24 hour Leap Day? No thank you!

i personally think it is a great announcment. we are not early birds and usually go to bed at around 8 am due to our jobs. so we will be there all night. IMHO i think parents keeping there kids there over night is a horrible idea and would hate to see that. has anyone been in the magic kingdom at 3 or 4 am? thats the best time to be there. i for one am ecstatic and cannot wait!!! :thumbsup2

I'm happy for you being able to enjoy this offer. But for the millions of people around the world who can't, this is not a positive promotion for Disney.:sad2:

If they did this for the last leap year, when I was still living in FL and didn't have children yet, I'd definitely go and experience this promotion.

This is good for local 20 somethings, but not for the general public.

The least Disney could have done was give us a little more heads up, I can't get DVC availability this late and airfare is through the roof.

This would have been very cool, if they gave us out-of-towners more of a chance to plan.

Actually it is also a good promotion for us retired folks who have insomnia and would be up most of the night anyway! :rotfl2: Really' we have had many more years of experience partying than the 20 somethings! :lmao: Sunrise at the MK here I come!

I wonder if booking 6 gets 2 free, or would it require booking two different vacation packages?

No - you have to book two vacation packages if you want to stay longer.

I played around because I was curious as well. The promo offer limits the trip to 7 nights. Flat out refuses to let me book a longer trip. Disney is making sure they only give away 1 night with this promo.

Not that we're taking this offer. We love September too much. I was just curious.

We (DH, DD(turning 8 during trip), and me) will actually be there that week for a surprise trip to celebrate DD birthday. With her turning 8 I know she will be excited to be in the park late. We always do EMH and she still can't get enough of that. I know for sure that we will probaly make it until at least 2 or 3 AM. We were just up till 3 AM celebrating the New Year together and she was still keyed up when we all finally settled down. My plan is to do some other activity that day, take a good nap, and go to the park later in the evening and just stay until all our energy runs out, then just sleep in later the next day.

I can see how this would not be exciting for those who won't be at Disney during this time but for my family it sounds pretty exciting. We are DVC members so the 3/1 deal doesn't excite me but I am sure there will be a lot of people who use that offer. People will probaly change there discount that was the 30% room only rate to the 3/1 if it is cheaper.

I'm happy for you being able to enjoy this offer. But for the millions of people around the world who can't, this is not a positive promotion for Disney.:sad2:

I would be very scared if millions of people could enjoy this offer :D

However having seen these on a commercial the other day I finally see a need to get one!

FOREVER LAZY!!!:banana:
forever-lazy.jpg

But yeah, being open from 7am to 3am due to EMH is a 20hour stay.... 4 more hours? Eh.

Disney very frequently has offers that apply to families with children "Kids stay and Play Free" for example. I think it's great they are offering something which appeals to another demographic.

i think the promotion is great. It sounds like people are sour because it doesn't really fit into their "Disney is for me" mentality. Lets be happy that someone will get to have a great time! Older people and teens will have a blast for the 24 hrs and the buy three days get one free day for two months is a great promotion. Most vacations deals require a 5 day stay!

I also think with the fantasyland expansion there will be more to come. After all the promotion is called "One More Day" and Disney is none to stagger offers through the year.

This is definitely a benefit for locals... enjoy Floridians!

Not really much of a benefit for locals since this occurs during the middle of the week and most people have to work. Also, February is one of the coldest months here and if a cold front moves through, it's possible that temps could be in the 20s. No thanks, Disney. :confused3

i personally think it is a great announcement....
Has anyone been in the magic kingdom at 3 or 4 am? that's the best time to be there. i for one am ecstatic and cannot wait!!! :thumbsup2
I agree! We did EMH last March until 3am and it was great! We ate ice cream sundaes in Fantasyland at about 1:30 a.m. then rode Dumbo and DD rode the teacups. One of my most favorite nights of all!

... the notion of being able to get into Magic Kingdom and riding Big Thunder Mountain as the sun rises sure really makes me happy just thinking about it. Not many chances do I get to ride anything at MK that early or late, haha.
Sadly, BTMRR will be in the midst of a refurb on 2/29. How about sunrise from the Astro Orbiter?

This is definitely a benefit for locals... enjoy Floridians!
Thanks, I'm planning on heading that way! I'm 124 miles away and am already filling out my Leave Slip for work!

Disney very frequently has offers that apply to families with children "Kids stay and Play Free" for example. I think it's great they are offering something which appeals to another demographic.
I agree. The Kids stay and play deal does not apply to me as DD is almost 14. I can't take advantage of free dining since we are AP holders. Give me something, dang it! :rotfl2: Ice cream sundaes for breakfast, I think...

:confused3

Okay..........was the announcement just something to get us all hyped up about.
Living in the snow belt................now earthquake belt.................
What are my chances of flying out and not being captivated in Ohio during a snow storm and misssing a vacation in FEBRUARY????

I know this announcement will benefit some....but, for us we will only be able to experience thru others posts.

Safe travels.
Those who are able to enjoy, share your experience with us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Sue and crew

I also think the new promotion is rather useless, at least it is for my family. The thought of being in an amusement park for 24 hours is exhausting. And the stay a number of days get 1 free is only good thru March 10. How does that benefit the majority of visitors who will travel the other 9 months out of the year? Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for AP room discounts to come out for late August.

Okay Disney, this is what I posted on my facebook about your promotion:

Disney, your 'big announcement' was super lame. I think you need everyday, normal disney fans on whatever think tank you use to come up with your promotions. Obviously, you are very far removed from the normal, every day vacationer, not to mention a true disney vacationer. Having a park open for 24 hours for one day out of the year.. and that one day is over in a couple of months? How much money did you spend on a big promotion that is over in the first quarter? And for most people who vacation at disney routinely, we would never ever do 24 hours in park.. nope, we go in the mornings when crowds are low, then we go back to the room, rest, spend time at the pool, go to eat and go to down town disney. Then we go back to the park in the evening to finish up our day. We have a system and it works.

OH, and disney people.. did it ever occur to you even if you fill up your park and people party like crazy for 24 hours, the next day those thousands of people are going to be sleeping.. they are going to take off that next day as their rest day and they will not be in the parks SPENDING MONEY?? Hello, are you listening?? Surely to God someone on your committee realizes this stuff?????? You would have made tons more money if you had added one park day to everyone's ticket. Once you buy your 5 day ticket, it only costs a few dollars to add a day. If you had went ahead and given them that day free, odds are they would have extended their vacation by a day. That would have meant more revenue for you because they would have had to pay for their hotel room, food, and those impulse last minute got to have it purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter