2021 Dad Vacation Plans

shjrc371

Mouseketeer
Hey all! Post your 2021 Summer Vacation plans. Are you travelling this summer? If so, share where you plan to go.

As for us, split-stay between WDW and Captiva Island, involving air travel, a rental car, and some sightseeing in between.

Driving to my in-laws...12+ hours with a soon to be 5 y/o, a 2 y/o and twin 5 month olds this week

August, driving to Gulf Coast 6 hours... twins will be 7 1/2 months
October for Fall Break, going with multiple other families back to the Gulf Coast. (but really nearly half of our school will also be there, as it is a *very* popular destination in our area)
Jan '22, WDW at VGF. Still driving. Other families in our friend group also going at same time, though less coordinated than the Fall Break trip is shaping up to be (e.g. all are staying at different WDW resorts)

Kiawah Island in June. Going to Hilton Head for the first time in July. Then have a 11 night stay at WDW over Thanksgiving.

Driving to my in-laws...12+ hours with a soon to be 5 y/o, a 2 y/o and twin 5 month olds this week

This was at once both a disaster but also *not* terrible (🧐🧐🧐???)

On drive up, drove through the night leaving at 4pm - I had been working nights at the hospital so it was easy to make use of the fact that I had my days/nights flipped. Made great time.

Twin B screamed for only 4 hours out of the trip up...and 6+ hours on the way back.

5 y/o - discovered they get motion sickness. Vomit once on way up, twice on way back...also, 5 y/o only slept 30 minutes of the entire trip up. Then couldn't sleep once we got to Grandma's despite it being 4 in the morning. Didn't fall asleep until noon the next day, so just a nice little 28 hours awake. Guess they're ready to start pulling those doctor shifts at the hospital.

2 y/o - also only slept about 2 hours on way up. At least fell asleep quickly at grandma's. On way back, decided available DVD's were insufficient and needed to yell about it for several hours.

Twin A is an angel and my favorite child at the moment.

Best part of the trip...something that 26 year old me would totally cringe at, but our new hardtop rooftop carrier is amazing. Additional 18 cubic feet of space, I can get it installed/taken down in less than 5 minutes by myself without any help. It's pretty awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts