24 hour pools?

Scooby2002

Mouseketeer
Which resorts have a 24 hour pool. I know POP Century does as we have stayed there in the past. I was just wondering if any other resorts may have one? :confused3

I know this doesn't directly answer your question but I know the times we've atleast stayed at POR and CS. I've jumped in and out of the pool at all hours and no one's said a word. Not sure how many of the resorts are strick on their closure time.

There was word going around that all MAIN FEATURE pools were going to be fenced and then closed at night. But auxiliary or "quiet" pools would remain open.

Right now the only fenced feature pool is Stormalong Bay. There have been a couple of posts about work possibly beginning on fencing at AKL. Not sure about anywhere else. I was just at Old Key West, no fence.

Thanks for the information. i am still hoping just maybe it will still be 24 hours when i get there or at least a pool will. I love a 1 AM swim sometimes! :thumbsup2

We were at OKW in april and rumor was fences were going up around all pool there. Can anyone confirm this has happened.

The main pools have always been closed at a specific time. There are no lifeguards on duty, so the pool is closed. The quiet pools are usually available all the time. If you're noisy or disruptive, you will be asked to leave the pool area.
If I remember correctly, there could be signage at all the pools giving specific hours that you can swim. However, you're usually left alone if you're using a quiet pool...quietly.

I would really like to know of people's recent reports on 24 hour pools on Disney property.

We are at the parks from late morning/afternoon- close generally...we have always enjoyed swimming late at night after getting back to the resort. I do realize that the "official" hours were stated until 11pm at the quiet pools but we have never had a problem and looked at it as swim at your own risk essentially.

On our last stay (POP) Memorial Day weekend we were bummed to find out that the quiet pool in our area was gated and locked "after hours". I have also heard of the rumor that all pools will soon be gated due to drownings within the past few years. We are considering another trip this fall and would like to know where we can still swim 24 hours a day.

While I understand this precaution I do not feel it is fair to guests like us who only really swim late at night (very rarely do we come back mid-day).
One of the reasons we liked to stay at moderate - vs- value was because of the hot tub. At one of our favorite resorts CBR, the hot tubs are only at the main pool. The main pool a few years back started to be gated at night which was a let down as sitting in the hot tub was one of our favorite things to do after a long day in the parks, it was very relaxing. Now, I know that there are refurbs on some of the quiet pools there and I am assuming that the gates are on their way. It is just sad...some of my main reasons for staying at certain resorts are slowly being taken away. I am finding it harder and harder to justify spending the extra cash for a moderate vs the values and am actually considering staying off site (which I have never done and swore I wouldn't do).

They are being gated because folks, like you, didn't feel the "official" hours applied to them. Some swam anyway, like you are trying to do, & there were drownings. Disney is seen as liable & at risk legally. I don't blame them. Once again the majority suffer at the hands of a few.

Way back in the day, the "quiet" pools at CBR used to be open 24 hours a day. Back in like the mid/late 90s and early 00s. I remember the main pool used to be open til midnight and the quiet pools at each village were 24hr. It was a no lifeguard/swim at your own risk situation. I wish I could remember when they changed the hours and the reason why...

They are being gated because folks, like you, didn't feel the "official" hours applied to them. Some swam anyway, like you are trying to do, & there were drownings. Disney is seen as liable & at risk legally. I don't blame them. Once again the majority suffer at the hands of a few.

With all due respect I don't recall asking for an opinion on the matter. Your snarky comment is not appreciated nor wanted. I am not trying to stir up controversy or a big conversation....I was just simply asking for an answer on a question. Your opinion has no bearing on that question. A simple answer of "no, there are no 24 hour pools" would have been sufficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter