I hope that your evening will be uneventful. Just relax and take it one minute at a time. My prayers are with you and your husband.

Prayers for a peaceful and quiet evening and tomorrow morning is OK too.

A very rough few days. Yes, watch over your hubby but then you have got to get some rest.

If you have a doctor outside of the VA, I would contact him/her and see if they can get you set up with some assistance (visiting nurse, etc.) or at least explain what is going on. I'm glad the oxygen man was helpful.

Prayers that this will all work out and that you will be able to relax soon.

C. Ann, I'm glad he's alert and most of all, HAPPY to be home.

I agree with you totally. His "discharge planning" was disgraceful. The hospital should be ashamed of itself.

Best of luck to you and your husband . . .

I am just glad he's home and I know you will do a fine job taking care of him, you seem like such a loving person. I hope and pray things get better for you both real soon. I will keep you in my prayers! Hugs C.Ann

Originally posted by Deb in IA
disgraceful.. . .
I sooo agree!!

If the VA shows no respect for their patients, WHO WILL?!

{{HUGS}} and continued prayers for you & DH, C.Ann. Please get your rest. And, if that becomes a problem, you may need to seek out a visiting nurse that can stay with DH while you DO sleep.

You know, C.Ann, I have a feeling you DEFINITELY did the right thing. *HUGS* How happy your DH must be, to be home again, especially considering the way they practically threw him out of the hospital! Sending you good thoughts and prayers, for the coming days.

C.Ann

He is alert and happy to be home...sometimes one of the best medicines someone can have is being home with someone they love.

Can you handle it? I think so. It will be rough, I know. But your love for DH will get you through it. And all of us on the DIS will be here for you every single day.

Just remember to have others in the family come over and help. Get your rest. Eat. And when you feel overwhelmed, just call on us.

Prayers and PD.

My Dad uses the VA, so I know how quick they are to turn you out! Get some help, dont try to do it all by yourself. We're here when you need a shoulder! Sounds like he will be better off at home...thats a crummy way to treat a veteran. :(

IMHO, you're right -- he can get better care at home with you than he's been getting there. Unfortunately that's frequently the situation any more at hospitals. :( Overworked, under-staffed, under-trained (compared to the "good old days") staff makes for less than fantastic care in many hospitals. :(

You can do this, but don't be afraid to ask for help from someone if you need it. See if you can get someone to help you care for him so you can get some rest, too.

You continue to be in my prayers.

Hugs to you, C. Ann...I do hope you are having an uneventful night there...Prayers for you and your DH...

Yes. The VA Hospitals do indeed need an overhaul!! Sadly, the situation you encountered today does not surprise me. :( But I applaud the way you handled everything that came you way.

Hang in there, C. Ann! We're all here for you! That's the great thing about the DIS -- there are so many shoulders to lean on! :)
Try to get some rest tonight! {{{HUGS}}}
Kara

It sounds like you definitely did the right thing by wheeling him out of there! I pray that you're able to get some much needed rest. Continued prayers for you and DH!

Beth

((((((((((((C.Ann)))))))))))))

I'm hoping it's a quiet evening for you and your husband. Keeping you both in prayers.

C. Ann, I hope the night was peaceful and uneventful for both you and DH. What a strong woman you are. I hope if I ever need the strength to handle the things that you have been, that I can do even half as good as you. Like everyone said though, get some help so you don't have to do it alone.{{{HUGS}}}

Continued prayers and good thoughts going your way. I hope you both had a restful night.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You will do JUST FINE!:) I have all the confidence you need, that you will do everything you are suppose too. {{{Hugs}}} You did the RIGHT thing, by just wheeling him out!:o You brought him home, thats all that counts. Faith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter