2019 Wine and Dine?

Lmichele

Mouseketeer
Any rumors on the dates? Wondering if it will be Oct. 31 - Nov. 3 (which would seem odd to me because of Halloween) or Nov. 7 - 10.

It should drop back. I can’t see them doing it with Halloween.

I agree with this. These races are at least partially to get people to travel at slower times. Having the race over a popular holiday weekend doesn't seem like something they would do.

Do you think the dates will be announced by this year's weekend? Our APs expire on November 5. Part of the reason we bought them last year was because we could get a W&D "two-for" as both the 2017 and 2018 W&D race weekends fell within a 366 day period. If the renewal will not cover the 2019 races, then we will wait and get new APs when we are visiting in January or February.

Don't they usually have the next year's dates either on the back of the event guide or somewhere at the expo? Or does that list only include races whose dates have already been announced?

I’m waiting to hear if they even do this one next year with Star Wars allegedly opening October or November

Well I just booked a room for the Nov 7-11 weekend just in case. I hope they still run this race next year! I'd be shocked if they drop this next year, but I was shocked when they dropped my favorite- TOT run.

Why is it so hard to announce this?! OMG

Give it a bit more time, this year's event hasn't even happened yet.

In addition to that there is a lot of construction along the route and they may be waiting on some additional information regarding the state Galazy's Edge will be in race weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see an announcement for this race until later in the year as opposed to around race weekend.

Veterans Day is November 11, would that effect their decision to have it on the 10th?

Maybe but I don't think Veteran's Day is a popular travel weekend since the only people I know that get it off are postal employees and people that work in banking but you never know. If they have to decide between Halloween or Veteran's Day I think they would go Veteran's Day.

Just after some advice please. On November 3rd next year during the wine & dine marathon I need to go from the Grand Floridian to Universal at around 8 am and was planning on using Uber (or similar). I'm not from the US so not sure on routes, times, etc so wondered what effect, if any, the marathon will have on my travel plans or whether I should rearrange?

Just after some advice please. On November 3rd next year during the wine & dine marathon I need to go from the Grand Floridian to Universal at around 8 am and was planning on using Uber (or similar). I'm not from the US so not sure on routes, times, etc so wondered what effect, if any, the marathon will have on my travel plans or whether I should rearrange?

You'll need to leave early - I'm not sure by just how much. My one experience with roads during a WDW race was back when they ran the full and half marathons on the same day. This race is just a half marathon, so it'll end earlier, but not early enough to help you. (It should finish about 10am.)

The race route will be on some of the roads that would be used to get out from the GF. There will be detours, but traffic will be heavier.

It should be possible, just plan for worse traffic than usual. It should normally take under half an hour or so at that time, but...okay, just taking guesses here. I'd guess that if you left by 7, you'd probably get there by 8, almost certainly by 8:30.

Also remember that it may take longer for a driver to get to you, so take that into account in your planning.

Hope this helps!

That's great thank you Kazrak, gives me a good idea of what to expect.

@Deb286

If the course remains the same next year, this map and chart might help. (Sorry for the low res) Floridian Way to World Drive re-opened at 7, then you could take that to Epcot Center and on. As pointed out--the driver will need to know how to get to you to avoid the major closures.

I don't know if the roads to the north of MK are public, i.e Center Drive, Floridian Place. If they are, that would be a way in/out.

i-pqcc7s7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter