2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs anyone?

Yep. The Blues made the Stanley Cup finals in their first three years, but it was like having the NY Yankees playing some minor league team for the championship. The Blues were swept 4-0 all three years, twice by Montreal and once by Boston.

I wasn't really paying attention to hockey that closely back then. I wonder how long-time fans felt about having a farce for the finals.

And the divisions!! Philadelphia in the west and Vancouver in the east. :crazy: Yeah, yeah, I understand why it was done that way.

Anyway, kudos to the Blues. But why are they waiting so long to start the finals? It should be starting tonight or tomorrow.

The first Stanley Cup finals I remember was 1971, when Montreal beat Chicago in 7 games. But I read about the Blues making the finals in their first three seasons. That's why I called this season the first "real" time they earned it.

Somewhat on topic.

The house that once belonged to Philadelphia Flyers Hall of Fame center Bobby Clarke is listed for sale. (He's not the current owner.)

Comes complete with Flyers logo swimming pool. Reduced to $1.4 million. Property taxes $34,500 per year.

Last edited:

I like hockey. It’s a great sport, exciting to watch. I used to be a big fan of the NY Islanders, but I no longer follow the NHL. So good luck to those whose teams are still in it.

But I have to say...it’s almost June! Why are they still playing hockey?! (Isn’t it supposed to be a winter sport?) JMHO, the season is way too long. Sorry, just venting. :tiptoe:
:rolleyes1

I like hockey. It’s a great sport, exciting to watch. I used to be a big fan of the NY Islanders, but I no longer follow the NHL. So good luck to those whose teams are still in it.

But I have to say...it’s almost June! Why are they still playing hockey?! (Isn’t it supposed to be a winter sport?) JMHO, the season is way too long. Sorry, just venting. :tiptoe:
:rolleyes1

I agree about the long seasons. Here in Montreal the weather is so lousy, it almost feels like winter lol. I love hockey, skated as fast as I walked, it almost comes with the territory here, but I am really anxious for it to be done.

Having been at the game last night, it was pretty fantastic. It definitely showed that the Bruins had been off for 11 days during the first period.

As a Caps fan, I know the feeling in St Louis today. So happy for the team, what a comeback from the first half of the season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts