2019 Disneyland After Dark Events: Sweethearts’ Nite and 90s Nite

I am as well. Thinking maybe after the Holiday season, at least hoping for that, I am planning a cross country trip and was hoping to make some friends and have a meet or something.

Wow, Sweethearts’ nite already sold out. Guess I better buy the 90’s nite soon!

Does anyone think it's weird that Sweethearts night says it starts at 9pm (with 6pm as the first entry), but the Disneyland calendar shows an 8pm park closure? What will be going on between 8-9pm?

I was wondering, do they give you any kind of a schedule when you enter the park for these events? I have never been to one and I am attending the 90's night and I know they offer a lot of stuff so don't want to miss anything. Thank you.

I was wondering, do they give you any kind of a schedule when you enter the park for these events? I have never been to one and I am attending the 90's night and I know they offer a lot of stuff so don't want to miss anything. Thank you.
Yes. There will be either a shedule or map given out with information about where all the special things are located, times certain things take place, and which rides are open.

To those looking for extra event tickets: the tickets are technically non-transferable so you’re not supposed to ask here on the Dis boards since that’s is breaking an official Disney rule. The only official way to get tickets at this point is to ask if they have any available day of at the ticket booths, sometimes Disney will keep a small amount of event tickets to be sold on the day of the event. I realize that’s not really do-able for many people, especially if you are not local. Good luck guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to Sweethearts Nite this Thursday! We are about to drive down from the SF Bay Area & thankfully thought to check the weather/news before we hit the road. Looks like the grapevine is a snowy mess & is likely to get closed by the time we would hit it. So adjusting routes (now going the long way/along the coast) & expectations (no way are we still popping into the parks for a bit or our hotel’s pool by the time we get down there tonight). Not too worried as we will still have a solid 2 days in the parks & a bit of time on Friday before driving home if we choose. Got all the parts of our Mickey & Minnie outfits, right down to matching yellow shoes, packed and ready to go. We made it our personal goal that while we are dressed up we will try to take pictures with all of the versions of Mickey & Minnie (lunar new year outfits in the back of DCA, reg DCA outfits, 90th celebration outfits & normal outfits but we will see if they’re all actually available that day or not. Hope everyone has a great time at the first Disneyland After Dark event of 2019!

Good Call out, wasn't thinking it's Non-Refundable, Non-Transferable.
I really need to get on moving to the magic!!

To those looking for extra event tickets: the tickets are technically non-transferable so you’re not supposed to ask here on the Dis boards since that’s is breaking an official Disney rule. The only official way to get tickets at this point is to ask if they have any available day of at the ticket booths, sometimes Disney will keep a small amount of event tickets to be sold on the day of the event. I realize that’s not really do-able for many people, especially if you are not local. Good luck guys!

Correct. Disney park tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for re-sale. The DIS Boards does not support any violation of Disney policy, so the above poster is correct in stating that it is against the Board rules to try to sell a ticket here or to ask to buy one here. Just clarifying for anyone who may not have known this.

Hope everyone has a great time at this event -- looking forward to your reports and reviews!

Looking forward to Sweethearts Nite this Thursday! We are about to drive down from the SF Bay Area & thankfully thought to check the weather/news before we hit the road. Looks like the grapevine is a snowy mess & is likely to get closed by the time we would hit it. So adjusting routes (now going the long way/along the coast) & expectations (no way are we still popping into the parks for a bit or our hotel’s pool by the time we get down there tonight). Not too worried as we will still have a solid 2 days in the parks & a bit of time on Friday before driving home if we choose. Got all the parts of our Mickey & Minnie outfits, right down to matching yellow shoes, packed and ready to go. We made it our personal goal that while we are dressed up we will try to take pictures with all of the versions of Mickey & Minnie (lunar new year outfits in the back of DCA, reg DCA outfits, 90th celebration outfits & normal outfits but we will see if they’re all actually available that day or not. Hope everyone has a great time at the first Disneyland After Dark event of 2019!

Please do a detailed report back here afterwards! I am signed up for the 90s nite and I'm very eager to hear how it all works out.

Character hunting is a very fun goal :)

Hope you have a great time!

So we landed yesterday. Boy we didnt pack so well! Forgot the stroller (DD is turning 5 during our trip so we never use it at home but I cant see us doing 2 weeks of theme parks without one!)
And oh my gosh it's much colder than we expected! Where we live a warm summer's day is 24 and usually there is some wind chill added, so the weather report of late teens to early 20s looked good, all we have packed is tshirt, shorts and a couple of light sweaters. We are going to freeze tonight eeek

The girls have made Valentine's cards for the characters and their nana has made super cute shirts for them as well. Excited

Please do a detailed report back here afterwards! I am signed up for the 90s nite and I'm very eager to hear how it all works out.

Character hunting is a very fun goal :)

Hope you have a great time!
Thanks. I’ll post a report for sure :)

So we landed yesterday. Boy we didnt pack so well! Forgot the stroller (DD is turning 5 during our trip so we never use it at home but I cant see us doing 2 weeks of theme parks without one!)
And oh my gosh it's much colder than we expected! Where we live a warm summer's day is 24 and usually there is some wind chill added, so the weather report of late teens to early 20s looked good, all we have packed is tshirt, shorts and a couple of light sweaters. We are going to freeze tonight eeek

The girls have made Valentine's cards for the characters and their nana has made super cute shirts for them as well. Excited
Oh no! You might want to stop by the nearby Target to get something warm or splurge on some new warm layers at the shops in the park. Because dang it was COLD last night & we were only out til 9:30, tonight the event goes til 1. We were wearing both sweaters & coats to stay warm enough, but we also aren’t from cold weather/are wimps ;) How sweet that they made valentines for the characters!

I will be at the 90's event! So excited!! Fingers crossed for Hercules characters and event merchandise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter