24 hour Leap Day? No thank you!

The Rovang Gang

Mouseketeer
I was so excited about this "huge" announcement and honestly free dining periods are more hand-flapping worthy. You couldn't pay me enough to be in the park Leap Day when it's open 24 hours. Tired children melting down at 3 am with frustrated parents determined to get their money's worth? It stains my brain when I see parents disciplining tired children who can't express their needs. Maybe the older set would dig it, but my parents always told me nothing good happens after midnight. I'm sticking to it.

(Still love you, Disney)

Agreed. Can only see this as an enticing offer for adult visitors and/or parents with teens. Sounds pretty torturous to me! :scared1:

I think it'd be great. I doubt there would be little kids there all night-mostly die hard adults having a fun time!

I can't imagine! We stayed until 1am on our recent trip. There were some *grumpy kids and parents then. 24 hours, no thank you!! Even my kids just said they wouldn't want to do it.

agreed, im disappointed as well. so lame. just about anything would have been better than this- i think it was everyone's fear that they'd something like this. And what about the rest of the year...? It just was not thought out well at all.

So they are going to open 3 hours early on the 29th stay open over night close at 6am on the first and reopen at 9 am?

I don't get it

When we were there in August 2011 I remember leaving the MK around 11 or midnight (they were doing the EMH there that night and open until 2 or 3am) we saw a bunch of parents and babies in strollers getting off the buses and boats from the WL (where we were heading). Once we got back to the WL there were a lot on the pier waiting for a boat. I was shocked to see that many parents taking advantage of the extra 2-3 hours that late with their kids...
I can't imagine the 24 hour promotion crowds LOL

The announcement was just as lame as I thought it'd be. Yea it'd be cool to go there for 24h, but how many people will be able to plan a trip in time for 8 weeks from now to participate that weren't already going to be there?? Tell me this in September so I have a prayer of being able to go.

i personally think it is a great announcment. we are not early birds and usually go to bed at around 8 am due to our jobs. so we will be there all night. IMHO i think parents keeping there kids there over night is a horrible idea and would hate to see that. has anyone been in the magic kingdom at 3 or 4 am? thats the best time to be there. i for one am ecstatic and cannot wait!!! :thumbsup2

I said to DH, I would totally love to go only if we had a baby sitter! There is no way I'd attempt that with a child, heck I'm not sure if I'd even want to do it with DH!

i personally think it is a great announcement. we are not early birds and usually go to bed at around 8 am due to our jobs. so we will be there all night. IMHO i think parents keeping there kids there over night is a horrible idea and would hate to see that. has anyone been in the magic kingdom at 3 or 4 am? thats the best time to be there. i for one am ecstatic and cannot wait!!! :thumbsup2

I just can't get excited for a ONE day promotion. It accounts to 14 one day snippets of nothing out of 365 with only one of them being the 24 hour promo. So for the remaining 351 days of 2012, NOTHING new. I doubt Disney's phone lines are going to be blowing up with people rushing to take advantage of ONE day!! The 4/3 promo a couple of years ago was a good deal, but a 3/1 during a 2 week period is a joke. I wonder if booking 6 gets 2 free, or would it require booking two different vacation packages? Either way, none of this applies to my family as we are going the last week of March.

To be perfectly honest, I really must say that I like the idea of MK being open for 24 hours on Leap Day. Maybe it's because I am 23 and don't have any kids, but the notion of being able to get into Magic Kingdom and riding Big Thunder Mountain as the sun rises sure really makes me happy just thinking about it. Not many chances do I get to ride anything at MK that early or late, haha.

Kind of a lame announcement for WDW, but cool for DL. With DL's more local fan base, it's a lot easier to make plans to partake in this event.

I was in MK until 5am for Grad Nite which was a special and major event for many people but MK staying open until 6am is no more exciting than it being open until 3am as it is on certain ocassions for EMH.It seems their run of succesful promotions has ended.

This is something DH and I talked about before. They should keep at least one park open 24 hrs everyday especially in the peak times. They can alternate every day what park stays open all night so people can enjoy a park no matter what time they stay up till or what time they get up in the morning. Whenever we are on vacation we are really early riser like around 3am and would love to be able to go to the parks that early. Nothing starts moving until around 6:30am. We are usually in bed by 8pm so maximizing our awake time would be great. Remember some people are up all nighters and others are early risers. It would be great if Disney worked something out for us. Come on DTD stays open late but what about us early risers? We have to wait until 9am until things start movin. :goodvibes

To be perfectly honest, I really must say that I like the idea of MK being open for 24 hours on Leap Day. Maybe it's because I am 23 and don't have any kids, but the notion of being able to get into Magic Kingdom and riding Big Thunder Mountain as the sun rises sure really makes me happy just thinking about it. Not many chances do I get to ride anything at MK that early or late, haha.

I hope you have a great time, but I think Big Thunder Railroad will be closed for refurbishment over leap day

What an Anti Climax !
Everyone was expecting to hear something "big".
Major disappointment. I think it was a crafty, advertising ,promotional ploy that (quite frankly) was a major let down. Even in this current economic climate, Disney are making $ hand over fist.
Wouldn't it be a huge boost to their bottom line(and an amazing goodwill gesture) to actually announce and offer something really substantial that everyone can benefit from .
:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter