22 year old Disney intern sad news

Having been hit by a drunk like that I am beyond angry, no amount of money or time in jail will ever replace the life the life she lost because of the driver lack of responsibility. We let drunks like that off way to easy. There might be a special place in hell for them, but I think it's time we show them a special place in hell while they are still alive. We need to explore the concept that David Lynch's Dune mentioned and develop a "pain amplifier"- yeah don't get me going on drunk drivers.

I lost a friend to a drunk driver right after we graduated from high school. In his honor I never drink and drive and will not get in a vehicle with someone who has been drinking.

I was in Disney a few years ago with a friend. She had been drinking her way around EPCOT and I had a beer with dinner. We had plans on using the mini golf vouchers but the buses were no longer running. My friend insisted we could go in her car. I asked the concierge at the front desk for help and they gave us vouchers for a Mears taxi. My friend realized how seriously I felt about this subject and apologized thankfully.

My prayers for the intern and their family.

My aunt was killed by a drunk driver before I was born, a family friend lost her 2 year old and had a major brain injury due to one and my mom has a broken back (thankfully not paralyzed) due to one. As far as I’m concerned if you drink, you do not drive PERIOD.

One of my uncles drank and drove all the time which pissed off my mom to no end. He accused us of being prejudiced against drunk drivers and that was the only time I ever heard my mother have the word “duh” come out of her mouth.

Having been hit by a drunk like that I am beyond angry, no amount of money or time in jail will ever replace the life the life she lost because of the driver lack of responsibility. We let drunks like that off way to easy. There might be a special place in hell for them, but I think it's time we show them a special place in hell while they are still alive. We need to explore the concept that David Lynch's Dune mentioned and develop a "pain amplifier"- yeah don't get me going on drunk drivers.

I agree the United States lets drunken drivers off way too easily. Hopefully they go to hell like you said and they have to pick out the biggest pineapple.

And yet I'm angered that this can still be possible! With modern technology, can't we track these a-holes better to avoid such tragedies? The story below was on my news feed this morning...10 TIMES!!!!!!!
IMHO techology is the problem. Good old fashioned life in jail doing hard labor is what we need to be dishing out. We have to stop coddling offenders like that.

IMHO techology is the problem. Good old fashioned life in jail doing hard labor is what we need to be dishing out. We have to stop coddling offenders like that.
As much as some may deserve this, I really don't see it as a solution that will be implemented...

As much as some may deserve this, I really don't see it as a solution that will be implemented...
I agree, we'll continue to coddle abusers like this so they can kill, maim and destroy innocent lives. We need a uniersal 3 strikes DUI law, but your right to many would say that's harsh.

One of my daughter’s friends is currently an intern in Disney’s college program. She meets the victim’s description, and I almost fell off my chair when I saw the girl’s photo. That moment of panic I felt can’t compare to what this girl’s family must be going through. I can’t imagine being home in Connecticut already being concerned about my adult child being all the way down in Florida for several months, and then this horrific thing happens to her. I just really feel for the victim and her family. How terrified they must have all been.

How tragic that their lives will never be the same...and all because some low-life had to get drunk and had to drive.

In his honor I never drink and drive and will not get in a vehicle with someone who has been drinking.
Loss of a friend or not, that's what we all should do. It's kind of the baseline.
He accused us of being prejudiced against drunk drivers and that was the only time I ever heard my mother have the word “duh” come out of her mouth.
Yes, we are all anti-criminal.
How about a one strike law. Get caught once and no more driving the rest of your life.
I'd vote for it. But what should be the punishment? What happens when such a person is caught? You can't give them death penalty -- we don't even put most murderers and rapists to death. Yet we can't keep them from driving.

When I was in college, I worked for a construction company -- just a part-time job in the office. Pretty much none of the older guys had driver's licenses -- all lost for DUI -- so the company hired young guys who'd work as assistants, and those guys were the official drivers for the crew. But ALL the guys drove the company trucks. I don't remember any of them ever getting caught, and the company sure didn't care.

Take license away FOREVER = doesn't mean a thing

Take vehicle away FOREVER = doesn't mean thing

Impose huge fine = doesn't mean a thing

Jail time = only works while in jail and no access to vehicles.

A ONE STRIKE RULE??? and what if that one strike is a relative, friend or you?????

It's not just drunk driving, also distracted driving. A friend's brother-in-law was killed last week by a young person who ran a stop sign. I don't have any answers, but I don't think a one strike rule will fix the problem.

A ONE STRIKE RULE??? and what if that one strike is a relative, friend or you?????
I agree that taking away the license means little-to-nothing; however, taking away the vehicle would sting most people. Suddenly you can't go to work, maybe you're still making payments on the thing. We all read articles about how something like half of all Ameicans couldn't come up with $500 for an emergency -- it could literally mean bankruptcy for such a person.

I'd like to say that if a relative or friend were caught drinking/driving, I'd have NO sympathy. Admittedly, I've never been tested on that question.

Me myself? Zero concerns: I've managed to go 53 years without drinking/driving -- I can't imagine I'd start now.

It drives me CRAZY when people say that drunk driving is not a violent crime. It can be as life threatening as someone shooting off a gun into the air.

If a relative, friend or I drove drunk and paralyzed someone for life, then they or I would deserve jail time.

My friend’s son was paralyzed from the waist down by a drunk driver. It was the guys 3rd or 4th offense. He FINALLY got jail time...3 years. Meanwhile a 21 year old is wheelchair bound for the rest of his life.

My friend’s husband got a DUI before they got married 30 years ago. He got community service working at a camp for children with special needs.

One would think that he would be humbled by his crime and sentence. All he did was complain that he got caught. No remorse. No accountability.

I can’t believe she married him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter