2019 visit, last wk of April or mid May ?

Nickel78

Earning My Ears
hello,

I’m Planning a visit in the spring of 2019. Have it narrowed down to 2 weeks, either checking in on 4/28 or 5/12, which happens to be Mothers Day. Which is our better bet for lower crowds? Easter falls on 4/21 next year. Do crowds typically linger the week after Easter?

Thanks!

Hi,

I looked at some other sites who predict crowds...both weeks seem similar, around a crowd level 6 (out of 10). I think you'd be ok, things will really pick up once schools let out in late May/early June.

I just got back and it rained every day, so weather is more important than crowd size. Late May may not be a good time to go. Take a look at the Orlando weather today.

Sorry you had so much rain on your trip. That is definitely something to think about.

Check airfare for the weeks you're interested in. During Spring break the airfare is crazy expensive so if you're flexible with your arrival and departure dates then go with the fare that you're most comfortable with. We have a Disney cruise planned for next Spring out of Port Canaveral so if we were to fly we would be flying either into Orlando or Daytona Beach and the airfare was crazy expensive. As for rain, last year when we were in Orlando it literally rained every day of the week we were there. But in typical Florida fashion the rain came and went and we were still able to enjoy the theme parks.

Thanks for the advice. What week did you end up going last year?
We decided to drive down instead of flying because we're going on a Disney Cruise so our dates are set and the airfare to get us all down there will just about equal the cost of the cruise so we decided it wasn't worth it for us to fly down.

How about trying the week before Mother's Day? We were there that week and it was beautiful all week long. My grandmother told me that if it rains on Easter Sunday, it will rain the next six Sundays. And it usually rains some on Easter Sunday.

Rainy season in Florida starts around May 15 and goes into November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter