2023 packages NO DDP

You won't see DDP anytime soon, not with supply constraint issues, rapid inflation, staff challenges and still massive numbers going to the parks. When things change and Disney is hurting and wanting customers then you might see it come back but not with the other issues persist.

It's time for a Frozen moment... Let it go.

Last I heard, the back of house positions were still only 40-50% filled. You can't sell a dining plan and then have NO dining available. People get agitated about the perceived value of genie plus, they really won't be happy to shell out money for table service credits and feel like there's nothing available.

I understand the reasons for not having ddp right now but then why do they continue to note snack items on the signs?

@Best Aunt I'm shocked that Chapek didn't just tell them to cover it with some masking tape or a black marker... because that's how Disney does things. Either way or leaving it up is tacky and very unDisneyfied but that's that's Chapeks Disney.
Cheapak doesn't even want to pay a castmember to take the time to cover up part of the sign with masking tape or a black marker.

I don't think it will ever be back.
My husband and I went to WDW the very first month it was offered in September. Our travel agent told us that disney was trying to fill up September and October, as they were slow travel periods due to kids back to school and to the high heat and humidity in September. So, they started the DP.
However, when we arrived that Sept. the parks were full of kids. I guess that taking the kids out of school with only 2 weeks in didn't bother some, and they wanted to take advantage of the DP. Can't blame them because it did save them a lot of money on food. We were both very surprised at the amount of people at WDW at that time!.
I guess it worked to increase the numbers, and they kept it up for quite a while. Now they have way too many guests willing to pay their high prices, so there is no need to do this to increase the numbers anymore.
That's the way I understand it started, as a way to increase guests at slow times of the year. Disney is no longer "slow" and they have an abundance of guests, so I'm betting there will be no DP again.

I don't think it will ever be back.
My husband and I went to WDW the very first month it was offered in September. Our travel agent told us that disney was trying to fill up September and October, as they were slow travel periods due to kids back to school and to the high heat and humidity in September. So, they started the DP.
However, when we arrived that Sept. the parks were full of kids. I guess that taking the kids out of school with only 2 weeks in didn't bother some, and they wanted to take advantage of the DP. Can't blame them because it did save them a lot of money on food. We were both very surprised at the amount of people at WDW at that time!.
I guess it worked to increase the numbers, and they kept it up for quite a while. Now they have way too many guests willing to pay their high prices, so there is no need to do this to increase the numbers anymore.
That's the way I understand it started, as a way to increase guests at slow times of the year. Disney is no longer "slow" and they have an abundance of guests, so I'm betting there will be no DP again.

Seems like you’re referring to the “free dining” promo. That promo was first offered to increase fall attendance. But the paid dining plans were around before that in several different ways.

Seems like you’re referring to the “free dining” promo. That promo was first offered to increase fall attendance. But the paid dining plans were around before that in several different ways.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I didn't know that they had paid DP's before that. I really don't think they will continue with the DP's anymore.
If they don't, I hope they bring back the higher quality and diversity of their food again.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I didn't know that they had paid DP's before that. I really don't think they will continue with the DP's anymore.
If they don't, I hope they bring back the higher quality and diversity of their food again.
DDP will definitely be back at some point. It was a HUGE money maker for Disney. Some people do, but generally, people do not come close to ordering enough food to cover the cost of the DDP. There is a consensus that people are drawn more to the convenience of the plan vs. cost savings.

The Free DDP Promo is a different beast all together, obviously, free meals at Disney is a great cost saver. I can see Disney being hesitant to offer Free Dining, but as soon as they feel staffed, have enough places open, running at an acceptable capacity at their dining establishments, they will bring the DDP back.

They have them even on the new festival signs. Not sure why they would make new festival signs with the snack logo.
Also on app mobile order section, some items say “qualify as snack”. So being as this is a newer updated 50th app, or after Covid anyway, why would that even be in there?

I would agree with others, that as long as the restaurants are full, you won't see DDP return.
Once demand decreases, or they get restaurant staff positions fully filled, then you might see it return.

I don't think we'll see DDP back until supply chains and inflation stabilize. With some menus still having fewer options, items selling out and substitutions being made, no one wants to pay $ for a dining plan just to have it thrown back in their face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter