2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the themed F&W cards to wear around your wrist ($15 minimum to load) there was also a version that came with a lanyard and a “special medallion” (note this is not a pin). That was minimum $250 to load. Pictures of both from last year here
I got the lanyard one last year. I use the lanyard every time I go now to hold my pass holder card and such

I’m sorry if this has been asked already. Last year AP holders got the little cutting boards, does anyone know or has a guess what is being given this year?

Well I booked the candy sushi making seminar, lol. I wanted to do it last year when it was free but never did because my DH didn’t want to wait around while I did it so I’m going solo this year and decided to book it. I hope it’s not just kids, I don’t want to look like a creeper, lol.
Well my mom and I booked as well. We're all kids at heart after all right? :)

I’m sorry if this has been asked already. Last year AP holders got the little cutting boards, does anyone know or has a guess what is being given this year?
There hasn't been any information released on a possible gift for annual passholders for this year's festival.

Do AP discounts work at the Food and Wine kiosks?
wondering the same, but for DVC?
In the past, there has been a discount offered for DVC and AP holders for the beverage seminars and culinary demos. The discount has been in the range of $1 to $2 for seminars/demos scheduled on weekdays. I have no idea if the discount will be offered for 2019.

I think it's more likely that Disney has raised the prices while providing less "exciting options" Over half of the presenters this year are Disney chef's for example. (But at least they got rid of the local grocery store chefs :) )

Here’s hoping for some better, new events next year. We are in CA for the fall and winter working so will be back for WDW’s F&W next fall. I miss the signature dinners at the hotels, Trader Sam’s event, etc. We have been doing the Swan and Dolphin causeway event the last few years because it is much better than PFTS!

Here’s hoping for some better, new events next year. We are in CA for the fall and winter working so will be back for WDW’s F&W next fall. I miss the signature dinners at the hotels, Trader Sam’s event, etc. We have been doing the Swan and Dolphin causeway event the last few years because it is much better than PFTS!
Next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Food and Wine Festival. Hopefully there will be numerous special events to celebrate the anniversary.

From what I recall they didn't really add much of anything new or special for the 20th but I did miss attending that year and it's been downhill & cut back after cutback ever since. One can only hope they decide to turn things around but I'm not holding my breath. Last new events I can recall are the Burger Block Party, Trader Sam's & a couple of limited events they had at the Contemporary, I'm not really sure which year that was.

From what I recall they didn't really add much of anything new or special for the 20th but I did miss attending that year and it's been downhill & cut back after cutback ever since. One can only hope they decide to turn things around but I'm not holding my breath. Last new events I can recall are the Burger Block Party, Trader Sam's & a couple of limited events they had at the Contemporary, I'm not really sure which year that was.
I was there but can barely remember what I did last week :rolleyes: so I googled ... looks like they did a few things. That was the first year the booths expanded into Future World and expanded overall length of festival. There was a wine glass as the gift. The burger party & a few others debuted. They did the sampler and premium package. They had the special festival wines and other merch. They brought back some “favorites” to the booths - though seems like that is every year. Limited time events included taping of The Chew (that was first year but continued in years following) and there was a sweepstakes to attend a special dinner & Illuminations viewing (one night only; 250 winners).

I agree I’m not terribly optimistic but there’s certainly potential for some special stuff! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

What is the Swan and Dolphin causeway event? Is this something they do during F&W?

What is the Swan and Dolphin causeway event? Is this something they do during F&W?

Its a 2 night event (Nov 8-9 this year) where they have food and wine booths lining the causeway. Menus are already out - view at link below. You either get tickets to exchange for items or there’s an all inclusive option, which is nice. There’s entertainment as well. They also do some “classes” during the afternoon and a brunch on Sunday (both additional cost). You do not have to be staying there to attend. One note - in case of inclement weather it moves inside to their convention space and isn’t as fun, in my opinion.

https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Thank you Christine! That looks like a nice event. Hopefully I can go sometime!

Yes, it is a lot of fun. The weather was great the past two times we have attended. There is beer and a champagne room too. Also some small cocktails were made by the Saint Augustine distillery. Saki with the sushi. And also an up charge beer garden if you want. We did the beer garden, but last year my husband did not even go in because he was so full at that point! They also have a fun carnival section with things like Frito pie and fried Oreos.

For fun (and because I don’t want to work), I checked on the status of “Sunday Brunch with” reservations. Appears Robert Irvine, Buddy Valastro, and Andrew Zimmern are sold out - I searched for party of two. Could always be a glitch or more tables added so please check for yourself if you were eyeing one of these.

Such a contrast from the “old days” when any celeb chef event was sold out in minutes.

I’m curious about the various lunches too but those aren’t online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter