2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

I'm curious on why the booths have different opening dates. We are there in September and would love to try some of the ones opening Oct. 1

I'm curious on why the booths have different opening dates. We are there in September and would love to try some of the ones opening Oct. 1
Part of it is crowd dispersal, but the other part is that they probably don’t have the workforce yet. F&W starts mid-July, which is about five weeks away. It takes a lot of people to work the booths at the festivals. I think the Flower & Garden Festival has maybe 20 booths. That seems to be what the F&W one will open with, with the other 9 coming online October 1st. It gives Disney a chance to hire/rehire CMs and get them up to speed. And who knows, maybe they’ll open some of the booths early.

They're trying to draw people away from MK on the anniversary, October 1st. That's also why the official opening day of the Ratatouille ride is the 1st. I'm also going in September, but I'm pretty sure there will be enough food for me to not be disappointed. At minimum there's the impossible booth for me.
I'm excited for the impossible booth too. We will have a great time no matter what.

any chance some of the booths might open early? Our last day in the parks is 7/11. looks like we'll miss flower and garden AND food and wine. bummer :sad2:
Anything is possible but I wouldn't count on it. The festival isn't set to begin until 7/15. A preview day on the 14th is possible but I don't think we've seen them open any earlier than a day in advance. I'm sorry... I'm sure that's not the answer you were looking for. BUT all bets are also off these days so who knows. I will cross my fingers for you!

Really curious to see if they'll add tastings, events or Party for the Senses later in the Fall. Seems like the festival doesn't really get going until October 1. I'd think there would be another round of announcements including possible Harmonious packages.
That's my thinking as well -- we will get a second phase of the festival perhaps with some Eat to the Beat concerts and other events.

That's my thinking as well -- we will get a second phase of the festival perhaps with some Eat to the Beat concerts and other events.

From what was posted on Disney Parks Blog today, it appears that the traditional Eat to the Beat concerts will not return this year. There will be local bands performing from the Central Florida area so it seems this is another cost cutting effort by Disney. Also, performances will be scheduled for Friday through Monday evenings. As you mentioned, maybe this will change once October arrives and we will have the traditional Eat to the Beat concerts. I certainly hope so!

"Popular entertainment is back too, with performances by Voices of Liberty, Mariachi Cobre and Jammin’ Chefs. The festival will also open with America Gardens Bandstand presented by Florida Blue Medicare, a live-music concert series performed Friday through Monday evenings. Local bands from across Central Florida will take to the America Gardens Theatre stage, playing popular songs of yesterday and today."

Yeah, I am hanging my hopes on the phrasing that the festival will "open with" the Fri through Mon concerts by local bands. Entirely possible I'm reading too far too much into the word choice but to me that implies that the festival could close with a different scenario and schedule. But I'm not counting on anything.

Yeah, I am hanging my hopes on the phrasing that the festival will "open with" the Fri through Mon concerts by local bands. Entirely possible I'm reading too far too much into the word choice but to me that implies that the festival could close with a different scenario and schedule. But I'm not counting on anything.
I agree with you. Disney put out an artfully crafted release. This absolutely could mean that additional acts could be added. At this time, they obviously don’t want to promise too much without being able to deliver. So if they announce more acts later, it’s a bonus!

I was/am a little worried about this part:

Valid Admission and Park Reservation for Same Park on Same Date Required

Almost makes it seem that you NEED a park reservation to get into Epcot and hopping won't be allowed. I know I am probably being paranoid but my objective of staying at the Boardwalk and hopping over every day after my initial reservation somewhere else at 2p...would be destroyed.

I was/am a little worried about this part:

Valid Admission and Park Reservation for Same Park on Same Date Required

Almost makes it seem that you NEED a park reservation to get into Epcot and hopping won't be allowed. I know I am probably being paranoid but my objective of staying at the Boardwalk and hopping over every day after my initial reservation somewhere else at 2p...would be destroyed.
I don’t think there has been a reported incident of people with hoppers not being allowed to hop after the 2 pm time. Epcot is a large park.

Well, I'm going to "hang" with you and hope you are indeed correct!
Besides the "open with", don't forget that at least 1 of the usual Eat to the Beat artists had EPCOT dates on her website, which were taken down pretty quick. I'd assume Disney had her remove the dates until they announce EttB themselves.

They're trying to draw people away from MK on the anniversary, October 1st. That's also why the official opening day of the Ratatouille ride is the 1st. I'm also going in September, but I'm pretty sure there will be enough food for me to not be disappointed. At minimum there's the impossible booth for me.
This was my thought as well. It might work to some degree since with park passes, there will be a limit to the number of people that can enter MK, so the rest will go somewhere.

Tangierine Cafe reopening at EPCOT as part of Food and Wine Festival

I'm excited to see it reopening but seems a stretch to call it a F&W booth/marketplace unless it will be turning into something else after the festival? More options are always better and certainly nice to have the seating in the patio area (assuming that returns). I'm very interested to see how they set up a booth inside the American Adventure rotunda. It will definitely be nice to have at least 3 indoor marketplaces with AC (World ShowPlace, Canada, American Adventure)

Tangierine Cafe reopening at EPCOT as part of Food and Wine Festival

I'm excited to see it reopening but seems a stretch to call it a F&W booth/marketplace unless it will be turning into something else after the festival? More options are always better and certainly nice to have the seating in the patio area (assuming that returns). I'm very interested to see how they set up a booth inside the American Adventure rotunda. It will definitely be nice to have at least 3 indoor marketplaces with AC (World ShowPlace, Canada, American Adventure)
There’s going to be one in the Rotunda? Oh I don’t like that at all. I love the Rotunda and that’s just going to mess it up.

There’s going to be one in the Rotunda? Oh I don’t like that at all. I love the Rotunda and that’s just going to mess it up.

Yup.

Rotunda Bistro – NEW!
Nosh on tasty cuisine featuring fresh seafood and produce in the American Adventure Pavilion.

I'm all for air-conditioned spaces and totally get that they want to maximize their real estate and make every square foot that they can generate revenue, but feels almost "disrespectful" to me, if that makes sense. Such a "serious" and beautiful building ... I hate to think of people spilling all over it and/or smelling it up with grease, smoke, fishy smells etc.

Hopefully they do it in a tasteful and unobtrusive way.

So here it is for 2021. The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival planning thread on the Disboards!

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will begin on July 15, 2021 and will conclude on November 20, 2021

While we still don't have any concrete information for this year's festival (dates, menus, concerts, etc.), here is the planning thread for people who are interested in starting the discussion.

Hopefully this year's festival will resume with all of the components of year's past, not the abbreviated festival which occurred in 2020.

Here is the link for the 2020 Festival Planning Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...food-and-wine-festival-has-now-ended.3792154/

Here's the link for the 2019 Festival Planning Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-festival-august-29-november-23-2019.3743358/

Just to let everyone know, the Swan and Dolphin are having a Spring Food and Wine Classic Event on April 17th. Reservations for the event and packages are already available: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...announce-first-ever-spring-food-wine-classic/

Additionally, the Swan and Dolphin have already announced the dates of their Fall Food and Wine Classic, October 29 and October 30, 2021.
https://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Thank you!:)

I don’t think there has been a reported incident of people with hoppers not being allowed to hop after the 2 pm time. Epcot is a large park.

I agree that making park reservations adds another level of planning stress to things :P

Really curious to see if they'll add tastings, events or Party for the Senses later in the Fall. Seems like the festival doesn't really get going until October 1. I'd think there would be another round of announcements including possible Harmonious packages.

I'm doubtful that PFTS will be back this year and who knows if it ever will. If it does I can only imagine how much they will charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter