2019?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by kitkat4622, May 17, 2018.

1. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

We have been to WDW 4 times and are thinking of heading to Disneyland next year. My question is what time of year should we go? I have already ruled out Summer time and March/April spring break time.
    I was leaning towards October and have a few questions:
    1. how far ahead should we book?
    2. does disneyland do a halloween party like wdw?
    3. I am looking at Candy Cane Inn for a place to stay.
    4. How would we get from LAX airport to the hotel and back to the airport?

Any advice or help would be very appreciated. thank you.

2. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Disneyland does a great Halloween party. In fact, Mickey's Halloween Party for this year just got announced today! Look over this thread for information on this year's party (dates, prices, general info on Halloween Time, etc.): Frightful Fun for Everyone: Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort Returns September 7.
    Do you care about SWGE? If so, scheduling your trip for October is great because the new land will be open for sure by then. If you want to avoid it at all costs, try to visit well before summer.
    Candy Cane Inn is great, a favorite on this board, has consistently good reviews, and we've never had a bad stay there. They offer a variety of discounts, so check to see if you qualify for something.
    Do you have to fly into LAX? Check for flights into SNA and LGB, too. Those are the two closest airports to DLR. Even if flights are a bit more expensive, it can be worth the convenience to fly into a closer airport. If you must fly into LAX, there are car rentals (check Mousesavers.com for discounts), Uber/Lyft, shuttles, and the Disneyland Express bus.

This thread may have some helpful information for your trip planning: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.

nikerbokers likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

Why did you rule those out? Summer at DLR in particular is a really nice time to visit. Also, this might help: "What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889

To better answer your question, see "Choosing When To Visit DLR: Summary of High and Low Season and When Each Happens" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36509602

Depends on when you are going and how big your group is, but I book anywhere from 2-6 months in advance.

Looks like the PP got this one!

CCI is a popular choice on this forum.

See "Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/

See "Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information" by @3TinksAndAnEeyore www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2318297

:wizard:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    3TinksAndAnEeyore likes this.
  5. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

Thank you this is great information

HydroGuy likes this.
  6. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

Spring and summer are the best times to go imo. Most attractions opened. Longer hours. Full staff.

HydroGuy likes this.
  7. Abbey1

Abbey1 DIS Veteran

We love going in October. If you go during the first half of the month, crowds will be lighter than during the second half. Keep in mind that the new Star Wars land will be open by then though, and once it opens, it’s going to draw A LOT of crowds.

Disneyland does have a Halloween party, which is super fun. Tickets normally go on sale in July, I believe, but this year they go on sale in June. I would say booking in the summer will give you plenty of time.

We’ve stayed at CCI and enjoy it. It’s a nice, smaller hotel. Their shuttle is very convenient, but it’s also a pretty quick walk to the esplanade.

kitkat4622 likes this.
  8. kitkat4622

kitkat4622 DIS Veteran

this is supposed to open towards the end of October 2019? am I understanding that correctly?

9. Abbey1

Abbey1 DIS Veteran

I believe they are hoping to open SW:GE sometime in the summer of ‘19. There hasn’t been an exact date confirmed.

soniam likes this.
  10. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

There has been no official opening day announced for SWGE at DL, but it is assumed that it will be by summer next year. Some are hoping it will be by May since construction is rolling along and DL is ahead of WDW, but by summer seems a sure bet right now.

soniam likes this.
  11. soniam

soniam Wooden leg named Smith...

I thought I had read that they wanted it open for D23 Expo, which is late August. That could have been just wishful thinking on my part:rolleyes1 But sometime "Summer" 2019 does seem to be the consensus.

12. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

Yes. During D23 last year one of the Imagineers (or some big wig) said by the next D23 it would be open.

soniam likes this.