2020 points chart has been revised to be closer to 2019

It’s exactly the same apart from a few amendments to represent the changing season dates.

It’s exactly the same apart from a few amendments to represent the changing season dates.

Please help me out as I have been away for a few days and haven't read through all the new posts in all the threads. When you say "Its exactly the same", do you mean the same 2020 points that DVC announced a month or so ago? Or do you mean, the 2020 point changes have reverted back to the 2019 point structure? We stay a lot (GFV lv and BCV) and always stay in studios so the change was quite a big deal for me

Please help me out as I have been away for a few days and haven't read through all the new posts in all the threads. When you say "Its exactly the same", do you mean the same 2020 points that DVC announced a month or so ago? Or do you mean, the 2020 point changes have reverted back to the 2019 point structure? We stay a lot (GFV lv and BCV) and always stay in studios so the change was quite a big deal for me
The revised 2020 chart is the same as the 2018 & 2019 charts with adjustments for holidays etc.

I saw that today too. Wow, I didn’t see that coming. Good news.

This is a win, for now, but this just lays the foundation for Disney trying this again. I can only assume the recent changes in resale benefits on top of changes to the 2020 point allocations was too much for most to swallow. Bad business on Disney's part to do this all at once but I'm afraid we will be talking points charts again for the 2021 year. Especially since it will be the 50th anniversary of DisneyWorld!

This is a win, for now, but this just lays the foundation for Disney trying this again. I can only assume the recent changes in resale benefits on top of changes to the 2020 point allocations was too much for most to swallow. Bad business on Disney's part to do this all at once but I'm afraid we will be talking points charts again for the 2021 year. Especially since it will be the 50th anniversary of DisneyWorld!

Don't forget the maintenance fees went up too.

Don't forget the maintenance fees went up too.

Very true. I've really enjoyed my DVC membership but Disney has tried real hard this year to make me second guess my purchase. Maybe Disney will be nice and give us a break for a while. Or at least until I get back from my trip in March:)

That is great news. I always wondered what the line meant when the guide used to say all the time - "Your points will never change as long as you own them" or something of that nature. Well you start to understand that they can change the values of the rooms which really renders that saying useless. I mean, you are supposed to be buying your points at that years price and then they go and try to raise them. I think its money grab and its pretty greedy. I mean they are already giving significant raises to the fees each year. Makes me not want to add on again. I fully own my points and I have been considering buying a 50 point add on in the next few years. Not sure, I may have to rethink it after 2021 when all the biggest projects are complete. I wonder what that will mean for us.

That is great news. I always wondered what the line meant when the guide used to say all the time - "Your points will never change as long as you own them" or something of that nature. Well you start to understand that they can change the values of the rooms which really renders that saying useless. I mean, you are supposed to be buying your points at that years price and then they go and try to raise them. I think its money grab and its pretty greedy. I mean they are already giving significant raises to the fees each year. Makes me not want to add on again. I fully own my points and I have been considering buying a 50 point add on in the next few years. Not sure, I may have to rethink it after 2021 when all the biggest projects are complete. I wonder what that will mean for us.

Another problem is when I sat down with my guide to determine how many points I needed we based everything off of that year's point allocation. I purchased Poly which is already a high point allocation and wanted to have enough points for a 1 week a year stay. If Disney would have pressed forward with their change to 2020 allocations then I wouldn't have been able to stay a week each year. Would have caused me to either add on or take shorter trips, which I never like to do:) I'm glad Disney backed off but still worried for the future.

I wondered. I'm booking a Dec-Jan trip and noticed that the january dates matched the 2019 rate. Wondered if it was a glitch. Happy to see that they've been revised!

Another problem is when I sat down with my guide to determine how many points I needed we based everything off of that year's point allocation. I purchased Poly which is already a high point allocation and wanted to have enough points for a 1 week a year stay. If Disney would have pressed forward with their change to 2020 allocations then I wouldn't have been able to stay a week each year. Would have caused me to either add on or take shorter trips, which I never like to do:) I'm glad Disney backed off but still worried for the future.

I agree and they are making money hand over fist. I know I am a shareholder. They have to be careful with the way they treat guests. I look at this as a service level. The more they raise prices and keep inflating everything it is going to shave off some of thier market share. People trust Disney to give them good value. People give them upwards of 6-10,000 dollars for a vacation. That alone should be enough. If they continue to raise deluxe resort pricing I think it will trickle over to the DVC side at some point.
I don't know i am thinking out loud but hard to look past the greed year over year. I already don't go to the parks like I used to. I tend to use the week stay as a way to do other things in the area. Disney Springs, Resort Hopping, Premium Outlets, Millennia Mall, etc. I have money to do the parks but I just don't feel as welcome as I did 5 years ago when prices were below 100 per park per day and the hopper add on was not that bad.

The problem I have with this is that it never smelled right. It went against everything I had been told as a buyer in 1999. Great news that it was fixed but very bad news they tried to pull a fast one hoping no one would notice. If you can't trust management to live up to the letter of a contract who is to say that they don't do other underhanded things like oversell. A person who does one will do another and its much harder to tell when that happens. This is a big black eye IMO. The huge increase in dues was bad enough , the exorbitant price of park tickets and the huge crowds all contribute to making it harder to justify buying now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter