hoped we would sleep tonight.

So many great pics I've never seen of the area! Do believe whomever snapped that last shot got fancy & attempted bokeh but didn't quite succeed lol.

Shaking head at the infamous NYC attitude you received from the barkeep, yikes.

The luggage issue @ MCO certainly odd. At least your bags all showed up at the correct airport

Laughed when i saw the enormous size of the shrimp at the Palm. Thinking of the scene from the dinner party in Beetlejuice! Just know if i show my better half he will be clamoring to finally try it out.
Love your purple cake...:cake:

I know it was wonderful to finally be home at RPR. I felt the same way when I barely made it to Cabana Bay due to Irma.

Never seen a purple cake either :). Talk about ticking off all the boxes!

I am glad you mentioned Ash v Evil Dead -- my boyfriend LOVES the movies and TV show... I thought maybe we should go this year to HHN because of it, but we were so busy with other things, we didn't. Now I'm kind of glad!

On another note, I played in a tennis lesson with one of my friends, Trina, who is from Scotland. We were all talking in the lesson how we could listen to Trina talk forever. And, it was QUITE windy, so she let out quite a few curse words -- which from her just sound brilliant. LOL. Anyway, I now hear her voice when I read your posts. :)

Carole is typically spot on re HHN, actually in most things I've discovered. I must admit i adored the house, as most fan girls & boys lol, no accounting for taste as they say :). You could probably find a video run thru on youtube by now. did have one definitely 'off' run thru of it, timing everything in that one as really not much meat to it. The last scene alone is my defining moment of HHN this year, a sad thing unto itself.

Sorry to hear that the houses have been disappointing so far. I have not been hearing a lot of good things about HHN this year. It has never been my kind of thing (I am a chicken LOL) so it is not something I would do, but I always like reading about other peoples experiences. I hope it gets better for you.

No, no and no. Your detail is what makes it so great!!

You and Smiling Tom in WalMart.....:lmao:I feel your pain. I go into Target for toothpaste and Charmin and never come out for less than $100. I blame it on cookies.

You're a fast writer! I fell way behind commenting during the NY section, but I've been reading along.

Sorry about your flight situation, that would've panicked me too! I actually spent about a week worrying before deciding to reschedule our longer trip completely, then spent another week worrying about whether our flight would take off in time for our weekend trip too.

I'm just going to quote from this last page so it isn't too long :rotfl:

We did Saw and thought it was incredibly poor.

Saw was definitely my least favorite too.

The theming of this zone was the best of the event.......so much detail......the pumpkins alone were fabulous.

Yes! Loved the pumpkins.

I had brushed up on this before we left, as I thought I was the only one that had never seen the Evil Dead series of movies.

Did you watch the Ash Vs Evil Dead show too? The house was based more off the show than the movies (the movies just provide some backstory). Because if you didn't watch the show a lot of the events and characters in the house don't make sense.

It had a 5 minute wait......no wait for EP then.........so we walked, and we walked, and we walked, and then walked some more.........where the heck were we going..

It was the longest walk ever to get there though.

and this was just too dark.....you could barely see anything.

Yes! We couldn't see a thing when we did Hive.

Our entrees were for me the 11oz filet served medium rare and Tom ordered the Wagyu steak.......served medium......then he relented and asked for medium rare for a change........nice........and we shared as usual the potatoes au gratin.......they are large enough to share........

Yum! We're thinking of going there for Josh's birthday in December, it looks like a good choice.

So many great pics I've never seen of the area! Do believe whomever snapped that last shot got fancy & attempted bokeh but didn't quite succeed lol.

Shaking head at the infamous NYC attitude you received from the barkeep, yikes.

The luggage issue @ MCO certainly odd. At least your bags all showed up at the correct airport

Laughed when i saw the enormous size of the shrimp at the Palm. Thinking of the scene from the dinner party in Beetlejuice! Just know if i show my better half he will be clamoring to finally try it out.

Never seen a purple cake either :). Talk about ticking off all the boxes!

Carole is typically spot on re HHN, actually in most things I've discovered. I must admit i adored the house, as most fan girls & boys lol, no accounting for taste as they say :). You could probably find a video run thru on youtube by now. did have one definitely 'off' run thru of it, timing everything in that one as really not much meat to it. The last scene alone is my defining moment of HHN this year, a sad thing unto itself.

I have to say I did think of you as I was commenting on Ash vs evil dead........lol.....I did so want to love it.......it wasn't as bad as Saw though.......now that was bad........

Yes I think the guy who took the pic was just a little squiffy.....but he was so much fun......my kinda person :P.......oh you have to take your lovely husband to The Palm.....he would love it.........they were so huge!!!! And yep, we were just relieved to get all our luggage in the one place.........

Sorry to hear that the houses have been disappointing so far. I have not been hearing a lot of good things about HHN this year. It has never been my kind of thing (I am a chicken LOL) so it is not something I would do, but I always like reading about other peoples experiences. I hope it gets better for you.

It did kinda get better but more for atmosphere than anything else.......there were some good houses though........oh yep, it`s not for everyone, but it`s so much fun..........

No, no and no. Your detail is what makes it so great!!

You and Smiling Tom in WalMart.....:lmao:I feel your pain. I go into Target for toothpaste and Charmin and never come out for less than $100. I blame it on cookies.

lol.....well since you said to ramble.....I`ll keep rambling.......:rotfl:

Oh my goodness.....I`m the same......and I keep saying I`m not a shopper......but there`s something about America that turns be into a shopzilla person........I do however forget we have to get it all back home......on a plane.....with luggage limitations.......lol.......my poor husband!!!

You're a fast writer! I fell way behind commenting during the NY section, but I've been reading along.

Sorry about your flight situation, that would've panicked me too! I actually spent about a week worrying before deciding to reschedule our longer trip completely, then spent another week worrying about whether our flight would take off in time for our weekend trip too.

I'm just going to quote from this last page so it isn't too long :rotfl:

Saw was definitely my least favorite too.

Yes! Loved the pumpkins.

Did you watch the Ash Vs Evil Dead show too? The house was based more off the show than the movies (the movies just provide some backstory). Because if you didn't watch the show a lot of the events and characters in the house don't make sense.

It was the longest walk ever to get there though.

Yes! We couldn't see a thing when we did Hive.

Yum! We're thinking of going there for Josh's birthday in December, it looks like a good choice.

Oh I`m so glad your trip worked out too......it was quite nerve wracking for everyone wondering if their trips were going to happen.......

Yes, it was the Ash vs Evil Dead tv show we watched, found it on On Demand as we didn't have time to watch the movies......but it just didn't click with us at all.....I got the humour part......but sadly didn't work for us.......but I`m glad some enjoyed it.......

yep, trying to get through this trip report before 2020 so I am getting a wiggle on when I can.........::yes::

Hi! I'm still enjoying your trip report! Great pictures!

I took some time to enjoy Port of Entry on a recent trip, and the little details are definitely fun.

We were at IoA on the last day of Dueling Dragons. We rode each dragon a couple times to say our fond farewells. Have you seen any details on what is coming? I've heard it will be some sort of family (less thrilling) ride; I've heard the area will be Forbidden Forest themed (makes sense); but I have not heard any details. There are lots of possibilities! Maybe a combo coaster/screen ride on the Weasley car racing through the forest with giant spiders, giants, unicorns, centaurs ...

TUESDAY 19th SEPTEMBER..............

We really didn't sleep that good last night........I just couldn't fall over....so woke Tom up to tell him.......what do they say about letting sleeping babies and bears sleep and don't disturb them!!! Maybe I should have kept quiet after all........but it`s what we do......lol......so we were sat chatting till almost 2am.....then I decided I was tired after all.........I think sometimes there`s just so much to be excited about........it`s hard to sleep........but eventually we were both sound asleep.......

Woke again as usual around 6.30ish, I as usual was first in the shower and ready for breakfast before Tom was sorted for the day.......we headed up to the lounge and opened the room door to let the housekeeping lady in......she was smart today....she checked it was ok to do our room and we said yes of course it was fine......there`s not much to do in our room really, but I do like having the bed made and the bathroom all fresh with new towels every day........anyway, we went up to the lounge and had our usual lovely welcome.....it is so nice to walk in to such a friendly welcome.......but we enjoyed our coffee and a real mix of cold meats, donuts, muffins and pastries......I think we had some fruit too......the melon can sometimes be quite hard, but today it was perfect.......we did enjoy breakfast in here. And adding the fruit made us feel somehow we were being a little healthier..........almost!

Back down for our usual sun cream and out........this morning we were taking the boat.......and as usual, the heat that hits you when you walk out the doors we just love........we don't get anywhere like these temps at home.......so we loved every second........today there was a queue for the boats......as in there was 15 or so people in front of us.......and we had the best boat Captain ever.......Rob.......he was so good and so fun with the kids.....he had a little one up front to sound the horn and tell us we would be setting off soon......the kid was thrilled and it was adorable to see........he was so nice too. We got to Citywalk in no time and headed towards Studios.........it`s funny I always say IOA is my favourite park.......but, I actually think it`s now The Studios.......but it`s close between the two......

There is so much going on here now around the park......little shows and entertainers singing.....and Beat Builders of course......so lively and very different from the early days in 07 when there really wasn't anyone around in September.........I do miss that sometimes......

We went straight on Despicable Me........and the park looked so quiet, but I think everyone was in line for minions........it was just after 9 and it was at an hour wait already......this was one of the many times we loved EP.......straight to the front of the queue and only a few seconds till we were in........I barely had enough time to look around.........this ride is so much fun.......but again.....folks who take pictures with flash when they`re not supposed to.......they stopped the Gru talk in the second area as someone kept taking pictures........really!!! Really annoying.......but eventually we got on the ride and it was a bit bumpier than I remembered this morning......of course it could have been I had enjoyed a little more wine than usual last night.......or maybe not......but we only did it once......and I was out so fast the minions weren't around for a picture.......but we had decided not to do that this year........I did see a few things I wanted to buy in the store........but would get them again......

Now onto RRR.........I was a little reluctant to do this ride today as if I thought Minions was bumpy, which I don't usually find bumpy at all, then what would I make of RRR........I love that ride, but thought I`d give it a miss.......I`d take pictures of Tom though.........he didn't ask for the front as I wasn't with him and he got the 4th row...........boy did he say it was bumpy.........so much so he only went on once.....and usually we go on a few times....me slightly less if it`s a little bumpy.......but he still enjoyed it immensely........

i-FnQBbPP-XL.jpg

i-K9vStHw-XL.jpg

I would go on it another day though as I loved it........the climb was terrifying first time I went on.......but Kyle and Tom both assured me I would love it once I had done it once......and they were right.......I did scream for my life first time though........the dvd is so funny to watch back.......yes, they kindly bought it as a memento.......lol......and no I wont be putting it online.........

We headed down and had a little look in the Christmas shop.......passing the central park area and wishing it wasn't a smoking area......it was so pretty and we couldn't ever go in as there were always a load of smokers in there........but it was pretty......

i-prTQb7K-XL.jpg

I was going to the bathroom beside TF and as we came back out the big TF was coming out for pictures........I have no interest in these movies at all.....I`m not even sure what this one is called......Tom did tell me, a few times.......but I forget......I think he`s the evil one?? He was funny though..........and TM`s are always happy to take your pictures with your camera too........

i-5kRVS64-XL.jpg

We came out and went to head back down when Tom was rammed in the ankle by a crazy lady with a stroller.......no awareness whatsoever........and no apology.......as this happened I went to yell at her......the guy who was working the line very cleverly attracted my attention and distracted me with conversation........he had seen her do it and saw I was mad as hell........he did the right thing......Tom was fine of course, but I hate rudeness and she was just rude. But the guy said I didn't want you getting mad.......I think he could see an altercation taking place.....and no one wants that.......but strollers seem to be on the increase now.

We thanked him for stopping me maybe getting trouble for yelling......lol.......he wished us a fantastic day!!! So we headed back down to Jimmy Fallon ride......

He`s not huge in the UK and I don't get him at all......I don't find him funny and find a bit of a narcissist.........and I had watched a few shows so we would know what the show was all about........that was hard but we got through a couple.....found one with Kevin bacon as a guest......that helped......I love Kevin Bacon!!!

But, it was a new ride and we would try it out........the building is impressive and looks good inside too.........

i-MJrqnqx-XL.jpg

We walked straight in the building and it is impressive inside......all shiny and new........and really this could change and work for any TV show.......

i-DksV5XF-XL.jpg

i-nDmfwnL-XL.jpg

i-3Dj7LFZ-XL.jpg

There are some nice displays around as you walk in and some lovely pictures going upstairs......

i-53cmqgq-XL.jpg

i-sNx5xbQ-XL.jpg

i-GgHRc6Z-XL.jpg

i-bxCMqPp-XL.jpg

As we reached the top where there was a little waiting area, we never got the chance to sit down......we went straight through and in to the room where the "ride" was........this took ages to get going as folks were struggling with the seatbelts!!!! Come on.......it`s not difficult to put a seat belt on......the guy doing the voice over was funny, but even was getting frustrated.......he kept saying not long now.........over and over.......that was the best bit of this ride for us.....listening to him........

As for the ride........I was bored rigid. And so was Tom.........and then it was over........I looked at the man beside me and he said to me did you hate that as much as I did.....I laughed and said it was too boring to hate........lol.......

Now, many will enjoy it I`m sure........but not for us. And we didn't go back on the whole trip.........a one and done for us which was very unusual.

We gladly stepped back out into the sunshine.....it really was a beautiful day again.......

On to The Mummy.......this is always a favourite ride.......and again we do prefer the front row, always ask for the front and sometimes have to wait till the next car to get it, but it`s never a long wait........it`s quiet this morning so we get straight on and we have the front row to ourselves.......and we are off.......it feels faster today, but of course it`s been a year since we have been on it so it may have been that......but so much fun......we come off and go straight back on again.....and again........I think we did it 5 times in a row and got the front every time........one of the best rides in the parks with such an excellent theme. I did notice they have the image of Tom Cruise on the wall now as you exit the ride into the store........no. Just no.

This area is nice........nothing spectacular but just very familiar........

i-Cd5TxDX-XL.jpg

And of course home to the best pizza in the parks..........cheap and cheerful.

i-DPhQ7XR-XL.jpg

As we head round to see Potter, we pass what is a HHN scare zone we haven't seen at night yet.......Aliens are the theme here........wasn`t sure about this one......but the detail on the spacecraft was good. It had been damaged slightly during the hurricane, I didn't check to see if they had fixed it or left it as part of the display....well, it would be authentic!

i-7twJvSm-XL.jpg

i-RrXBw3W-XL.jpg

i-wPLmqv8-XL.jpg

I wasn't convince this was going to make a good scare zone.........but we would see that another night.........we turned and looked around us.......The Fast and the Furious was coming next year.......and the building was coming along........this sounded quite a fun ride actually.......

Lombards is a lovely restaurant.......probably the prettiest in the park.......very classically designed and food for us is a hit or a miss........it`s not expensive although the surroundings do suggest differently.........we would give it a miss this year........

i-bQWr5tQ-XL.jpg

The San Francisco Bakery next door though does sell some amazing cakes and pastries.......but we were never usually hungry when we passed it......one of these days we would go back in........

i-XH7mG7n-XL.jpg

i-xftxFXg-XL.jpg

We were headed round to Potter now for a quick blast in there.........we wouldn't be spending long today in this area.........

i-k8prfsk-XL.jpg

Always a joy to walk in to this area of the parks........it doesn't matter how many times we walk in here.......it impresses every time.........

i-NVBz4q2-XL.jpg

i-zWcz8gh-XL.jpg

i-CgM7rBd-XL.jpg

We don't take a huge amount of pictures today, but we do go into Madame Malkins.........you do have to stand in front of the mirror and see if you get a compliment.....or not........

There are some unique items in here, and more recognizable items too........

i-CTbGLxT-XL.jpg

i-st2h8v7-XL.jpg

i-DwgNt5z-XL.jpg

i-krcz7qf-XL.jpg

i-Q4VN3pQ-XL.jpg

i-8twpsMv-XL.jpg

We did go in and do Gringotts........using EP as the regular queue was around 30 minutes.....you still see the impressive bank area inside and that's not to be missed.....we didn't have our camera in here as it went in the lockers.....these don't take long at all......if front ones are busier......simple, head to the rear.....some folks don't think of doing that........but it doesn`t take long to get a locker.

When they scanned our EP today it showed as expired........now, that surprised us, we had barely arrived........she took a look at the date and saw it was Oct 2nd it expired and said we were good to go but maybe get the hotel to check it out........we would. But it wasn't an issue..........

The ride itself is so good........I can get motion sickness on occasions......Simpson`s is one I`ll never ride again........but this one is fine for me. It kinda whooshes you around rather than spinning......which I liked.......and we do like this ride.....the theming is spectacular, like everything else in both Potter areas, the detail is beyond anything you can imagine.

We were done for the day now. We did stop off at Mummy again on the way out.....and surprise surprise our EP showed as expired......oh dear.....again they checked the date and said carry on.......but we were annoyed that it was showing this.......had no idea why it would show that.

So we rode the Mummy once more then headed out of the park with Tom checking just one more time if I wanted to do Fallon ride.......he had the grace to look amused as he did so.......he knew the answer to that one..........

Cont........

Hi! I'm still enjoying your trip report! Great pictures!

I took some time to enjoy Port of Entry on a recent trip, and the little details are definitely fun.

We were at IoA on the last day of Dueling Dragons. We rode each dragon a couple times to say our fond farewells. Have you seen any details on what is coming? I've heard it will be some sort of family (less thrilling) ride; I've heard the area will be Forbidden Forest themed (makes sense); but I have not heard any details. There are lots of possibilities! Maybe a combo coaster/screen ride on the Weasley car racing through the forest with giant spiders, giants, unicorns, centaurs ...

Glad to see you`re still here and reading! POE is beautiful too isn't it.......I think I have far too many pictures over the years of that area......but it draws me in......lol.......

Oh you are so lucky........I would loved to have ridden it one more time before they closed it........but ye, there are so many possibilities of what they`ll do......whatever it is it`ll be spectacular....of that I`m sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter